Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61044 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 4
« Reply #990 on: January 01, 2022, 04:29:38 pm »

Oh, I gave the robot to Roden. We're not disagreeing.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 01, 2022, 04:42:28 pm »

Couple of things:
1) I now have access to the Dead Chat.
2) Egan pointed out that TolyK knows the entities that visited.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 01, 2022, 05:26:03 pm »

Point of clarification: TolyK didn't see who visited Jim
He saw everyone that visited Jim. The damage was an optional bonus.

And yes Jack has access to Dead Chat now thanks to Jim.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 01, 2022, 05:28:38 pm »

I don't see any reason to not vote Maximum Spin but I owe this game a reread, specifically focused on him, Roden, EuchreJack, and Superdorf.  Two clarifying points, however:

Everyone:  Have you heard from a figment since end of Day 3?

Knightwing:  Your role is Webadict, right?  Not weird shit?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 01, 2022, 05:44:55 pm »

Everyone:  Have you heard from a figment since end of Day 3?
Not since Egan killed webadict at the end of D1.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 01, 2022, 06:03:35 pm »

I'm concluding from this and the previous information that Jack is not an Entity.

Why aren't you voting Superdorf here?
Because I only have one vote at a time and I use it on whoever I think is most concerning. I admit that the information that has become available since I made the quoted post has made me more concerned about different people, though, so, unvote for now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 01, 2022, 06:23:40 pm »

I'm concluding from this and the previous information that Jack is not an Entity.
If Jack isn't an Entity (which seems to be a correct reasoning) then how are they able to vote other Players? Why are they saying they're Anti-Webadict?

These questions aren't directed towards you and more to everyone in general.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 01, 2022, 08:23:54 pm »

A couple problems came up for me last night btw. I'll go over the biggest one: we have something called a Mechromancer in the game. They gave me a TINY ADORABLE ROBOT, which will let them possess me when I die. It doesn't seem like a conversion, they can just transform me into a Figment and control me once I'm dead. So if this comes from Anti-Anti-Webadict or Pro-Webadict, they're going to have access to my guns plus a secret ability I unlocked last cycle but haven't used yet.

If you're town, please step forward. If not, I'd prefer to have that ability-attaching item instead, Toony, so I can pass it to a scum read.

I am the Mechromancer.  I also gave the robot to Jim.  Probably best to get this out of the way: I now have Jim's vote, and I'll have Roden's vote if Roden dies as well.  I actually hadn't realized I'd get the abilities of the dead.
I had no idea what the robot actually did until AFTER transferring it to Jim.  I figured it was a junk item I could give Jim that would follow through with my promise to give Jim something.
I also exist outside the game to some degree.  Note FOU's crown ability didn't steal my vote, although maybe it was because I had two votes? Also note that I didn't suffer damage from TolyK's traps, unless I also got Doctor'ed by TolyK.  I'm unsure if Roden's normal damage guns would affect me.
I am also Anti-Webadict, the town faction, as strange that that must seem.  So it is my intent to use these abilities to win as Town.
Uhhhh...why gift me this if you weren't sure what it did though? And why me and not Knightwing or a Mason?

@TolyK:
You should have seen Jack target Jim on N1.

I can confirm that Jim got their soul mechanized that same night and that it's possible these were two distinct actions (being killed, being mechanized). I'm not saying Jack killed Jim or anything, I think that's definitely between Max/Superdorf, but Jack should count as an Entity here and yet you didn't see them. This implies that Jack doesn't even count as a Player or something else is going on.
I feel even more uncomfortable with this robot now. I don't know how much detail I should go into, but I've been hinting that my full role unlock came with a cost. I basically have a double penalty for dying now (or triple if you count dying itself) and I really want to get rid of this robot ASAP, preferably before this cycle ends.

Toony, can I please have this ability attachment item? I want to see if I can put the robot on it.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 01, 2022, 08:27:30 pm »

If Jack isn't an Entity (which seems to be a correct reasoning) then how are they able to vote other Players? Why are they saying they're Anti-Webadict?

These questions aren't directed towards you and more to everyone in general.
He could be something else entirely. If anything, Knightwing could possibly know what he is.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 01, 2022, 09:19:53 pm »

Toony, can I please have this ability attachment item? I want to see if I can put the robot on it.
I can, but the attached ability called IRRATIONAL FEAR OF YOU (which will make you unable to use other Figment's abilities) will automatically detach onto you. So if you're okay with that I can send it. Giving the Lucky Rabbit's Foot to someone is a free action, but attaching an ability to it counts as an action.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 01, 2022, 10:10:01 pm »

I can, but the attached ability called IRRATIONAL FEAR OF YOU (which will make you unable to use other Figment's abilities) will automatically detach onto you. So if you're okay with that I can send it. Giving the Lucky Rabbit's Foot to someone is a free action, but attaching an ability to it counts as an action.
Wait, does that effect spread to whoever you give it to then? Or will you be clear once you pass it to someone else?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 01, 2022, 10:27:18 pm »

Wait, does that effect spread to whoever you give it to then? Or will you be clear once you pass it to someone else?
No. I spent my night action to reattach the IRRATIONAL FEAR, but it automatically will detach if I give it to someone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 01, 2022, 10:54:23 pm »

Sorry Roden, I forgot you wanted to die.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 01, 2022, 11:30:45 pm »

Wow, that sounds ominous. I meant that I forgot that Rosen's win condition required him to die.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 01, 2022, 11:43:27 pm »

@Roden: Your reactions seem inconsistent.
You claimed:
Your win condition requires you to die.
You have Guns.  Bullets too?
You were legitimately pissed when I voted you

Having forgotten that you claimed that you needed to die, I thought your reaction was normal and moved on. But getting lynched should help you?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 82