Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61065 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #480 on: December 20, 2021, 11:34:21 pm »

Interesting. Veeeery interesting.

I don't believe the Moderator would return my bullet, due to something I know. Especially since they didn't use blue text. But that's fine, I think this confirms the Figments and the Moderator can't take things by force, and attempts to manipulate the game state will cause them to be punished.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 20, 2021, 11:37:23 pm »

Everyone: Day ends in about 22 hours.

Knightwing, I think if you really have a truth tester, use it on my previous post about everyone winning. I think it would be beneficial to all.
I'll vote to remove Helia from the game when the times comes. She stands in the way of my wincon, and most likely everyone else's as well. She isn't a Player, and technically doesn't need to die, but Pro-Webadict sympathizers need to go.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 20, 2021, 11:59:39 pm »

So to sum everyone all up nya...

Knightwing is the Webadict. Frankly he takes the role of a game mechanic in a player's skin more than an actual player. He doesn't have to scumhunt or interact beyond what he wants to do. I imagine he has some abilities to fuck with us all or such, but that falls under game mechanics, not interaction. Is he even going to vote?

Jim Groovester is, at least for the moment, verified town. Helpful, that. Alignment conversion is possible, but there's no evidence that it exists as of yet. We can let his case go unless he starts acting unjustifiably suspicious. He's a little too fixated on colors, honestly, but I can't go at him for it.

I'm willing to let go of ToonyMan and Vector until at least Day 2. Mainly because they're going to get inspection attention as a result of their bold declaration - ToonyMan has declared death millerdom, not being a miller in general? So there's that. Still not super sure but Toony's redeemed himself a bit after his really fishy start of day behavior so... We'll see how the situation develops.

I am of course Anti-Webadict. Down with the Webadict! Unless there's an everyone-wins scenario, then we'll see.

So as I've expressed earlier that leaves eight players.

Let's get into it nya.

In order of the player list... TricMagic, Roden, Maximum Spin, EuchreJack, Toaster, Superdorf, TolyK, and Egan_BW.

Let's divide them into townie/anti-webadict, neutral/inactive, and sus/either Pro-Webadict or Anti-Anti-Webadict.

TricMagic: Very easy to read typically. Freely volunteering information, not acting sophisticated, 'who stole my hat'. Let's say townie.
Roden: Have they even posted? At all? I'm not sure. Neutral. Well they've posted, but it's not really indicative at all. Still neutral.
Maximum Spin: A bit more to look into here. He feels kinda undirected, really. Definitely some mechanics investigation, but leaning too hard into mechanics investigation instead of hunting for hostile parties is the mark of being a hostile party. It's more excusable in a bastard game but I don't like it. Hasn't really explained his targeting at all nya? Honestly, scummy. Might be a good vote option. I'll make my decision after I'm done with the rest of these evaluations though.
EuchreJack: Interesting claims. Says he was framed for killing Helia. Has sheep-shackled himself to Jim. I'm not sure he would be aware of his patterns enough to do that as scum. Not to say I like his play but it's townie EuchreJack.
Toaster: Oddly enough, feels a bit detached from the game. Sort of like Maximum Spin. Looks engaged and townie on the surface, but if you look deeper, what is he really even doing? Is this that thing called active lurking nya? Scummy, but his content feels slightly more productive than Spin, so a little less scummy.
Superdorf: Tric but competent and volunteering a lot more information. Confident townie.
TolyK: Same category as Toaster and Spin. More engaged but focused on mechanics over voting and hunting. Still, at least he doesn't look like he's trying to look active on purpose (like Toaster is). Neutral-scummy, but could easily be raised to townie if he tried hunting.
Egan_BW: I have no idea. True neutral. Will look into more later. For now I just want to get this post out. Brain tired a little.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 21, 2021, 12:00:58 am »

Oh yeah my vote.

Between Toaster and Maximum Spin I prefer Maximum Spin for the moment. They're both scummy but Spin feels less solid in his behavior.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 21, 2021, 12:05:03 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Egan_BW - 1 - Maximum Spin*,
EuchreJack - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 1 - Helia,
Helia - 3 - Egan_BW*, Superdorf*, TricMagic*,
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
Roden - 0 -
Superdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
TolyK - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 1 - Jim Groovester*,
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 7 - EuchreJack*, Knightwing64, Roden, Toaster, TolyK, ToonyMan, Vector,

8 to Hammer. Day ends on December 22, 2021 at 19:00 CST (~43 hours remaining).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 12:44:57 am by webadict »

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 21, 2021, 12:11:26 am »

...Anyone else noticing those asterisks?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 21, 2021, 12:12:18 am »

Oh. I'm dumb lmao. Those are links to the posts with votes.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Soap And Ballot [Setup Phase]
« Reply #487 on: December 21, 2021, 12:32:31 am »

Castle, this is Spectre. Do you read me?  :P

Does the castle do anything?

... Do you have Bullets? May I see one? I will return it to you.

The Moderator has committed a Violation.

What does a Moderator want to look at a bullet for?

I've got this feeling that rule breaking and pushing the limits on what we're allowed to do is somehow going to be essential for figuring out the game.

Oh yeah my vote.

Between Toaster and Maximum Spin I prefer Maximum Spin for the moment. They're both scummy but Spin feels less solid in his behavior.

How about you help me, confirmed player with your claimed win condition, vote TricMagic to get the information I'm looking for out of him?

I'd like to have both his information and him alive, at least for the time being, but I am perfectly content having neither.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 21, 2021, 12:47:33 am »

I will return it to you.

I don't believe the Moderator would return my bullet, due to something I know. Especially since they didn't use blue text.

...hypothesis: if Figments or the Moderator tell a lie, they incur a Violation.
Consider what we know from Helia:

"Were you not satisfied with my fervor? My candidness? I know that I was given little permission to affect the Game. Was it possible that I strode to close to a Violation? The Webadict needed to be Chosen, after all. It was my job to lead them."

Note that she lumps a lack of candidness closely with Violations. I'm inclined to believe she's referring to her earlier speech:

"You misunderstand, Player Knightwing64. You cannot Choose a webadict. webadict has already been Chosen. You must Choose the Webadict that will kill the rest of you." Her voice begins to flow faster. "They will burn your corpses and turn the rest of you into ashes. They will rule this plane for all of existence because the Webadict will win, and I will serve them from that Day onward, basking in their light as I do Theirs." She clears her throat and adjusts her outfit before continuing. "Though, you must Choose through deference who is to receive the honor of killing you."

...in which she says some things that aren't exactly lies, but haven't been determined to be true yet. Thus, "striding close to a Violation".

If I'm right in this, we have a potential litmus test for the honesty (or lack thereof) of non-player Entities. Do we have any examples of a Figment or the Moderator telling a known lie without incurring a Violation?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Soap And Ballot [Setup Phase]
« Reply #489 on: December 21, 2021, 12:59:47 am »

TolyK:
Everyone: Day ends in about 22 hours.

This is wrong, but the Votecount already stated that.

Jim:
How about you help me, confirmed player with your claimed win condition, vote TricMagic to get the information I'm looking for out of him?

I'd like to have both his information and him alive, at least for the time being, but I am perfectly content having neither.

I'm in.  Isn't Coherent TricMagic Scum TricMagic anyway?  Last time I played Incoherent TricMagic meant town.  Did I miss the change when I wasn't playing?

TricMagic, what say you?

...hypothesis: if Figments or the Moderator tell a lie, they incur a Violation.

I like this theory as well.

I suspect this game is solvable without messing with the flavor but it may help us come to an answer faster.  KnightWing, are you testing what TolyK said?  Here, I'll help you by giving you the opposite.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 21, 2021, 01:00:17 am »

It is not possible for all Players to Win the Game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 21, 2021, 01:54:28 am »

Here's one I like better:

Roden is not Anti-Webadict
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 21, 2021, 01:55:32 am »

I can do you one better.

@Tric: If you do not answer Jim's question within the next 24 hours, you will be Day killed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 21, 2021, 01:58:24 am »

I'll vote to remove Helia from the game when the times comes. She stands in the way of my wincon, and most likely everyone else's as well. She isn't a Player, and technically doesn't need to die, but Pro-Webadict sympathizers need to go.

This is a stance which is extremely convenient for scum to take, because Helia is not a Player and cannot fully participate in the Game.

... Do you have Bullets? May I see one? I will return it to you.

What does a Moderator want to look at a bullet for?

Folks, I'm pretty sure the above "Moderator has committed a violation" thing is a joke, not part of the puzzle.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 21, 2021, 02:03:46 am »

Here's one I like better:

Roden is not Anti-Webadict
Tread carefully, Vector. It's not within my wincon to kill you, if you truly are Anti-Webadict.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 82