Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61196 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #645 on: December 22, 2021, 11:35:48 am »

I personally think the Webadict wins when the game is completed, rather than ended. Pro-Webadicts win by keeping the Webadict alive, while an Anti-Webadict needs them dead, and Anti-Anti-Webadicts want the Anti-Webadicts dead but don't care if the Webadict lives. So Webadict is the Cult Leader, Anti-Webadicts Town, and Anti-Anti-Webadicts the Mafia.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 22, 2021, 11:38:15 am »

Yeah, I'm not an everybody-wins kind of guy. I can specifically win the game just for town using my role power if it keeps going long enough, and that sounds like the kind of win I like better. Especially because it would be me doing it and not somebody else. So, I don't accept this outcome.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 22, 2021, 12:30:36 pm »

Let me tell you a story. The sister of the life-giving sun god Helios and the moon and witchcraft goddess Selene - all children of the titans Hyperion and Theia, putting them among the third generation of divinity - was Eos, radiant goddess of dawn. Eos is a fairly minor figure mainly known for raping (in the classical sense of 'abducting', with consent not necessarily specified) mortal men with the same alacrity with which male gods would women. Luckily, she isn't in this game and is nothing to worry about.

Our Aeos is probably the Eos you're talking about here since Helia referred to Selene and Aeos as her brothers.

"In a way, I am an inspiration from him, just as most Figments are. Helia, naturally, comes from Helios, the Greek God of Sun, as does the symbology of the Sun upon my skirt. My brothers, Selene and Aeos, are similarly named after his siblings of Greek mythology. It is something of a tradition among our births. It gives our short lives meanings beyond that which we could create ourselves."

Why on earth are you voting no execution right now? You are our confirmed anti-webadict. The key word in bastard mafia is bastard mafia. We're playing in the Mafia subforum. Hunt sus people. And if that means voting me, I'll take it. Anything's better than wasting our first Day execution.

I'm not super in favor of lynching anybody since they might have pieces of the puzzle.

Even you, Pro-Webadict FallacyofUrist, might have a piece of the puzzle worth preserving!

Toaster and Vector begin to swirl together, colors dancing like infinite spheres of light that they effortlessly dodge. They appear before you, merged as a single Entity. You hear the soft melody of distant tears.

POWER OVERWHELMING

At minimum Anti-Webadict exists because my alignment was blue text confirmed.
@Jim: Do you mean blue text in your role PM or in-thread?

In thread. There's no blue text in my role PM.

@Jim & Friends: FallacyofUrist has suggested giving up a vote for truthful information in blue.  Would you offer some degree of not-voting Fallacy if he agreed to give up his vote for that info? I imagine he might be reluctant to give up his own vote if he thinks he may or may not be voted today.

That doesn't seem like that valuable a trade especially if Knightwing64 can do it for free, if he can be bothered at all to do it.

I fully expected my ability to force the Mod to confirm in Blue. Have they committed a violation?

Well, whatever. The Truth is, This is all a Dream. We aren't really real. Characters and Players, nothing is, only shadows. There is nothing but the Dream. So, Awaken from this Dream.

TricMagic has voted to Awaken, and Spoken the Truth.

I am very interested to see the results of this.

Unvote

Jim, do you know whether anything happened?

If anything was supposed to happen it either hasn't happened or hasn't happened yet.

I'd be willing to consider a Fal launch over Helia, if only because we have a better chance of furthering the Erebos wincons by doing so. What I'm not particularly interested in yet, is a deathless Day…dead players are sources of information too, and I want town to have the initial control over who dies. Toony and Jim, you're gonna have to sell me on the No Lynch.

I explain to FallacyofUrist above. I think lynching somebody would be productive, however, living players have information and can actually reveal the information they know.

There's also that The Webadict must die as part of our win-condition, which we don't know how to do and should probably figure out first.

Superdorf, what about you?

My day actions are kinda useless at the moment; I'm keeping them in reserve.

Okay, cool. I'm going to send you a book of spells. As a Day action you can learn a spell from the book. I learned Summoning Magic which is what let the Class President in me summon the meteor.

I want you to read it as soon as you get it. I don't know what's going to happen when you do. You might learn a powerful spell but with an ominous downside.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 22, 2021, 12:33:07 pm »

I fully expected my ability to force the Mod to confirm in Blue. Have they committed a violation?

Well, whatever. The Truth is, This is all a Dream. We aren't really real. Characters and Players, nothing is, only shadows. There is nothing but the Dream. So, Awaken from this Dream.

TricMagic has voted to Awaken, and Spoken the Truth.

Fuck.

If the Webadict dies, the Game will end...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 22, 2021, 12:37:12 pm »

And now I have Aeos coming in... Great.
So apparently a greater Truth is needed so these Figments can't resist it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 22, 2021, 01:12:30 pm »

If the Webadict dies, the Game will end...
Webadict and webadict. Game and game. Case does matter here.

Honestly I trust TricMagic here. We're playing in a simulation, effectively.

Which begs the question of what the game beyond the Game is like.

If our roles are Figments, though, we ought to be able to chat with them. I've already sent a message to my own role, but for public viewing:

@Hat Kid: Are you there?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 22, 2021, 01:35:59 pm »

Don’t worry guys, false alarm. Tric can’t do jack shit, at least not to me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 22, 2021, 01:37:59 pm »

@Hat Kid: Are you there?
A small girl in a hat appears. She waves at you. She points at the vote board before her right arm is violently torn off, her screams echoing through the clearing.

How dare you, you disgusting creature. You dare Violate the sanctity of this Game? You have no Rights here, Entity. Make a mistake like that again, and you will be lucky to exist.

Selene slowly moves towards Hat Kid, hesitating every couple of steps before tending to her wounds.

It is quiet except for the muffled cries.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 22, 2021, 01:39:57 pm »

Well fuck, nya.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 22, 2021, 01:40:47 pm »

Awake?

Well, I don't think I'm likely to win as intended, by surviving long enough to singlehandedly convert everybody to my alignment. Because I have no experience and aren't suited to this game anyways.

Like, I don't like having to hear people repeat incorrect information over and over. Even if it's probably to my benefit, come on, that's not pleasant. Pro-Webaddicts don't win with Knightwing. If there's a traditional mafia alignment in this game, it's probably the anti-antis. I'm the only Pro-Webaddict, Fal doesn't share my alignment to my knowledge, because I'm the only one in my scumchat thus far. I win when The Webaddict dies, so long as my faction outnumbers or is the same as all other factions, and all Anti-Antis are dead.
This means I win if everybody dies at once, and I'm reasonably convinced that this is true for everybody.

So, I'm content to try to convince people to go for that, or else Awaken From The Dream.

Also, I noticed that Infractions seem to cause 2 Damage each. And I'm immune to damage, so lemmie test that. The only confirmed way to get infractions I know of is to try to do something you cannot do.

Kill all players simultaneously.

If you'd like to be rid of me, then I'll save you the votekill and shoot Knightwing to deny him a bullet.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 22, 2021, 01:42:32 pm »

Protect Hat Kid, holding up a brewed potion. Bit rude, you're just a figment too, even if the Mod does grant you some power.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 22, 2021, 01:43:10 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot, Helia was lying about being Pro-Webaddict, too. She's not part of my alignment. "Launch the liars", what a hypocrite.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 22, 2021, 01:44:53 pm »

Well, whatever you are. Didn't the Narrator die? Can be a bit confusing like most dreams are.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 22, 2021, 01:50:15 pm »

Alright.

Let's assume this game is bastard enough that alignment is, effectively, irrelevant.

There is only Webadict and Not Webadict.

Wait, fuck, if I trade my vote to the Moderator I'll get my right arm ripped off. Nyaa.

That said there might be more things we can trade other than votes. Say... items?

And for what it's worth, Awaken.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 22, 2021, 01:56:53 pm »

Scum outing themselves? Neat. Now we're on easy street.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 82