Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Oh jeez, Quicktopic is shutting down  (Read 61821 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh jeez, Quicktopic is shutting down
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2021, 08:20:43 pm »

I'll keep on with page 8, this really isn't too bad. Posting the first eight here for redundancy, I have very clumsy fingers sometimes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Think I'm doing this right.

Looks good. The only way you're likely to screw up is if you don't find every chat in a given game, or you literally save the wrong thing into the wayback machine (can be easily prevented by double-checking).

All of your Gms have put their quicktopics in a single place so far, so your searching skills haven't been put to the test yet. Compare with Cybrid Mafia #4 - Game Ends. The GM only posts one chat initially, but there are actually 2 more that I have to search the thread to find. Sometimes, you'll notice something is missing, but aren't able to find it. At that point, you look into the thread and try to figure out if it's deliberately not there (eg. no scum chat when there's only 1 scum), or if it's something that people forgot to post. In that case you'll have to contact player's that were in that game to try to find it. You can just post your issue here though.

This was a bigger problem in older games. Incidents like that became less and less common as bay12 mafia matured.

Wait, I'm confused. Do I keep going with page 8, or have you got that covered?

Tolyk archives things in his own style. Supposedly his method is quicker, but I would recommend continuing with your page.

Also, vengeful mafia doesn't have deachats usually. Probably due to how small the playerbase is as well as how short they are. This is an example of the detective work I was talking about. It can really slow you down sometimes.

I've got to get back to work now.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2021, 08:30:07 pm »

Page 9 Results:

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2021, 08:42:36 pm »

Assuming there are no mistakes in any of these, then I'm the last one left. I'm currently on page 13, and still have to finish 12 and 11, but I think things should be good.

Maybe there' some room to try to recover missing Quicktopics, but my own schedule is still quite tight.

Congrats guys.

I assume nobody wants to do page 11 for me?  :P
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 08:45:31 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2021, 09:07:08 pm »

Ok, page 8 is done.

Spoiler: final redundancy (click to show/hide)

Going to check these. Afraid I can't shoulder any more, it's pretty late.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2021, 09:15:44 pm »

I assume nobody wants to do page 11 for me?  :P
I can do a few, but I'm still a bit busy. I sorta used up a lot of my spare time for Page 9, but if you give me a few, I'll do 'em.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2021, 09:45:22 pm »

I'm working from the bottom up on Page 11.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2021, 10:18:32 pm »

Page 11 is done.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2021, 10:21:41 pm »

Halfway done with 12. Why am I slower than you?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2021, 10:27:31 pm »

Halfway done with 12. Why am I slower than you?
I do repetitive items over and over again all the time. Also, I'm able to search "quicktopic" in the search bar for "this topic" and it always includes links to quicktopic.

Also, I'm working on the bottom of page 12.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2021, 10:47:43 pm »

I'll stop with Mein Kampf.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2021, 10:48:11 pm »

I just finished. You can stop now

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2021, 10:52:21 pm »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2021, 11:04:15 pm »

*Deep Breath*

Thanks for doing this btw. Part of the reason why I suggested someone take on page 11 was because I was terrified of time zone differences. When Tolyk said that it was past 2 AM in his region, it made me realize that quicktopic's midnight might be different from my own.

I was genuinely terrified the website would shut down at 10:00 or 11:00 PM for me.

Prince’s Guards
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117744.0
Deadchat
https://web.archive.org/web/20211211033858/https://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/yDMdxqDA6eDP?o=0&range=all&m1=1&mN=15&print=1&submit=Show+printable+page
Scumchat doesn’t appear to exist in this game in the thread? I’ll see if I can find it from ToonyMan or Leafsnail.
EDIT: Asked ToonyMan, he believes that no scumchat was in this game.

You don't need to believe. One of the players mentions it.

We still have some time left though awkwardly enough. Skimming NJW's page 8. I see nothing wrong with it.

The only other thing I can think of is PMing Meph and leafsnail and asking them for the deadchat of Cybrid Mafia 1. That was a game where basically nobody posted any chats, but it was considered a notable game anyway which was especially sad. The dead chat (if it existed) is at least a small consolation.

Toaster came through for the Imperial chat of Cybrid Mafia 2 in the end, and I'm glad I reached out, cause the info in there makes it a much juicier read.

Actually, just check Max Spin's post. For some reason, his page 10 is actually my page 12. Nobody archived the real page 10. This is an emergency! Can you still Help? I'll take top, you take bottom!

Edit: I did lonely prince Already. I'll start from bottom actually!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 11:05:50 pm by heydude6 »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2021, 11:15:23 pm »

Alright, alright, cool your jets.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2021, 11:51:06 pm »

I'm up to Limerick Mafia, idk about you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11