Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60974 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 3
« Reply #840 on: December 28, 2021, 03:49:25 pm »

Egan:
-What's your current objective now that you're alive and exposed and there's only two people who decide the execution target today?

That last part doesn't change much, considering that it doesn't matter whether you vote me, and it doesn't really matter if you catch the remaining scum. I'll win if someone manages to get everybody dead at once. But, we already know that's how to win the game, you don't need me to tell you that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 28, 2021, 04:48:39 pm »

While this could indicate that you're scum - now I'm imagining that you, Vector, and Toaster are the Anti-Antis, that doesn't necessarily have to follow from your argument's appearance. Because an alternative possibility is that you have investigative information you're working backwards from, while trying not to reveal you or your squad has such a power.

Is that the case?
Look. I'm either mafia with Vector who thought it would be a good idea to out ourselves because FoU's amazing play caught me D1, or I'm a mason with Vector and we're both town. I still have no idea why you're so suspicious of me and it pisses me off. I literally cannot be mafia unless the mafia team was me/Vector at the start of the game, which the real mafia know isn't true. I also have powerful resurrection and healing abilities that mafia would love to kill me for having, during the day via lynch would be even better than at night. Jim makes sense as a N1/N2 mafiakill target as Egan was likely to try to convert them or one of the masons, however it appears to have backfired hard. It's very likely either me or the Vector/Toaster pair will be targeted next, but it would also be in mafia's interest to get one of us lynched today.

So what am I? Am I what I say I am? A doctor-type Phoenix Mage role that has been mason-paired with Vector because of their abilities? Or would I expose the entire mafia team on D1 because I was "caught" by problem sleuth FoU? You have to decide whether mafia!Toony would do that. You cannot argue anything unless you think Vector/Toaster is mafia with me, which they aren't.

*a small bird lands on Toony's shoulder and speaks into his ear*

Jim is informing me in deadchat that his Crown ability he has was missing from the start of the game. He was only informed of it last night. When did you steal this ability FoU?

Some other things:
1. Jim had no night abilities.
2. The way he died was unknown, however his soul also turned into a robot. It's likely these were distinct actions targeted against him.
3. The Summon Meteors he casted on D1 says that if five meteors are summoned all players not aligned with the casting player die.
4. He regrets not lynching FoU on D1.

Toastvectortoon:
-Why on earth do you have a one-shot day revive and a non-shotted night revive that appear to do the exact same thing?
This game seems very power heavy, I would say this is reasonable to me. If mafia actually want to kill me this time then give it your best shot. I'm sure I wouldn't rise from the ashes or anything. Oh, and if you kill my mason buddies? I'll bring them back. Your choice. Right now I'm more inclined to res Jim over Tric during the night, sorry Tric.

-What was the intent of that day one play at the start of the day where you (Toony) tried to make himself look Pro-Webadict?
Why not? It potentially caught scum (you) and I have a mason partner that can back me up.

-Do you have an investigation result to justify that unusual case on Max, like I suspect?
You got me. I am also a cop. I revived Erebos and copped Max on the same night. My days are shrinking as we speak.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 28, 2021, 04:54:05 pm »

Okay. Finally had time to read this. Let me put these into an order that makes this easier.
Maximum Spin:  How did you take one damage?
I have no idea, as I wasn't told anything specific in the PM that told me I took it. However, I now have an idea about how it may have happened.

Toastvectortoon:
-Why on earth do you have a one-shot day revive and a non-shotted night revive that appear to do the exact same thing?
I don't think this is necessarily implausible. I have more than one way to accomplish the same result too, although they aren't identical. I'll answer your actual question for me at the end.

Did you kill Jim...

Max??
I did not.
Maximum Spin, can you remind us what you did this night? There's a good reason for me to be suspicious of you... I'll reveal it after your answer.
Based on what I've seen, I'm guessing that you put up something on Jim that gives people damage for targeting him?
Well, the truth is... I don't know who I targeted last night. My role is almost totally passive, and the thing I can do, I can't directly control. (This makes sense because of my role theming but I don't want to share that yet...) I did ask webadict, though, and found out that it is possible that it could have been Jim - the choice is made before actions happen (so redirects etc. also apply, although I don't have any reason to think that's relevant here). If that's what happened, it would be really annoying, but... it would explain why nobody had anything good to say to me when I asked. If nobody else has anything useful to tell me, I guess the logical conclusion is that it either happened to Jim or Tric, or that someone in town is being a jerk to me for no reason.

Assuming I survive the day, I'm going to try something else tonight — TolyK, if you really did protect Jim, I'm going to count you trustworthy. Look out for something from me.

Okay, last...
Maximum Spin:
As much as Toony's case seems to lack internal consistency, I didn't like your behavior Day 1 and I still don't like it much now either.
-Who do you think is scum, and why? I want to see some actual substance from your posts. You're still a target here.
Well, you, for a start, and Egan_BW, for reasons I have already explained. I may not always take things too seriously but I think you'll find that I've been extremely substantive, especially on that point. Aside from that, I've been really firm on my suspicion of the Vectoastoon - you should put them in that order, it makes the combination sound better - team this whole time. I think they might just be in bed with you, actually. ... not literally, ew.

One thing I can't help but notice... Vectoastoon have a castle. This castle protects them from damage, like the damage TolyK seems to be implying people got from being around Jim (if that is indeed what happened). ToonyMan, at least, has already claimed to flip as Anti-Anti-Webadict... oh, of course, supposedly as a death miller. And that's, in turn, supposed to be Vector's fault... so being associated with Vector makes you look like mafia, huh? The claim for this is backed up by a Miller-Mason role from Color Mafia, but I can tell you right off the bat that my role is nothing like its source material in terms of powers - same name and alignment but the whole theme and abilities are virtually the opposite, with a totally different gimmick (except for one really important ability that, while it has the opposite EFFECT, is still conceptually the same I guess). That doesn't mean everyone's role is that different, I guess, but it makes me suspicious that the whole thing is just a fakeclaim.
(... I'll admit that I'm not 100% sure Toony is actually in on it, though. It seems like it could be a con.)

Oh, I almost forgot, I figured something out while I was away from the computer a little bit ago. I mentioned before that Aeon was the personification of cyclical time, right? I bet he's responsible for the fact that it's Day 3 instead of Day 2, somehow. I'm not really sure what the point of this is, but... let me just say that I hope it keeps up.

ToonyMan just posted. Only thing I care about responding to:
You got me. I am also a cop. I revived Erebos and copped Max on the same night. My days are shrinking as we speak.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wish you had, then you would stop being wrong about me.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 28, 2021, 04:59:10 pm »

Jim is informing me in deadchat that his Crown ability he has was missing from the start of the game. He was only informed of it last night. When did you steal this ability FoU?

A crown is a type of hat. :)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 28, 2021, 05:04:53 pm »

@Fallacy:
Are you the one that has been stealing Tric's hats? Be honest now.

@Max:
Don't worry. This day is now controlled by Jack and FoU. But I would prefer a FoU lynch over a Max one currently if Egan isn't a priority.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 28, 2021, 05:08:26 pm »

@Max:
Don't worry. This day is now controlled by Jack and FoU. But I would prefer a FoU lynch over a Max one currently if Egan isn't a priority.
If Fallacy can be convinced to vote himself I am right there with you.

... it's worth a try, honestly. Does anyone want to offer to put on cat ears or something in exchange?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 28, 2021, 05:12:01 pm »

Well ... great. That's just great.

1. I wouldn't get mod-confirmation if somebody else in the mason chat got converted, but right now I would know if Toaster got converted because we're sharing a body. We (VectorToaster) weren't converted. I haven't seen anything particularly sus from Toony.

2. I have a paintbrush. I wasn't told what it does or a menu of options of what to do with it. I decided to dick around D1 and draw something related to my Mafia games to see what would happen as a flavor action, and I drew a castle a la Lonely Prince/Iron Diadem. Hence the watercolor castle everyone saw. I haven't used the paintbrush subsequently because Toaster and I only get to action once between the two of us and we used a Toaster night action.

3. I notice nobody has made any assertions yet regarding the skip in Daycount. I wonder if we have a Doomspeaker situation (e.g. get to day X and player Y wins). For example, it would make sense if The Webadict wanted to draw things out longterm.

4. FoU apparently stole an action from the confirmed townie yesterday ??? In what universe is this pro-Town FoU? ? ?

5. We have another (?) thief though. Someone took the Sprint Hat from Tric. Hm.

6. I don't remotely trust Roden's "I was a mally, mod made a mistake" thing. I think he could have been converted to the Anti-Webadict team by someone who's not speaking up -- and I do believe the comment that he was gonna randomly shoot me as "distance" from a person he thought was on the scumteam -- and also I think his behavior has changed (seems believable there was an actual change in team). But this story about "was mally, now town via Mod Mistake" seems very sus.

(Ninja'ed x4)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 28, 2021, 05:14:32 pm »

@FOU: Well, I don't trust how you got to be King, but might as well make the best of it for town.  I'd also prefer a lynch over a no-lynch.
Care to share how long our Co-Counsel reign is supposed to last?

@TolyK: I believe you have something to reveal?
Maximum Spin, can you remind us what you did this night? There's a good reason for me to be suspicious of you... I'll reveal it after your answer.
Admittedly, Max's answer wasn't a full one, but seems to be the extent of what Max is going to disclose.

@Max:
Unfortunately, lynching FOU appears impossible currently.  But other targets are certainly possible.  Between Pro-Webadict and Anti-Anti-Webadict, even if FOU is scum, hopefully he'll be agreeable to lynching the other scum team instead of town.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 28, 2021, 05:14:42 pm »

Oh, I almost forgot, I figured something out while I was away from the computer a little bit ago. I mentioned before that Aeon was the personification of cyclical time, right? I bet he's responsible for the fact that it's Day 3 instead of Day 2, somehow. I'm not really sure what the point of this is, but... let me just say that I hope it keeps up.

. . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 28, 2021, 05:18:59 pm »

@Roden: Your gun only does 3 damage, right?  Have you been using it?
Reminder that it takes 12 damage to kill, apparently.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 28, 2021, 05:20:51 pm »

@Max:
If Fallacy can be convinced to vote himself I am right there with you.

... it's worth a try, honestly. Does anyone want to offer to put on cat ears or something in exchange?
Unfortunately, FoU wouldn't make himself King to vote themselves.

Jim is encouraging Jack to not let FoU have their choice of lynch.

1. I wouldn't get mod-confirmation if somebody else in the mason chat got converted, but right now I would know if Toaster got converted because we're sharing a body. We (VectorToaster) weren't converted. I haven't seen anything particularly sus from Toony.
Okay, so this confirms that Toaster/Vector could possibly be converted now. Although I can confirm we still share the mason chat. I still would much prefer an Egan lynch over my mason partner(s) if it comes to dealing with the cult.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 28, 2021, 05:21:56 pm »

Fallacy of Urist

This isn't permitted, but I may as well see what happens when I try! You cannot kill me in any way that matters, after all.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 28, 2021, 05:25:17 pm »

Wow, you have a way higher opinion of Fallacy's rationality than I do.

Sorry, I know this isn't helpful, but I had to say it.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 28, 2021, 05:28:20 pm »

Wow, you have a way higher opinion of Fallacy's rationality than I do.

Sorry, I know this isn't helpful, but I had to say it.

*snerk

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 28, 2021, 05:28:31 pm »

Reminder that it takes 12 damage to kill, apparently.
webadict confirmed this in the Dead Chat for Tric. We should be able to confirm it in-thread too.

@Mod:
How much damage to kill someone?

It's a bit spooky how none of the Figments are talking today...
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 82