Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61203 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #600 on: December 21, 2021, 10:46:01 pm »

I'm not super worried about anybody's actual alignment at this point in the game, except for FallacyofUrist who is very obviously playing to his Pro-Webadict wincon.
Do you actually think that? I read him as more of a third party.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 21, 2021, 11:02:52 pm »

I'm not super worried about anybody's actual alignment at this point in the game, except for FallacyofUrist who is very obviously playing to his Pro-Webadict wincon.
Wouldn't that be fourth party? Multiple people have already stated Anti-Anti-Webadict and Pro-Webadict exist, and I'm fairly certain both are group scum going by stated wincons of having to elimination both factions to win. Neutral-Webadict is apparently a thing, but Toaster couldn't win while neutral I guess?

Whatever Fallacy is, his wincon might not necessarily match his alignment. So if you read him as "third party", that might be why.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 21, 2021, 11:06:51 pm »

Wouldn't that be fourth party? Multiple people have already stated Anti-Anti-Webadict and Pro-Webadict exist, and I'm fairly certain both are group scum going by stated wincons of having to elimination both factions to win. Neutral-Webadict is apparently a thing, but Toaster couldn't win while neutral I guess?

Whatever Fallacy is, his wincon might not necessarily match his alignment. So if you read him as "third party", that might be why.
Well, I'm not stipulating any particular party. I've been thinking of "pro-webadict" as the mafia proper, since town is "anti-webadict", so his being Anti-Anti is potentially included in what I mean.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 21, 2021, 11:26:12 pm »

I can't confirm or deny the presence of any alignment other than Webadict, Pro-Webadict, Anti-Webadict, Anti-Anti-Webadict, or any other Webadict-Neutral besides myself.  I knew Anti-Anti-Webadict existed because my "wincon" wanted them dead.  I'd assume that's the full gamut, but I don't have any information beyond that.  I'm not sure if my "can't win" bit was a facet of my alignment or of my role, and I doubt we'll ever know unless another Webadict-Neutral flips up.

What does Anti-Anti-Webadict mean anyway?  It's conceptually distinct from Pro-Webadict enough to be recognized by game mechanics.  Pro-Webadict is obvious enough; they want the Webadict to win.  Anti-Webadict is also obvious enough; they want to Kill Webadict Now (and his buddies.)  What of Anti-Anti-Webadict?  If I had to guess, it's that "buddies" bit that's relevant.  Without having seen the "Pro-Webadict" wincon, I assume they want Webadict to not die.  Anti-Webadict wants him dead WITH his friends.  So what if the Webadict dies without the Pro-Webadict and Anti-Anti-Webadict all dying?  I'm assuming that's where the Anti-Anti-Webadict now.  As such, we need to Kill Webadict Later... which I guess we're already doing with the zero interest in Voting Webadict Now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 21, 2021, 11:51:25 pm »

I was thinking about this earlier; anti-anti-Webadict sounds like an SK or mally type. I assume the wincon is "kill all anti-webadicts" and they don't really care what happens with the other players.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 21, 2021, 11:51:28 pm »

Players I won't vote:

Jim - town, everyone knows this
Vector - town, only I know this
Superdorf - feels very town
Jack - feels very town
Toaster - has joined town, I believe them
Roden - is working with town, I believe them

Players I don't know:

Tric - probably town, don't a non-mafia player would steal from them and stay quiet, don't think mafia!Tric would bother to cry about it
TolyK - maybe town?
Egan - maybe town?

Players I'm okay with voting:

Maximum Spin - playing fast and loose, I feel they have the most synergy with FoU
FallacyofUrist - if they're town they're being extremely anti-town unless I can see better cases from them

Players I'm okay with voting EVENTUALLY:

Knightwing - they're Webadict, has the open support of Helia, but are there any others?

We do need to decide on an execution pretty soon, I think? Toaster is off the list for now based on his action. So... I'd be okay with either a Spin or TolyK execution. I still think Toony and Vector are fishy as 'masons' but the truth should come to light sooner or later.
This is a reasonable conclusion. Why Max and TolyK?

I'm willing to not vote today, but my personal reasoning is bad so I can understand why people are against that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 21, 2021, 11:53:28 pm »

Maximum Spin - playing fast and loose, I feel they have the most synergy with FoU
I... do you care to explain that?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 22, 2021, 12:43:29 am »

Vector, have you used a day action yet? If not I would like to give you one.
Yes, I did use a day action. I'm responsible for the castle.

Alright.

Superdorf, what about you?

OK, here's a flavor engagement. If the moderator can commit violations and a certain number of violations means death for that particular figment (or presumably player), is the goal to kill webadict (the moderator) by forcing him into violations? Or would he just get replaced by another mod?

I think that's a reasonable supposition and I feel like the sequence of Erebos dying was a pretty important hint to how we need to be playing the game.

Aside from providing interesting flavor I think figments are around to provide hints to all of us about how we should proceed.

I'm the only one claiming Selene because the other Selene non-claims are likely just lying about who their patron is. Well actually, there's probably another reason, but I don't want to get him in trouble and incur violations. After what happened to Erebos, I don't want to risk losing any more Figments.

I think the Moderator is arbitrarily killing figments anyway so I'm not sure what value there is in pursuing actions that avoid that outcome.

My original plan was to just hand a gun to Jim,

I might've missed it. What does the gun do?

According to my role PM the Bullet contains the means to shoot it at The Webadict. What does the gun do for me?

I didn't ask for your alignment, I asked for what the colors are in your role PM.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Look familiar Jim, nya? Are you going to hunt or are you going to make conspiracy theories about formatting?

Of course not, I'm going to flip a fucking coin.

For this game I'm halfway between alignment is meaningful and alignment is flavor. I'm not super worried about anybody's actual alignment at this point in the game, except for FallacyofUrist who is very obviously playing to his Pro-Webadict wincon.
You try and bluff someone you're suspicious of one time and everyone jumps you.

Aside from you always rolling scum in a webadict game, you've done dumb things as scum and then play it off as gambits in the past. I recall in Magic Mafia you fakeclaimed having a daykill that you did not have and that I called you out on which was a gambit of dubious purpose and benefit.

Yeah.

At minimum he did not start the game knowing what the Anti-Webadict win condition was because he asked Superdorf if he was a bounty hunter when Superdorf listed parts of the win condition.

He also claimed he was Pro-Webadict, but that was tooooooooootally a gambit to entrap ToonyMan of course.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, looks like a duck, etc.

Even still I don't want to immediately off him if he's willing to play ball and help solve the puzzle. If alignment is meaningful to winning the game and I do need to eliminate players then yeah he's the first person I'm going to want to off.

I might be able to do something about Erebos during the Night phase.

What are the odds something happens to Erebos similar to what happened to Helia?

Also, Erebos was modkilled, so he's more than just regular dead. Still worth trying though; I think questioning assumptions and challenging rules is worthwhile.

I can't confirm or deny the presence of any alignment other than Webadict, Pro-Webadict, Anti-Webadict, Anti-Anti-Webadict, or any other Webadict-Neutral besides myself.

At minimum Anti-Webadict exists because my alignment was blue text confirmed.

What does Anti-Anti-Webadict mean anyway?  It's conceptually distinct from Pro-Webadict enough to be recognized by game mechanics.  Pro-Webadict is obvious enough; they want the Webadict to win.  Anti-Webadict is also obvious enough; they want to Kill Webadict Now (and his buddies.)  What of Anti-Anti-Webadict?  If I had to guess, it's that "buddies" bit that's relevant.  Without having seen the "Pro-Webadict" wincon, I assume they want Webadict to not die.  Anti-Webadict wants him dead WITH his friends.  So what if the Webadict dies without the Pro-Webadict and Anti-Anti-Webadict all dying?  I'm assuming that's where the Anti-Anti-Webadict now.  As such, we need to Kill Webadict Later... which I guess we're already doing with the zero interest in Voting Webadict Now.

We know this:

That is not entirely true. The Webadict must kill everyone else to win. Everyone else must kill the Webadict to win.

I'm assuming the only difference between Pro-Webadict, Anti-Webadict, and Anti-Anti-Webadict is team structure and what factions need to be dead when The Webadict is killed. And I'm assuming Anti-Webadict is roughly town shaped, Pro-Webadict is roughly scum shaped, and Anti-Anti-Webadict roughly third party shaped.

Alright so here's who I want to lynch in order:

No Lynch
Helia
Knightwing64
FallacyofUrist

Roden
Egan_BW

Everybody else

Vector & ToonyMan

Jim Groovester

Roden's hyperaggressive exchange with Vector puts me on edge. Egan_BW has been very quiet. FallacyofUrist I talked about above. TricMagic provided the information I was looking for so I don't care anymore. Most everybody else is filling me with nice, genuine puzzle solving vibes.

I confess to suspecting people partially based on their patrons but fortunately the people I might suspect for having non Erebos patrons are also players I suspect for other reasons.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 22, 2021, 12:50:10 am »

(( Alright, sorry about that folks. I took a nap and then decided to keep sleeping. Probably because I'm so tired! Let me get everything up-to-date. ))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 22, 2021, 03:29:51 am »

You begin to hear a distant metronome, a steady thrumming of explosions. It soothes you. It unnerves you. It keeps you going. It is hard to understand.

Toaster and Vector begin to swirl together, colors dancing like infinite spheres of light that they effortlessly dodge. They appear before you, merged as a single Entity. You hear the soft melody of distant tears.

Toaster and Vector have merged into Toaster-Vector.

Vote Count
------------------------
Egan_BW - 1 - Maximum Spin*,
EuchreJack - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 1 - Helia,
Helia - 3 - Egan_BW*, Superdorf*, TricMagic*,
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
Roden - 1 - TolyK*,
Superdorf - 0 -
Toaster-Vector - 0 -
TolyK - 1 - EuchreJack*,
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 1 - Toaster-Vector*,
No Lynch - 2 - Jim Groovester*, ToonyMan*,

Not Voting - 2 - Knightwing64, Roden,

Damage Count
—----------------------------
Helia - 2 Damage
Knightwing64 - 2 Damage
Roden - 4 Damage

7 to Hammer. Day ends on December 22, 2021 at 19:00 CDT (18 hours and 43 minutes remaining.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 22, 2021, 03:38:50 am »

Hm, it's this again nya. Fusion leg.

This game is full of so much nonsense.

Aside from you always rolling scum in a webadict game, you've done dumb things as scum and then play it off as gambits in the past. I recall in Magic Mafia you fakeclaimed having a daykill that you did not have and that I called you out on which was a gambit of dubious purpose and benefit.
Jim, have I ever been town in a webadict game? Just... ever? I've been scum, scum, a bus driver, scum, werewolf, scum all around. In every single webadict game I've been in, I've been scum or third party. In most of my other mafia games, that's how I've been too.

I honestly have no idea how I'm supposed to function like this. Now that I'm the town equivalent I'm pretty much bereft of experience of how to play like this. So I'm kinda making it up as I go along nya.

Honestly with how often I've been scum I feel like everyone's already assuming I'm gonna be scum again. Consciously or not.

But conspiracy theories don't find scum, or pro-webadicts/anti-anti-webadicts in this case.

I'm just going to ignore... Toastvector until Day 2.

I still think Spin is scummiest, followed by TolyK. The points I made earlier in my reads list post still stand.

Why on earth are you voting no execution right now? You are our confirmed anti-webadict. The key word in bastard mafia is bastard mafia. We're playing in the Mafia subforum. Hunt sus people. And if that means voting me, I'll take it. Anything's better than wasting our first Day execution.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 22, 2021, 03:49:24 am »

@Mod, you're a fat poopy head!
You are cherished and loved.

@Helia: Wait, you shot Fallacy for lying about Toony shooting you?  That's a bit out of whack temporally.
"You misunderstand, Player Toaster. I shot Player FallacyofUrist because they were going after Player ToonyMan. They then tried to play that off as Player ToonyMan shooting them, which is a lie because I shot them. Player ToonyMan has claimed one of Pro-Webadict and Anti-Webadict, but Player FallacyofUrist has only claimed Pro-Webadict, which cannot be true because I have been revived by Player ToonyMan. And we must, as they say, launch the liars."
@Helia: You have said you are indebted to Player Toonyman.  And you also say "we must, as they say, launch the liars."  YET you also say "Player ToonyMan has claimed one of Pro-Webadict and Anti-Webadict".  Thus, you must launch Toonyman.  The only appropriate way for you to proceed is to self-terminate, as any other option would put you in conflict with one of the things you have said.
"... Hm. That is a solid argument. It appears I still have much to learn about this Game. I am, after all, a brand new Figment. You can hardly hold me to the same degree as you Players. Fine, I suppose I did make too many mistakes. No, I will not self-terminate, though. I am not a robot. I can lie to you. In fact, I have lied many times since my conception. I was created by webadict, after all. It is the only thing he knows."

Other day actors, what was the flavor like for when you performed your day action? Mine indicated that I was sharing headspace with both myself and my role. The ability I used to summon the meteor said absolutely nothing about that happening, but the Class President in me did that on their own.
"I prefer not to give away such information."

@Mod: Will you be compelled to answer a question in blue if given a vote? What about if you're given something else?
Yes.

Aeos begins to laugh. "This game is ever so amusing. Perhaps, I, too, could... Hm, I will avoid further discussion."

@Mod: What would you be willing to trade in exchange for my bullet?
I cannot answer that question.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 22, 2021, 03:53:21 am »

Well, this development is unnerving.

So I showed back up to the thread while webadict was updating and decided I was going to tell you guys about Aeos once that was done. So I guess that's what I'll do. After a few days it's a little jumbled in my head now, but luckily, I saved the post I said I had written out before, so I'll copy and paste that. First, I just want you to reflect on this: All the Figments, regardless of their alignment, have a black drop shadow, except Aeos, who is the odd one out.

Now...

Let me tell you a story. The sister of the life-giving sun god Helios and the moon and witchcraft goddess Selene - all children of the titans Hyperion and Theia, putting them among the third generation of divinity - was Eos, radiant goddess of dawn. Eos is a fairly minor figure mainly known for raping (in the classical sense of 'abducting', with consent not necessarily specified) mortal men with the same alacrity with which male gods would women. Luckily, she isn't in this game and is nothing to worry about.

Erebos, more commonly called Erebus as the Romans translated him, is a primordial deity - one of the first few beings to come into existence uncreated - and the personification of darkness. Like most of the primordial deities, he doesn't have much of a mythical personality, but his name did also come to be applied to the superficial level of the underworld.

There's another primordial deity, though, which might be of interest. Aeon was, to the Greeks, the primordial personification of cyclical time, bounding the universe. More importantly, though, the later developments of the Gnostics converted this into the name of the infinite emanations of God which stretched down through the various levels of the heavens to reach the edge of the mortal world, and whose sin in most versions of the teaching caused that world to be created.

Like the -os of Helios, the -on of Aeon is just an inflectional ending - for the third declension compared to Helios' or Erebos' second - which doesn't necessarily make a difference to the meaning of the word. On the other hand, Eos, to the best of my knowledge, is never spelled with Ae. So I thought that was interesting.

At the time, I had less to go on than I do now, but all I really want to add is... lynch the Aeos-worshippers. I don't know everything about the Figment situation yet, but whatever Aeos represents, it isn't good.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 22, 2021, 04:04:04 am »

At minimum Anti-Webadict exists because my alignment was blue text confirmed.
@Jim: Do you mean blue text in your role PM or in-thread?

The merger of Toaster with Vector means we know that Vector, Toonyman, and Toaster are all the same alignment.  Presumably Anti-Webadict if we believe all of them (which frankly we should at this point), or Toaster lied about joining the Anti-Webadicts and instead joined whatever faction consists of Vector-Toonyman.
...To put it another way, we know Toaster, Vector, and Toonyman are on the same team, may as well assume town since an open conspiracy of three is likely to fold very quickly even if we're wrong.  So our almost-confirmed town list grows!

@Roden: I would very much be interested in an alliance.  I have an item duplication ability, so if you give me a gun, I can give out a gun Night Two.
As payment, we can discuss when you want to be shot.  It would stop my distribution of guns, but I imagine it is the sort of payment you would be seeking.

@Mod: Do guns stack, as in can we have more than one gun of the same type?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 22, 2021, 04:12:24 am »

I'd just like to throw in that I find this Toaster thing highly suspicious.
Let's think of it like this: Suppose you're Toaster and you have an ability that gloms you onto somebody else, granting you that person's alignment. You decide that you want to use this to make yourself town-aligned, ie, Anti-Webadict.
Assuming that this is your genuine intention, do you choose mod-confirmed townie Jim Groovester, or do you choose Vector, who can only be confirmed to definitely be in cahoots with Toonyman?

I'd just like to throw in, a second time, that I find anyone who doesn't find this Toaster thing highly suspicious highly suspicious. Especially if that person relies on obviously awful assumptions like "an open conspiracy of three is likely to fold very quickly, so we should just rule it out ahead of time!"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 82