Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61140 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #495 on: December 21, 2021, 02:07:02 am »

Tread carefully, Vector. It's not within my wincon to kill you, if you truly are Anti-Webadict.

Uh-huh, I thought so. What's your alignment, then?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 21, 2021, 02:12:25 am »

Tread carefully, Vector. It's not within my wincon to kill you, if you truly are Anti-Webadict.

Uh-huh, I thought so. What's your alignment, then?
Anti-Webadict. Last warning.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 21, 2021, 02:21:01 am »

...er, Roden.

Vector's putting up a statement for Knightwing to try and confirm. If you're Anti-Webadict as you say, you've got nothing much to lose here—so why are you so out-of-sorts at the possibility?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 21, 2021, 02:31:17 am »

I have one bullet.

Shoottttttttttttttt meeeeeeeeee

You know you wanna....  :D

Ok, so this indicates Knightwing has at least one bullet, probably more.  Those who have bullets know what that means, I think.

@Erebos, what are you doing that keeps getting you violations?
"It's not your problem, Player Jim Groovester. Pay it no mind."

@Mod:
What's the difference between game and Game?
That is not a Game-related question.

...that said, I don't know if killing Helia would actually advance my wincon or not.
@Mod: Is Helia a Player?
Helia is not a Player.

@Mod: Are bullets required to shoot a player or are they only used for killing the Webadict? Are guns required to shoot the Webadict with a bullet or are these basically just magic bullets?
... Do you have Bullets? May I see one? I will return it to you.

The Moderator has committed a Violation.

I'm pretty sure "The Moderator has committed a Violation" refers to my correcting The Moderator on the number of votes needed to Hammer, and/or changing it on the Votecount without actually admitting to the error.  That would seem appropriate for a Violation.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 21, 2021, 02:34:56 am »

My POE currently are Toaster, TolyK, and Max to fill it out to three.
I'm less suspicious of Max, as we're still basically in D1 (we did not have our roles in the setup stage).
Voting Toaster for now, as the only one I actually scrutinized to any degree.  I liked one post, but scum usually get one good post out.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 21, 2021, 02:36:20 am »

When FoU was railing me, Max needed no convincing:
Yeah, ToonyMan.

They've pushed the agenda, along with FoU, that I'm Pro-Webadict:
Did you seriously forget the whole business from the beginning about what being Alive meant, ToonyMan.

Well, actually, I guess this makes sense as a Pro-Webadict move.
You heavily implied you were Pro-Webadict and then caused Helia, what did you think I would think?!

However, you do seem to have agreed that this was a terrible idea and you should have known better.

And then later they decided we should lynch between me, Toaster, and Egan. I found that interesting and still don't see the reasoning behind that.
First of all, I am only one person. Second, I picked one person from each claim group in Jim Groovester's list. I had my reasons for picking who I did, but also, I was very tired then so if you want to assert that they aren't the right choices I'm more or less willing to accept that right now.
Why do I want to lynch Egan specifically? Because he claimed Aeos, I have reason to believe that's bad, and he's less of a bag of mixed nuts than Fallacy, so I think he's less likely to have just been screwing with us; so I want to see what his stuff is. Fallacy is pretty much my only other lynch option here.

I'm just going to post this and then post again when I've read more. My apologies to anyone who doesn't like that kind of posting, honestly I don't either, but I just woke up, so I'm really only rated to do one thing at a time right now.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 21, 2021, 02:37:14 am »

Ok, so this indicates Knightwing has at least one bullet, probably more.  Those who have bullets know what that means, I think.

My role suggests that the Webadict is at least capable of possessing bullets. Most likely, they start with some number of them.

Aight. Thus far, I've kinda been coasting on mechanical speculation and the occasional (also mechanics-based) player poke. It's time I started actually looking at play patterns.
To that end, here's what I've got so far for Day 1. I'm not sure whether to call it a readlist or what… just wanna have it out there for my own reference. I'll probably make it more coherent as the game progresses.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All Selene-patroned Players: Who needs to die for you to win? Who doesn't need to die for you to win?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 21, 2021, 02:39:21 am »

As designated Tric defender, the nonsensical ramblings and cries for his hat sound like town!Tric.
@Tric: Answer Jim's question by claiming the colors in your role PM. or you'll get voted off.

@Jim: You gotta repeat the question you want Tric to answer if you want to get any info out of him.  I had to look back 2 pages and search for it.  You know that Tric probably won't go to that effort.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 21, 2021, 02:40:09 am »

...hypothesis: if Figments or the Moderator tell a lie, they incur a Violation.
I do not believe this to be the case because... I have reason to believe, let me put it that way, that Helia lied to Egan_BW in the pregame, when refusing to take his 12-question deal, yet did not incur a Violation for that. Unless she did and I forgot... ugh, I'll check when I'm done with the thread if nobody corrects me.

Also you guys, this looks like town Tric in every conceivable way, you know. It's not hard to tell.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 21, 2021, 02:44:02 am »

I can do you one better.

@Tric: If you do not answer Jim's question within the next 24 hours, you will be Day killed.
Anti-Webadict. Last warning.

Cool it a little, please.

Players have information and I don't want that removed early from the game regardless of what their alignments are at this point.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Soap And Ballot [Setup Phase]
« Reply #505 on: December 21, 2021, 02:53:04 am »

Isn't Coherent TricMagic Scum TricMagic anyway?  Last time I played Incoherent TricMagic meant town.  Did I miss the change when I wasn't playing?
You... call this coherent? I mean, yeah, Tric has gotten better, but I also still think that's a fair description of the truth and it's why I think Tric is town... Maybe we have different ideas about coherency.

Why the hell does Vector keep trying to stop people from engaging with the flavour (now by insisting that the moderator committing a violation can't mean anything) after having run games where the flavour was the path to success? I think this is suspicious as hell. I still want to lynch a purple-claimer but this would be my third choice if nobody's up for that.
ToonyMan, is your supposed ability to confirm Vector's alignment in bluetext, or possibly lies?

I also think that confirming Roden's alignment specifically is a really bad use of that power. We almost certainly have cops for that. So far everyone's a little off but Roden doesn't look uniquely suspicious to me, or even particularly so, surely? There are so many better options. I could even craft a statement for testing everyone's alignments... but I think that this would fail, because Knightwing said that it would fail if the moderator cannot confirm it, not if the statement is specifically false.

...there was something else I wanted to say. Uh. I'll think of it. Going back to check Helia's violation now. [time passes...] Yeah, she didn't get one, and I was specifically told she lied, so I don't think Superdorf's got the full story.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 21, 2021, 02:57:12 am »

I'm going to switch to TolyK based upon Superdorf's summary and the theory that Selene means Town, Erebos means Mason, and Erebos trying to recruit me means I was somehow incompatible with Mason, probably due to the Sin.

Hm, but what does that make FOU?  We also can't be sure the theory about patrons is correct.

Also, I think Roden is town day vigilante.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 21, 2021, 03:05:50 am »

Selene means Town, Erebos means Mason
I have reason to believe this is not completely true, but may be partly true.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 21, 2021, 03:07:54 am »

Selene means Town, Erebos means Mason
I have reason to believe this is not completely true, but may be partly true.
So where is the truth and the not truth?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 21, 2021, 03:14:14 am »

So where is the truth and the not truth?
Well, I don't think Selene means town per se, I think Selene responds to certain kinds of roles. I don't think Jim Groovester wants me to answer this.

... it's totally weird that we're both kind of doing what he says, huh.

But I promise I will give more information when TricMagic claims a colour, or I get really tired of waiting and decide it's okay to risk Jim's wrath.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 82