Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61057 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 3
« Reply #1005 on: January 02, 2022, 12:11:20 am »

So, a lot of stuff has happened since my last post, but I have some info.

First, my previously stated wincon wasn't actually my wincon. I'm not sure if it was genuine mod error or if it had to do with what Mamobo said earlier about game rigging, but yeah, this explains why my wincon was so confusing and why it seemed out of whack with my alignment. I no longer have to die...because I no longer have to bring the Anti-Webadict faction to parity.

Full disclosure, I had the Anti-Anti-Webadict wincon until today, but now I have the correct Anti-Webadict wincon. Fairly certain this isn't an alignment conversion because my actual alignment has not changed, I still am Anti-Webadict. I thought I was some kind of weird uninformed Mafia Ally who couldn't be guilted through a Cop check, but I wasn't even told who the mafia team was so I had no idea what I was supposed to do or who I was supposed to protect. I genuinely did think Vector was the mafia team though, my shot was meant to be distancing lol.

But, now I know the wincon of two factions, and something doesn't add up.

I don't understand my role - and by extension - how I'm suppose to play here to advance my chances of success.

Excellent.

@Mod:
What is an Entity?
@Knightwing:
Some people are probably going to try to shoot you. Don't reveal how many bullets you have left.

Superdorf is likely not Pro-Webadict as they are aware of bullets, implying they have their own to kill Knightwing with. I'm going to assume Pro-Webadict are the town here, but I'm open to suggestions if this is incorrect.

I think I could help Helia, but I'm not sure how good that would actually be.
So...is Jim outed mafia? Or is it Knightwing?
I'm sad to say, but I haven't actually revealed my alignment. It was a good way to get a glimpse into people's factions though...now who to side with is the question...

Hrmpf.

With the power of the Sun, against the evils of Night and Darkness, I raise Helia! I bring back the one slayed by Jack!
Toony...both Anti-Anti-Webadict and Anti-Webadict factions have eliminating Pro-Webadict as part of their wincon. How is it that you didn't know this?
Ok, so apparently Roden doesn't have to die anymore.
So why are you so pissed about the robot? Just don't die!

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 4
« Reply #1006 on: January 02, 2022, 01:32:30 am »

Jack I think it should be obvious at this point why I'm concerned. There are a lot of things pointing to you being suspicious and not necessarily town-aligned. The biggest thing I'm scared of is that Egan converted you, because your tone has drastically changed over the past couple Day phases. I don't even think you're Anti-Anti-Webadict because the tone change is just that noticeable to me.

Even if it isn't you, we 100% do still have a Pro-Webadict Player floating around, because the Webadict Allies didn't get stumped after Egan died and nobody spoke up as a freed convert. But if you are the convert, it's terrifying how much power you have and how easy it is for you to get more.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 02, 2022, 01:33:34 am »

Toony, can I please have this ability attachment item? I want to see if I can put the robot on it.
I can, but the attached ability called IRRATIONAL FEAR OF YOU (which will make you unable to use other Figment's abilities) will automatically detach onto you. So if you're okay with that I can send it. Giving the Lucky Rabbit's Foot to someone is a free action, but attaching an ability to it counts as an action.
Wait, does that effect spread to whoever you give it to then? Or will you be clear once you pass it to someone else?
No. I spent my night action to reattach the IRRATIONAL FEAR, but it automatically will detach if I give it to someone.
It's a bit of a raw deal but I'll just bite the bullet for now. I'll take the item if you're still offering.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 02, 2022, 01:45:41 am »

Toony, can I please have this ability attachment item? I want to see if I can put the robot on it.
I can, but the attached ability called IRRATIONAL FEAR OF YOU (which will make you unable to use other Figment's abilities) will automatically detach onto you. So if you're okay with that I can send it. Giving the Lucky Rabbit's Foot to someone is a free action, but attaching an ability to it counts as an action.
Wait, does that effect spread to whoever you give it to then? Or will you be clear once you pass it to someone else?
No. I spent my night action to reattach the IRRATIONAL FEAR, but it automatically will detach if I give it to someone.
It's a bit of a raw deal but I'll just bite the bullet for now. I'll take the item if you're still offering.

This is highly suspicious. You should be trying to get Toonyman to give that item to me, if the ability is permanent.

Speaking of suspicious, you're right. My tone changed because I've gotten more stuff, more info. I'm afraid it's getting worse. My tone probably won't be improving if this keeps up

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 02, 2022, 01:57:34 am »

This is highly suspicious. You should be trying to get Toonyman to give that item to me, if the ability is permanent.

Speaking of suspicious, you're right. My tone changed because I've gotten more stuff, more info. I'm afraid it's getting worse. My tone probably won't be improving if this keeps up
From what I understand, it takes an action to attach something to the item. Unless you have a day action, you could immediately get re-attach the status and get rid of it, so mindlessly tossing the thing at you is kinda pointless. And if Toony was going to pass it to you to try to stop you, I think he would've done so by now.

Right now, my priority is just to get rid of this robot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 02, 2022, 02:16:26 am »

Want the BOX instead? It says you can put items inside it and also give to other Players as a free action.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 02, 2022, 02:18:16 am »

I think the downside to the BOX is that it can only store items and not abilities. But if this robot is an item it should be a way to get rid of it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 02, 2022, 02:20:13 am »

Robot is explicitly an item.
Might be an idea not to say where it goes, defer to Roden and the recipient.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 02, 2022, 03:39:41 am »

ToonyMan, can I have the foot, then? I don't have the ability to use any other figment's abilities anyway.

In fact, looking back, if you think I'm AAW, you should want to give me that ability to stop me from using the moon action from Fallacy's flip, too.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 02, 2022, 04:18:43 am »

@TolyK:
You should have seen Jack target Jim on N1.

I can confirm that Jim got their soul mechanized that same night and that it's possible these were two distinct actions (being killed, being mechanized). I'm not saying Jack killed Jim or anything, I think that's definitely between Max/Superdorf, but Jack should count as an Entity here and yet you didn't see them. This implies that Jack doesn't even count as a Player or something else is going on.

Hmm. Hmmmm.

Point of clarification: TolyK didn't see who visited Jim
TolyK set traps around Jim and watched who got damage.
No, I see what Entities target them, the damage is optional. Since it's low, and it's 12 damage to die, I bet it's a red herring, or it's a way to check damage resistance, or something.

Point of clarification: TolyK didn't see who visited Jim
He saw everyone that visited Jim. The damage was an optional bonus.

And yes Jack has access to Dead Chat now thanks to Jim.
Hmm. And I don't, even though I'm (almost) confirmed town and was dead at one point. :P

Ok, so either Jack isn't an entity, they're untraceable (which is a possibility!), or their mechanize ability works differently than they say (eg it's set during the day, and runs at night, like my inspect). I'm leaning towards the last one, which would also mean they're possibly also the killer. Hmm.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 02, 2022, 05:58:52 am »

Want the BOX instead? It says you can put items inside it and also give to other Players as a free action.
I think the downside to the BOX is that it can only store items and not abilities. But if this robot is an item it should be a way to get rid of it.
Robot is explicitly an item.
Might be an idea not to say where it goes, defer to Roden and the recipient.
That sounds perfect actually, I'll take it.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 02, 2022, 10:34:14 am »

I like box

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 02, 2022, 03:26:50 pm »

ToonyMan, can I have the foot, then? I don't have the ability to use any other figment's abilities anyway.

In fact, looking back, if you think I'm AAW, you should want to give me that ability to stop me from using the moon action from Fallacy's flip, too.
Yeah...okay.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 02, 2022, 03:33:19 pm »

FoU claimed the Jim kill, but that isn't the truth.

One of Superdorf/Max/Jack really killed Jim.

While I'm all for cooperation at this point to deal with mass murderer Knightwing, FoU's partner (if they exist) has not come forward. FoU is keeping quiet about certain things in the Dead Chat, which is something they would only do if they were covering for a partner. Therefore, it's very likely they're covering for either Superdorf, Max, or Jack. Of these, Jack is the least likely to be the partner. I feel like Superdorf was extremely open with claiming their target of Jim, but it's still possible they're hoodwinking us. Do I just vote Max because I believe Superdorf more? It doesn't seem right to me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 02, 2022, 03:57:02 pm »

I think I'm getting this now.

Maximum Spin is the Killer.  He's the other Anti-Anti-Webadict.  It's clear that AAW is the Mafia in this setup, as they had a group chat, but more crucially they had a groupKILL. 

You are ANTI-ANTI-WEBADICT.
Each Night, your Groupkill may be used to kill a Player. If you perform the Groupkill, you may turn your target into an item. You can find your Anti-Anti-Webadict Chat here: {REDACTED}

That is the true signature scum ability there, a shared group kill ability.  Any SK or otherwise claim is just nonsense.  So why Maximum Spin?

The biggest piece of evidence is his proof of targeting Jim, which I've gone over before, thanks to information from Flipped Anti-Webadict TolyK.  But let's look at his play this game.

How serious is this?
Entirely, he's my legitimate first choice. Why? Because I think it might have some mechanical effect.

D1 he starts out hard-casing on EuchreJack.  Could be trying to solve the puzzle, could be pushing a mislynch.

Alright! Now that I have my role info, I can start us off with a bit of game mechanics:

The Webadict has bullets. The Webadict can run out of bullets.
Bullets possess at least some protective, as well as offensive utility.

I wasn't told these things in blue, but it's something to work with.
Interesting. Does anyone else have bullets? Do you have any bullets?
Everyone: Is your role also from a past game? If so, which one?

Mixed in with some light rolefishing.

I feel like I should add that I am also Anti-Webadict and I believe that this is the town equivalent.

Honestly, I do kind of believe Fallacy here, because I was thinking of doing the same thing, but then I got distracted. I'm not CERTAIN, but it's plausible, at least.

This came late, once he had an idea of what being town actually meant.

Yeah, ToonyMan.

Siding with his scumbuddy on the Toony/Fallacy interaction D1.

Okay, I think... I think I know how this works, but I'd need to lynch one of... let me think... I guess best candidates are ToonyMan, Toaster, or Egan_BW.

This one's interesting, because it was never explained or expanded upon.  This COULD have been the only example of actual hunting happening on D1, but it never actually came.

In conclusion, D1 was spent looking for mislynch opportunities and poking at the puzzle without any meaningful interaction.  Typical "scum acting to look active" behavior.

He made no substantive post in N1.

D3, prior to Fallacy's kinging, he made no substantive posts of cases, merely throwing out "I could vote X" posts.  Then...

Maximum Spin:
As much as Toony's case seems to lack internal consistency, I didn't like your behavior Day 1 and I still don't like it much now either.
-Who do you think is scum, and why? I want to see some actual substance from your posts. You're still a target here.
Well, you, for a start, and Egan_BW, for reasons I have already explained. I may not always take things too seriously but I think you'll find that I've been extremely substantive, especially on that point. Aside from that, I've been really firm on my suspicion of the Vectoastoon - you should put them in that order, it makes the combination sound better - team this whole time. I think they might just be in bed with you, actually. ... not literally, ew.

Really, these "reasons" and explanations don't exist.  Max did say we should lynch Egan again because claimed cult leader, but there's no real actual case to match to any of these accusations.  It's just listed suspicions with no backup.  Notably, it's easy to go after Fallacy here when he knows he doesn't have a vote to throw at him; great distancing opportunity.  Later, he does make another long post that lacks real depth and ends with no real accusations and backs off his attacks on his scumbuddy.  As I said previously, he never offered any alternatives as to what happened.  When pressed for an answer, this is the best we get:  (I trimmed this quote a lot; check link if you want full context)

Here's my problem with this post; you aren't offering alternatives.  You offer no alternate proposal for why you took damage, you offer no alternate proposal as to who killed Jim, you offer no alternate proposal as to who is scum.  You list some people you think might not be it and throw a vague, loose suspicion at TolyK, but don't commit to anything.

So yeah, here.  Who do YOU think killed Jim?  Why didn't they take damage?  Who should Fallacy and EuchreJack vote?

The truth is, at the end of the day, I think scum is you. So obviously you're not going to like my position. I guess trying to justify it has therefore been a waste, but hopefully you can at least move on and try taking it out on someone else?

He says he suspects me, but without any actual case, and just kindly asks me to go suspect elsewhere.  After that, he continues to throw suspicion at me without ever providing a case.

In conclusion, Maximum Spin is Fallacy's scumbuddy, and Fallacy hoped he could create enough noise to save him.  Not this time.

Next, EuchreJack is the Convert.  I initially thought it was Jim and it had failed due to Jim's death, but this makes more sense.  How, you ask?  No, it has nothing to do with the Setup incident.

All of D1, EuchreJack plays reasonably.  Interacts with the puzzle, chases a few leads, generally participates.  I didn't really find many of his cases compelling, but that's not a statement of alignment.  Puts a quick read list in N1, which is nice to have. 

Now... D3.  Prior to the Kinging, EJ only briefly mentions the possibility of a convert, and that's directly to Egan.  Then the Kinging happens, and suddenly EJ can vote too.  Why?  I have no idea, actually, and have to write it off as NAI.  In any case, EJ wrote off Fallacy right after the kinging.  I called EJ out on this, then got a response I didn't like, and I then commented as such.

Then EJ throws a couple votes out and Fallacy hammers.

At first I thought it was a terrible, highly suspicious play.  Obviously I was right regarding Fallacy, but what of EJ?  Was this setting up a scumbuddy?  Clueless new town play?  I started at the first but slowly started moving to the second, when it hit me.

EuchreJack was throwing out casual L-1 setups because EuchreJack did not actually care who was lynched!

EuchreJack is suddenly a cultist without a leader.  A sheep with no shepard.  Lost, scared, and unsure.  Suddenly, he's the focus of attention because only EJ and FoU can vote.  What does a lone cultist do in this position, especially if they think FoU is scum?  Set them up to do a mislynch, while letting them take the heat for a trash hammer!  FoU played exactly as EJ hoped, and EJ survived into the night and next day, hoping to continue to ride things out safely.

Ah shit, I actually have 3 votes.  I hate you mod.  I hadn't intended to take such an active role in this game, but I can't evade the Spotlight!

A very prescient quote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 82