Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61219 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #615 on: December 22, 2021, 04:16:53 am »

@Jim & Friends: FallacyofUrist has suggested giving up a vote for truthful information in blue.  Would you offer some degree of not-voting Fallacy if he agreed to give up his vote for that info? I imagine he might be reluctant to give up his own vote if he thinks he may or may not be voted today.

Alternatively, if you ARE going to be lynched and your vote can no longer stop it, giving up your vote for truthful info is The Right Thing To Do.TM

I'd just like to throw in that I find this Toaster thing highly suspicious.
Let's think of it like this: Suppose you're Toaster and you have an ability that gloms you onto somebody else, granting you that person's alignment. You decide that you want to use this to make yourself town-aligned, ie, Anti-Webadict.
Assuming that this is your genuine intention, do you choose mod-confirmed townie Jim Groovester, or do you choose Vector, who can only be confirmed to definitely be in cahoots with Toonyman?

I'd just like to throw in, a second time, that I find anyone who doesn't find this Toaster thing highly suspicious highly suspicious. Especially if that person relies on obviously awful assumptions like "an open conspiracy of three is likely to fold very quickly, so we should just rule it out ahead of time!"
...I don't think Toaster got to chose to whom he got bonded, my assumption is that the Mod chose that.

You also misunderstand me.  I'm not saying to stop suspecting Toaster, Vector, and Toonyman.  I'm saying we don't have to vote them today, since it should be relatively easy to see their alignment on Day 2.  I'm also reluctant to Town-confirm since reading scum chat from Totem Mafia 3, so keep prodding me against doing that!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 22, 2021, 04:17:34 am »

(To preëmpt the inevitable counterclaim, let me say, obviously, it's possible that the selection of who to glom to had to be random. But that just leaves us back at square 1: the only thing backing up the Toony-Vector town claim is an admitted initially-unaligned third-party. It would be stupid to assume that, if "picking a team" is even really what happened at all, Toaster didn't just pick a different one.)

Okay, I took too long and didn't actually get to preëmpt it. WELL, I'M NOT GOING BACK AND CHANGING IT NOW.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 22, 2021, 04:19:34 am »

@Jim & Friends: FallacyofUrist has suggested giving up a vote for truthful information in blue.  Would you offer some degree of not-voting Fallacy if he agreed to give up his vote for that info? I imagine he might be reluctant to give up his own vote if he thinks he may or may not be voted today.
I'm not sure if I'm one of the Friends meant here, but since Fallacy was on my lynch radar, I'll stipulate to this as an option at my discretion.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 22, 2021, 04:21:33 am »

@Max: I guess I could join the Egan_BW wagon.  They aren't contributing much, we should see what happens when we lynch an Aeos worshiper, and I don't think I liked the few posts we did get.

@Egan_BW: What are your thoughts on the game?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 22, 2021, 04:35:17 am »

I'm not sure if I'm one of the Friends meant here, but since Fallacy was on my lynch radar, I'll stipulate to this as an option at my discretion.
Friends of Jim is self-defined in this example as anyone that agrees with Jim, and is willing to defer to Jim's Confirmed Town judgment.
It is not meant to exclude anyone, thanks Max for clarifying.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 22, 2021, 05:44:36 am »

Unvote

Jim, do you know whether anything happened?

I'm suddenly super confused at what happened.

Everyone, I strongly suggest not trying any funny business within the last parts of the day.

TolyK, wtf happened?

I sure don't know...

I guess some just can't handle the pressure. But I never expected it to be around me.

@Aeos maybe you could suggest where to find something to replace?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 22, 2021, 05:45:41 am »

(( for clarity, I'm not asking for replacement in the game, this is all in-Game ))
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 22, 2021, 07:44:11 am »

I mean it makes sense for Toaster to join the two town players that can confirm each other and not the single town player. I'll have to check Discord when I get home to see if they're in the mason chat too.

@Roden:
Youch that's a lot of damage. When did that happen? Was that from violating rules?

I could heal the damage, but...you aren't as explicity aligned with me as I'd like.

@Aeon:
Why is your drop shadow white?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 22, 2021, 07:48:50 am »

...I don't think Toaster got to chose to whom he got bonded, my assumption is that the Mod chose that.
Extremely unlikely. Toaster picked a Player he thought was Anti-Webadict. He wouldn't let himself fuse with a random person. He picked Vector over me though!! Hey at least they have to share a vote now it looks like...and probably share the same amount of HP. Kind of a downside really if somebody were to kill them! That would be terrible!!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 22, 2021, 08:09:55 am »

Extremely unlikely. Toaster picked a Player he thought was Anti-Webadict. He wouldn't let himself fuse with a random person. He picked Vector over me though!! Hey at least they have to share a vote now it looks like...and probably share the same amount of HP. Kind of a downside really if somebody were to kill them! That would be terrible!!
You seem to know a lot more than you are telling us, which is causing me to see scum in your triumvirate.

I'd like to hear Toaster's side of the story.  And Vector, if they have anything to contribute.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 22, 2021, 08:55:07 am »

I assure you I have no idea what's going on. My lack of confidence is one reason for my unwillingness to vote anyone. I don't think my cases are strong enough to push when this is a bastard game and anything goes. I still gave my feelings on every player, which I believe to be accurate.

I might take this game more seriously if scum kill someone. That would prove their existence, which is something I find more debatable in a game like this. Why should we, as town, kill someone first?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 22, 2021, 09:13:25 am »

I fully expected my ability to force the Mod to confirm in Blue. Have they committed a violation?

Well, whatever. The Truth is, This is all a Dream. We aren't really real. Characters and Players, nothing is, only shadows. There is nothing but the Dream. So, Awaken from this Dream.

TricMagic has voted to Awaken, and Spoken the Truth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 22, 2021, 09:30:50 am »

Unvote for now because that was a pressure vote on Tric.  Still for voting FoU but I'll let Vector use the vote today.

Fallacy:
Hm, it's this again nya. Fusion leg.

Yep, that's the one.  BYOR 0, for the vast majority of you who weren't in that game.  (I also wasn't in that game, for reference.  I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter.)

I picked Vector because I trusted the Mason claim and I wanted to build up a bigger block.  I considered Jim but decided this was the stronger play with more heads to the hydra.  Yes, I can see the Mason chat.  Yes, they're both being up front.  Yes, we're all Anti-Webadict.  Yes, Vector and I have the same role now, which I've seen.  No, I haven't seen Toony's role.

No, I don't know what Tric is doing.

My phone hates Bay12 so it's unlikely I'll be able to post again before the day ends.  I'm going to try to follow along though and hopefully send thoughts via the masonchat.  I'll let the Vector half of me handle things.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 22, 2021, 10:33:24 am »

I fully expected my ability to force the Mod to confirm in Blue. Have they committed a violation?

Well, whatever. The Truth is, This is all a Dream. We aren't really real. Characters and Players, nothing is, only shadows. There is nothing but the Dream. So, Awaken from this Dream.

TricMagic has voted to Awaken, and Spoken the Truth.

Fuck.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 22, 2021, 10:38:26 am »

Superdorf, what about you?

My day actions are kinda useless at the moment; I'm keeping them in reserve.

*Toaster/Vector hive mind*

...well this is kinda concerning. Whose alignment exactly got altered, and to what?
Toony: Did you see anything of note in the mason chat when this happened?

Damage Count
—----------------------------
Helia - 2 Damage
Knightwing64 - 2 Damage
Roden - 4 Damage

I'll let Roden decide whether to explain or not, but I have an idea of what happened here. Pretty sure it's not arbitrary.

...lynch the Aeos-worshippers. I don't know everything about the Figment situation yet, but whatever Aeos represents, it isn't good.
At minimum {Fal} did not start the game knowing what the Anti-Webadict win condition was because he asked Superdorf if he was a bounty hunter when Superdorf listed parts of the win condition.

...okay, these are both solid points. It didn't occur to me to wonder about the bounty hunter thing at the time, 'cos I assumed I was in the minority as an Erebos role.

Fal: Wanna elaborate on your wincons a bit?
Egan: Same question for you, as another Aeos claimant. I imagine there's consistency.

I'd be willing to consider a Fal launch over Helia, if only because we have a better chance of furthering the Erebos wincons by doing so. What I'm not particularly interested in yet, is a deathless Day…dead players are sources of information too, and I want town to have the initial control over who dies. Toony and Jim, you're gonna have to sell me on the No Lynch.

PPE:

@#$*.

...ok, I was fully prepared to ignore Tric for the time being but your reaction to him is very interesting. You've been genuine in your immediacy thus far, I think you're really scared.

Tric: What can you tell us about the Dream? Should I be voting with you?
@Mod, @Helia: What can you tell us about the Dream?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 82