Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60947 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #405 on: December 20, 2021, 01:31:17 am »

Unvote
Yes Mister President!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 20, 2021, 01:33:04 am »

I just realized what the missing right hands mean: They can't vote!
You vote informally by raising your right hand.  Thus the loss of the right hand symbolizes the loss of the vote.  I imagine if any of us got stumped, we'd lose our right hands as well.  Helia's hand grew back, so she can vote.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 20, 2021, 01:38:10 am »

Are you sure you're not Webadict in disguise, EuchreJack, nyaa?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 20, 2021, 02:17:04 am »

EuchreJack, as I mentioned before:

This game is not going to be solved by interacting with flavortext. My wincon does not require me to take out all Pro-Webadict Figments, only Players. Helia is a Figment, not a Player.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 20, 2021, 02:23:37 am »

Jim:
Is the Moderator neutral in this game? Helia got the ability to use The Privilege but Erebos' use of it earns him violations. Or he gets violations because he's a jerk to Helia. Either way it seems like the Moderator might be playing favorites.

I have reason to believe the Moderator is participating, if ever so slightly.

EuchreJack:
I just realized what the missing right hands mean: They can't vote!
You vote informally by raising your right hand.  Thus the loss of the right hand symbolizes the loss of the vote.  I imagine if any of us got stumped, we'd lose our right hands as well.  Helia's hand grew back, so she can vote.

I think this is a solid flavor interpretation.

This is a claim.  The claim is that if you don't vote me, and maybe encourage others not to vote me, then you'll receive an item in the night phase.
This claim only fails if multiple people give Jim stuff, who is our only confirmed Anti-Townie.  Ergo, that is still a win, especially if its Good Stuff as opposed to Junk.

Please justify the bolded bit.  Jim is confirmed Anti-Webadict; how do you draw that to Anti-Townie?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 20, 2021, 02:48:15 am »

This is a claim.  The claim is that if you don't vote me, and maybe encourage others not to vote me, then you'll receive an item in the night phase.
This claim only fails if multiple people give Jim stuff, who is our only confirmed Anti-Townie.  Ergo, that is still a win, especially if its Good Stuff as opposed to Junk.

Please justify the bolded bit.  Jim is confirmed Anti-Webadict; how do you draw that to Anti-Townie?
DAMMIT, I meant to say Anti-Webadict, not Anti-Townie.  I hate these Anti means Townie setups!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 20, 2021, 02:51:33 am »

EuchreJack, as I mentioned before:

This game is not going to be solved by interacting with flavortext. My wincon does not require me to take out all Pro-Webadict Figments, only Players. Helia is a Figment, not a Player.

Alright, this might be a tangent, but what is your opinion on killing flavourtext? I mean, I wholly intended to kill Helia.  I just didn't actually do it.

Good point though.  So long as Figments are not Players, voting them is generally unhelpful, unless they risk outvoting Town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 20, 2021, 02:57:35 am »

Is the Moderator neutral in this game? Helia got the ability to use The Privilege but Erebos' use of it earns him violations. Or he gets violations because he's a jerk to Helia. Either way it seems like the Moderator might be playing favorites.

The Moderator is named Webadict.  The game is called Kill Webadict.  I thereby argue that the Mod is not neutral.

My theory is that the Pro-Webadict faction consists of a private chat between the mod and maybe 1 or 2 players conspiring against us all.
The Anti-Webadict faction is town, the uninformed majority.
The Anti-Anti-Webadict faction is the mafia equivalent consisting of 2 to 3 players conspiring to win as mafia.

As to the Figments of Webadict's imagination, we should assume they are all Pro-Webadict aligned.  Even Erebos.  It is possible they all represent the mod's sympathy towards each faction, thus the two silent ones might actually help the Anti-Anti-Webadicts.  Which is still bad for town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 20, 2021, 03:05:21 am »

Are you sure you're not Webadict in disguise, EuchreJack, nyaa?
Assuming my win conditions are accurate, being the Webadict means I've already lost.  So I will disregard that possibility.

NOTE: The game ENDS when Webadict dies.
The Anti-Webadicts need to kill ALL the Pro-Webadict AND Anti-Anti-Webadict Players BEFORE the game ends.
Anti-Webadicts players need to kill the Webadict LAST.

While this info gives the opposing factions info, it is vitally important that all Anti-Webadicts know this.  I didn't pick it up on my first read, it's possible some Anti-Webadicts might not pick it up at all.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 20, 2021, 03:06:45 am »

I'll be voting FallacyofUrist, whom I believe to be Anti-Anti-Webadict, when I get the signal from President Jim that we can vote.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 20, 2021, 03:23:03 am »

Correction: I will not commit to voting FallacyofUrist.  Our antagonism could be townie fighting townie, so I'm going to back off for a bit and re-evaluate.
Mostly my fault, probably.

Additional: Knightwing could be Anti-Webadict.  Survival is not part of the win condition.  Knightwing, this would be a good time for you to speak.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 20, 2021, 05:07:39 am »

Okay, I think... I think I know how this works, but I'd need to lynch one of... let me think... I guess best candidates are ToonyMan, Toaster, or Egan_BW.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 20, 2021, 05:09:23 am »

Actually, I think Egan_BW specifically is the most informative lynch.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 20, 2021, 05:46:25 am »

Actually, if you are looking for information regarding Toonyman & Vector, you should lynch Vector, not Toonyman.

I'm a bit lost, since I usually use Toonyman & Web to determine Vector's alignment.

I don't think you can learn anything from lynching Egan_BW.  While Egan has been playing generally Anti-Town, I doubt that is alignment-indicative.
Egan actually has to live longer to learn anything from their death, mainly how others are reacting to them.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 20, 2021, 05:47:09 am »

Toaster is interesting, though.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 82