Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23219 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 2.1 [9/10]
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2022, 10:42:12 am »

C’thun groans. “That was the worst thing you could have done for both of us, now my archangel is gone and the eye is about to attack you. Congrats, you have invented godly sucide attacks.

C’thun spends a creation to do... nothing, it seems like.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2022, 01:52:51 pm »

Hmn. Well, while this has been a mildly amusing diversion, it is time to return to work.
The Faceless Prince takes their teacup and sprays the copper within it in an arc ahead of them; everywhere a drop fell to the ground, a humanoid form clad in light armor arose.
Spoiler: Clockmen (click to show/hide)
I am willing to provide storage services for whomever may desire their artifacts and hard Acts be better protected than they may be elsewhere. All I would ask is upkeep of one generic Act per single piece of equipment or per pair of hard Acts.

[TN: Teacup of copper = Trade Act]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 02:13:42 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2022, 04:10:51 pm »

Arrange shifts between the four Guides in the mortal plane and between the Voicers to stay in the common plane

"What are you doing here, if you are here you need to talk to the Voicers, look at them just saying 'Greetings' to each other, how I thought this will be less strange I don't know"

Have the mentor talk and lecture to the Voicers

"I have run out of things to do now, and I would really prefer we could do as much as possible as quick as possible now that THE EYE is awake, so"

Quote from: Votebox on advancing to the Geological Age
No: 3 (The Faceless Prince, Twi, Shinka)
Yes: 3 (Qwitzikottle, Gibeele, The Wanderer)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2022, 04:28:50 pm »

Quote from: Votebox on the name of the world
Dirt: 1 (Harvey Harvest)
Dirt Cloud [Working Title, since mortals don't actually exist yet]: 1 (Gibeele)
Many Dirts: 1 (Shinka)
[Just let the mortals name the dang thing]: 4 (The Faceless Prince, Qwitzikottle, Twi, Gibeele)

"I suppose that if we're immediately advancing the age, as we should now that the eye is awake, there's something more useful I could use this Act for than petty mockery..."

Use Transformation act to Modify the Space Madness, causing it to slowly cycle between colors and adding this effect:
+ While at first the star causes 'alignment' towards the star's creator, over time this alignment shifts, replacing C'thun's influence with the creature's own.

((grumbles))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 05:09:09 pm by Egan_BW »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2022, 05:26:54 pm »

"I have run out of things to do now, and I would really prefer we could do as much as possible as quick as possible now that THE EYE is awake, so"
Fair enough. I can think of no particular objections at this point, so I suppose I shall simply abstain.
No: 2 (Twi, Shinka)
There is one more thing I believe is important to do on my part, however...
The Faceless Prince retrieves from their sleeves a feather quill and a small inkpot. Moving to the edge of the crystal sphere, they dip the quill into the ink, and upon the edge of the world, they begin to write...
Spoiler: Treatise (click to show/hide)

[TN: Ink = Knowledge Act]

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2022, 06:25:23 pm »

"Not to put to fine a point on it, but I will spear people who vote to advance when I have yet to actually place down anything for mortals to use in ritual. Simply on basic principle. Let the Eye sleep before we advance, lest things be washed away."
Spoiler: Plans (click to show/hide)
"I will not have the mortals without guidance or sleep. Sleep is nice, and as of now there is no night/day cycle. Simply endless light with no space for darkness. And not having Law irks me on a fundamental level. The type that leaves me ready to stab things."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2022, 06:29:33 pm »

How, actually, is the sky presently arranged? I do not believe that we actually know if there is a day-night cycle or not. I had rather assumed that there was.
And will the watcher tire and return to slumber? It is now aware of our presence, if only in the abstract for most of us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2022, 06:33:01 pm »

"You will not rule us by force, horse. Besides, you have your chance, you're taking it now. You'd threaten over something as minor as stating our opinion... are you a natural killer, or just fond of the bluff?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2022, 06:58:57 pm »

The horse tosses their head."I require power, and for that I need leverage. In this time all I have is a stick, and if the next age comes all I have will still be a stick. However if I have a Star of Law, then I will have a carrot. I do not much care if I am the one to make it or not, but a guiding light for civilization to be born under is pleasing to me."

..."I have focused much of mine time in seeking protection from violence, but in doing so have lost time to create. And my first act was to curse that foul star when others believed it harmless. While another destroyed it, it might be destroyed now just as well. And C'thun has learned from it's excesses, somewhat... Though they could be plotting beyond sight for one last act before the passing of the age. I still wish for time, one thing I am powerless to grasp alone."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2022, 07:05:16 pm »

"You have your time, it is now. Unless you have further plans? Posit them, and see if we agree they're worth the potential endangerment of waiting."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2022, 08:50:31 pm »

No: 3 (Twi, Shinka, C’thun)

C’thun laughs. “Don’t think I’m going soft Twi! I’m just doing this to piss people off.

C’thun smiles. WITH MIST

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2022, 09:25:59 pm »

Hmn. I suppose one must trade a vote with no purpose but to annoy with a vote with no purpose but to maintain an accurate representation of desires.
No: 3 (Twi, Shinka, C’thun)
Yes: 4 (Qwitzikottle, Gibeele, The Wanderer, The Faceless Prince)
I will reiterate that I do not particularly care if we advance the Age yet or not, but I don't believe that we should hold this advancement back simply due to one god's spite.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2022, 09:36:27 pm »

Once again crossing out my useless bauble to pitch in a Transformation Act to create the border between night and day.

Name: Twilight's Affection
Type: Ring of Dusk
Description: A perfect around the Crystal Sphere, orthogonal to the Sewing Sun which separates the half of the sky which is day from the half which is night. The band itself is colorful and intricately detailed, rewarding those who watch the sky at dusk or dawn with a compelling sight. (Of course, while in transit between islands, one would be able to see both halves of the sky equally, along with the Twilight Affection, but it is most visible when the Sewing Sun is partly occluded.)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2022, 08:37:20 pm »

Susan is rather...coy about getting involved in this muddling of waters and focuses on continuing with the great work of populating Creation with all manners of stratum.

Split 1 Benign Wetwork Operations Act into 2 Generic Acts.

1 Generic Act: Create the Ring of Remuneration

Code: [Select]
Name: Ring of Remuneration
Type: megastructure
Description: A colossal ring of metal, paperwork and pulsing fur that encompasses the whole diameter of Creation, encircling All along the y axis, being ever visible in the sky, both above and below. It rotates around Creation, slowly pulsating with flurries of furlight. Its surface is uninhabitable, being composed of deadly paperworkium.

1 Generic Act: Create the Ring of of Boundaries

Name: Ring of Margins
Type: megastructure
Description: A colossal ring of coral, rebar and slithering lampshades, it encompasses the whole diameter of Creation, encircling All along the x axis, being ever visible in the horizon. It rotates around Creation, slowly pulsating with flurries of lamplight. Its surface is uninhabitable, being composed of dreadful lampshades.

1 Sustainable Growth-Profit Synergies Act: Create a bauble called the Additional Labour

Name: Additional Labour
Primary actribute:Sight?
Effects:
 + Amplifies another god's Act or creation by a tiny bit.
 + If creation is sentient, they will be more open to jolly cooperation.
 - Attracts Suspicion on said Act or creation.
Description:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 10:31:28 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2022, 08:50:47 pm »

What exactly are you working on there, Susan?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35