Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61098 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #510 on: December 21, 2021, 03:29:03 am »

I have thoughts about the topic as well and I am also losing patience. I don't want to hold up the game waiting for TricMagic and I am perfectly okay getting rid of people if they don't cooperate either because they refuse to or because they're not paying enough attention to the game to do so.

When I wake up tomorrow is about the limit of my patience. After that I will no longer request people hold off on posting their thoughts about the patrons.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 21, 2021, 03:29:30 am »

...er, Roden.

Vector's putting up a statement for Knightwing to try and confirm. If you're Anti-Webadict as you say, you've got nothing much to lose here—so why are you so out-of-sorts at the possibility?
You don't see the problem with Vector trying to change today's confirmed info from "can we all win?" to "does this specific alignment belong to this specific player?" As if The Privilege could genuinely be used as a makeshift Day Cop? All that'll do is waste today's Privilege info.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 21, 2021, 03:45:55 am »

All Selene-patroned Players: Who needs to die for you to win? Who doesn't need to die for you to win?
All Anti-Anti-Webadict aligned players must die.
All Pro-Webadict aligned players must die.
The Webadict must die.
I must die.

Anti-Webadict players are inconsequential. I don't lose if any, or even all of them die. Technically, I'll win if the meteor wipes us all out.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 21, 2021, 06:35:38 am »

... Do you have Bullets? May I see one? I will return it to you.

The Moderator has committed a Violation.

What does a Moderator want to look at a bullet for?

Folks, I'm pretty sure the above "Moderator has committed a violation" thing is a joke, not part of the puzzle.
Is this what you wanted? Then you will have it.

Erebos begins to mutter, visibly angry. "I don’t know who to be more angry at. I'm to be made an example for you, Vector. It takes a lot to bottle away everything. I might not be the same as you, but isolation is death and death is isolation. I've been kind to all of you out of charity. I'm staking my existence, but I suppose that it must feel the same for--"

Erebos has committed a Violation.

Erebos is dead.

Vector has Sinned.

"Hah! You messed up. But, I'm out of chances anyway! Here's my Last Words! Fuck You, You Bastard. Oh look, it's true. Tough luck, dipshits. I'll see all of you in h--"

Erebos has committed their last Violation.

Erebos has been Modkilled.

The Moderator has committed a Violation.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 21, 2021, 07:37:07 am »

Day ends on December 22, 2021 at 19:00 CST (~43 hours remaining).
... oops. I timezoned wrong. :(

Castle, this is Spectre. Do you read me?  :P
Does the castle do anything?
No idea, I was referencing a voice line in Mechwarrior 4 Mercs. :P

Roden:

...er, Roden.

Vector's putting up a statement for Knightwing to try and confirm. If you're Anti-Webadict as you say, you've got nothing much to lose here—so why are you so out-of-sorts at the possibility?
You don't see the problem with Vector trying to change today's confirmed info from "can we all win?" to "does this specific alignment belong to this specific player?" As if The Privilege could genuinely be used as a makeshift Day Cop? All that'll do is waste today's Privilege info.
Though I obviously would prefer to check the all-win condition, I don't think it's too bad to check a particular player, but it was strange to check you IMO. However...

Here's one I like better:

Roden is not Anti-Webadict
Tread carefully, Vector. It's not within my wincon to kill you, if you truly are Anti-Webadict.

Uh-huh, I thought so. What's your alignment, then?
Anti-Webadict. Last warning.

This reaction was way overblown. Instead of going "Why check a player when we can check anyone?", you went "Don't do it, or I'll kill you.".
I'm not sure that's an adequate reaction, Roden.

I'd prefer Knightwing do the truth test rather than eliminate a Player, but I feel Knightwing doesn't want to (or can't) actually perform the test.

Interesting that reads on me are "copy of Toaster", not sure whether that's a compliment or me not paying attention to what he's been saying...  :P

Everyone, reasons I think "all-win" is possible:
- Wincons seem to require "<faction> is dead", not anyone's survival. Caveat: Pro-Webadict wincon might require Webadict to survive, we don't know.
- We might have a different number of "lives" one way or another (e.g. Bullets or <undisclosed>).
- Even people dying beforehand might not jeopardize the "all-win" scenario.
- Under certain conditions (as long as everyone has approximately 0 or 1 "lives" left), I might be able to actually kill off everyone, including myself. Technically this would be everyone voluntarily going to their deaths, so...  :D

However, I think that at least some of the Pro-Webadicts (and possibly Anti-Anti-Webadicts, though we don't really know them) are not playing nice and don't currently plan to even test the theory, so...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 21, 2021, 07:39:05 am »

Well, apparently flavor is meaningful, but we don't know why yet. Also that's 2 Figments that have died so far, and I'm not sure Erebos will make it back.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 21, 2021, 08:13:58 am »

...er, Roden.

Though I obviously would prefer to check the all-win condition, I don't think it's too bad to check a particular player, but it was strange to check you IMO. However...

Here's one I like better:

Roden is not Anti-Webadict
Tread carefully, Vector. It's not within my wincon to kill you, if you truly are Anti-Webadict.

Uh-huh, I thought so. What's your alignment, then?
Anti-Webadict. Last warning.

This reaction was way overblown. Instead of going "Why check a player when we can check anyone?", you went "Don't do it, or I'll kill you.".
I'm not sure that's an adequate reaction, Roden.

I'd prefer Knightwing do the truth test rather than eliminate a Player, but I feel Knightwing doesn't want to (or can't) actually perform the test.
Overblown reaction? Not really. Vector's posting today has already been suspicious as hell, and then they randomly try to redirect the narrative to prevent us from gaining information to instead try to Cop check me. And then they try to push me further after I claim Day Vig and warn them to back off. By all accounts, they essentially dared me to shoot them, and I should've already shot them by now.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 21, 2021, 09:03:11 am »

Did you just kill Erebos?

Fuck it.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 21, 2021, 10:25:00 am »

Nevermind. False alarm. No need to rage.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 21, 2021, 10:31:17 am »

Helia has committed a Violation.
Knightwing64 has committed a Violation.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Soap And Ballot [Setup Phase]
« Reply #520 on: December 21, 2021, 10:43:43 am »

Why the hell does Vector keep trying to stop people from engaging with the flavour (now by insisting that the moderator committing a violation can't mean anything) after having run games where the flavour was the path to success? I think this is suspicious as hell. I still want to lynch a purple-claimer but this would be my third choice if nobody's up for that.

Because in the game I ran, players would go so far off the rails engaging with flavor that they would become very passive about scumhunting, and it became in fact a very fucking good strategy for scum players in a series of similar games to do flavor actions and roleplaying exclusively.

I think it's great to engage with the flavor and the puzzles. Remember that I'm the person who called for the patron-claim? I'm just trying to offer my knowledge of some of the decade-old games Webadict previously ran for the benefit of newer players who don't want to read ALL of Webadict's oldest stuff. (I don't know the middle stuff).

That is literally exactly how a role like this ended up being used in an old Webadict game. That game is in the Notable Games Archive. The previous role was called The Child, the one you want is the one where Solifuge had the role.

Obviously Knightwing isn't doing anything that I've asked, from flavorclaiming to using The Privilege as I suggest. That post had four purposes:

1. Demonstrate that we might be able to use the Privilege differently
2. Bring Roden out without actually voting him
3. Get information about Knightwing
4. Get information about the game (does The Privilege work like the Child role as I suspect).

Did you just kill Erebos?

Fuck it.

Apparently yes, by saying "I think that particular violation is a joke."

OK, here's a flavor engagement. If the moderator can commit violations and a certain number of violations means death for that particular figment (or presumably player), is the goal to kill webadict (the moderator) by forcing him into violations? Or would he just get replaced by another mod?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 21, 2021, 10:48:14 am »

PS: I agree that I've crossed the line into annoying. I didn't mean to!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 21, 2021, 10:49:06 am »

Still have no idea what's going on and who stole my hat. Or when the day ends.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 21, 2021, 10:55:09 am »

Well, apparently flavor is meaningful, but we don't know why yet. Also that's 2 Figments that have died so far, and I'm not sure Erebos will make it back.

I might be able to resurrect them at some point.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 21, 2021, 10:55:16 am »

I blame the moderator. He is a cryptic sonvabitch
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 82