Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61049 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 3
« Reply #825 on: December 27, 2021, 08:09:35 pm »

Hi, I haven't read most of the thread since SoD. My parents are in town, got in town yesterday night around when Day . . . 3 . . . started, we're doing Christmassy stuff.

I can definitely post late in the evening after my father goes to sleep. Sorry for not letting you know sooner, they came in a lot earlier than I expected.

Yeah, no worries. I kind of assumed some life stuff came up on your end.
My main question to you above, for reference: as a Mason, would you know if Toony went cult?

It's nothing too special and about what you'd expect in any multi-faction game actually. All Pro-Webadict Players must die, eliminate or achieve parity with the rest of the Players, and kill the Webadict. There isn't even a mention of Entities, so it shouldn't further mafia's or town's wincons to vote them out unless specific people have specialized wincons.

Pro-Webadict

...yeah alright, but you said you had the Anti-Anti-Webadict wincon.
Which is it, Roden?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 27, 2021, 09:51:08 pm »

Hi, I haven't read most of the thread since SoD. My parents are in town, got in town yesterday night around when Day . . . 3 . . . started, we're doing Christmassy stuff.

I can definitely post late in the evening after my father goes to sleep. Sorry for not letting you know sooner, they came in a lot earlier than I expected.

Yeah, no worries. I kind of assumed some life stuff came up on your end.
My main question to you above, for reference: as a Mason, would you know if Toony went cult?

It's nothing too special and about what you'd expect in any multi-faction game actually. All Pro-Webadict Players must die, eliminate or achieve parity with the rest of the Players, and kill the Webadict. There isn't even a mention of Entities, so it shouldn't further mafia's or town's wincons to vote them out unless specific people have specialized wincons.

Pro-Webadict

...yeah alright, but you said you had the Anti-Anti-Webadict wincon.
Which is it, Roden?
Y...Yes? I'm sorry, what are you confused about?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 27, 2021, 10:12:30 pm »

Maximum Spin, can you remind us what you did this night? There's a good reason for me to be suspicious of you... I'll reveal it after your answer.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 27, 2021, 10:45:22 pm »

Maximum Spin, can you remind us what you did this night? There's a good reason for me to be suspicious of you... I'll reveal it after your answer.

Ooh, I'm gonna unvote TolyK on the basis this might be good!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 27, 2021, 11:00:49 pm »

You said you initially had the Anti-Anti-Webadict wincon on an Anti-Webadict chassis, but switched to the Anti-Webadict wincon. When I asked you to tell me what you knew about your old wincon, you described the wincon for

Pro-Webadict

…which makes me wonder if you lied about the Anti-Anti thing. Which makes me wonder if you're Egan's new sidekick.
Or maybe it's a harmless typo. But I want to hear that explanation from you.

I like where this is going.

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 27, 2021, 11:05:25 pm »

Or maybe it's a harmless typo.

Lord knows I'm struggling to keep all this straight.

klonk
Sigtext

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 27, 2021, 11:10:33 pm »

You said you initially had the Anti-Anti-Webadict wincon on an Anti-Webadict chassis, but switched to the Anti-Webadict wincon. When I asked you to tell me what you knew about your old wincon, you described the wincon for

Pro-Webadict

…which makes me wonder if you lied about the Anti-Anti thing. Which makes me wonder if you're Egan's new sidekick.
Or maybe it's a harmless typo. But I want to hear that explanation from you.

I like where this is going.
Ok, quoting "Pro-Webadict" out of context doesn't tell me anything. Could you please quote the full post and bold the part that confuses you? Because I don't understand your argument right now.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 27, 2021, 11:24:52 pm »

I did that already, minus the bolding part.

...oh. Bleh. "Pro-Webadict Players must die" and "eliminate or achieve parity with the rest of the Players" are two different statements aren't they?
Unvote

Apparently I'm tetchy and easily confused today, apologies :-X

klonk
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 28, 2021, 02:16:28 pm »

Toony...both Anti-Anti-Webadict and Anti-Webadict factions have eliminating Pro-Webadict as part of their wincon. How is it that you didn't know this?
I do know this.

Anyway: Egan is outed scum. Any vigs available to take them out? Roden? Anyone?
If we believe Egan is already gone today, then I want to vote the person most likely to have killed Jim last...night, or the night before.

Who killed Jim?

It wasn't Jim.
It wasn't me.
It wasn't Vector-Toaster.
It wasn't TricMagic.
It wasn't Erebos.

It probably wasn't Egan.

Was it Roden? - Possible, though they claimed they were an Anti-Anti-Webadict Ally until today.
Was it Max? - Possible.
Was it Jack? - Possible, though I think they're town.
Was it FoU? - Possible.
Was it Knightwing? - Unlikely, this means Anti-Anti-Webadict don't have a kill.
Was it Superdorf? - Possible, though I think they're town.
Was it TolyK? - Possible.
Was it Helia? - Unlikely, this means Anti-Anti-Webadict don't have a kill.

In my opinion, Jim's killer is inside Max/FoU/TolyK. However, TolyK and Max are mutually exclusive. TolyK also looks the best to me here out of the three.

I don't believe Roden would out themselves like this today if they killed Jim.
I don't believe Jack or Superdorf are mafia.
I don't believe Knightwing and Helia killed Jim, which Fallacy has been pushing.

Lastly, Superdorf claims they targeted Jim last night and took 1 point of damage.

Someone else took 1 point of damage last night. Was it because they targeted Jim? Why haven't they claimed their action like Superdorf?

Did you kill Jim...

Max??

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 28, 2021, 02:37:06 pm »

Well that's interesting alright.

... while your logic makes sense, it still feels a little incomplete, which I feel bound to point out. There's no indication of what would cause someone who targeted Jim to take damage, unless I misremembered his role flip? I agree that Superdorf looks pretty townie, that part's fair nya. You haven't explained why you think Jack is town - unless you did so in an earlier post?

I guess the overall point here is that your logic is internally consistent but its premises - your town and scum reads - aren't really explained, and neither is the 1-point-damage association. Which makes me feel like you're working backwards from a conclusion to make an argument.

While this could indicate that you're scum - now I'm imagining that you, Vector, and Toaster are the Anti-Antis, that doesn't necessarily have to follow from your argument's appearance. Because an alternative possibility is that you have investigative information you're working backwards from, while trying not to reveal you or your squad has such a power.

Is that the case?

Vector: I believe you promised an explanation of how the castle thing fits your role?

Ultimately, I know the only person I can fully trust is myself - I'm not lucky enough to have a mason squad, and I could just die next Night. Therefore, when combined with some other reasons based on private role information, it makes sense to take matters into my own paws now.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Mafia Moderation Police Edition REDUX : Ammo [Night 1]
« Reply #835 on: December 28, 2021, 03:07:09 pm »

The vote board is kicked aside. All hail your new King...

And EuchreJack, naturally.

FallacyofUrist has become King.

Votes Reset.

Vote Count
—----------------------------
Egan_BW - 0 -
EuchreJack - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
Superdorf - 0 -
Toaster-Vector - 0 -
TolyK - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
Helia - 0 -
Erebos - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - EuchreJack, FallacyofUrist,

2 to Hammer. Day ends at 19:00 CST on December 29th, 2021 (~29 hours remaining.)

Damage Count
—----------------------------
Knightwing64 - 8 Damage
Maximum Spin - 1 Damage
Roden - 2 Damage
Superdorf - 1 Damage

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 28, 2021, 03:10:04 pm »

Superdorf:
Vector/Toaster: Same question for you. Would you know if Toony switched alignments, and have you received anything to that effect?

I don't think so, but I certainly haven't heard that.

I don't think a full action claim's a good idea, but I'd like to hear everyone weigh in on if their action last night can be vouched for by anyone else.  We can narrow the list somewhat; this is good because it makes fakeclaiming harder later without necessarily revealing anything to scum just yet.

I'll start!  Not directly, but Toony saw us submit the action in mason chat.

Toaster/Vector did a thing.
Toony ressed Erebos.
Egan probably converted someone, or is actually already dead.  Possibly Jim?  Kill resolves before convert, so it's an easy logical target.
Maximum Spin claimed a(n almost)passive role.
Fallacy claimed to !none, but has implied he has strong powers.  [bottom]
Roden has claimed gun powers, but not use of them.
TolyK implied he actioned Maximum Spin.
Superdorf actioned Jim to give him an item.
EuchreJack says "I have no investigative results." which could mean a lot of things.

Tric never claimed his action, but I greatly doubt he killed Jim.  His action does damage, yes, but doesn't imply a direct kill.  Plus, why would Tric try to kill someone of his own alignment?
Jim's only action is obviously unused.  Looks like he gave Superdorf a spellbook at some point, though not sure if that was D1 or N1.

Helia and Erebos are listed on the vote count, but they (and friends) I'm not going to worry about as that's far too deep into the mod WIFOM.

That leaves Knightwing and Roden for not mentioning anything.

As far as actions that happened last night:

Somebody is responsible for it being D3 instead of D2.
Something hurt Maximum Spin.
Jim died.
Erebos was ressed, claimed by Toony.

Hm.

Maximum Spin:  How did you take one damage?

Knightwing:  Can your action be proven last night?

Roden:  Can your action be proven last night?

TolyK:  Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

PPE:  Well, that's a thing.  Guess that's what Fallacy meant.  Why also EuchreJack?

Roden, where'd that damage come from?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 28, 2021, 03:19:44 pm »

Next question for @Mod, or @Narrator: how's that meteor looking? Any closer?
The meteor appears to be in good health. It also appears to be stationary. Probably.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 28, 2021, 03:31:13 pm »

I didn’t use an action last night. I was confused and waiting for my role info. Also, no, I didn’t kill Jim. It would be rude and a waste of bullets.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 28, 2021, 03:41:00 pm »

PPE:  Well, that's a thing.  Guess that's what Fallacy meant.  Why also EuchreJack?
Uh. I have no idea. The ability I borrowed from Jim's corpse was supposed to make me and me alone the King. Presumably Jack has a trumping power?

But you know, maybe this is for the better. Checks and balances, Roman style. We both have to vote the same person to execute. Makes me feel a little better about doing this.

Here's the deal nya.

By narrowing the scope of who gets to vote, we intensify the pressure substantially. The Toontoastvector party is either an incredible town block or an incredibly blatant scum squad - and I'm going to get to the bottom of which it is.

Oh, and questioning Max as well. His behavior Day 1 was fishy and unlike Toaster it's not really excusable by 'I haven't decided who to work with yet'.

EuchreJack should either work with me or pick his own targets - we'll decide who dies together, looks like. I'd rather not no-execute via tie if at all possible.

Toastvectortoon:
-Why on earth do you have a one-shot day revive and a non-shotted night revive that appear to do the exact same thing?
-What was the intent of that day one play at the start of the day where you (Toony) tried to make himself look Pro-Webadict?
-How does a castle fit Color Mafia?
-Do you have an investigation result to justify that unusual case on Max, like I suspect?

Maximum Spin:
As much as Toony's case seems to lack internal consistency, I didn't like your behavior Day 1 and I still don't like it much now either.
-Who do you think is scum, and why? I want to see some actual substance from your posts. You're still a target here.

Knightwing42:
-How many Bullets do you have left?

Egan:
-What's your current objective now that you're alive and exposed and there's only two people who decide the execution target today?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 82