Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 56

Author Topic: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics  (Read 32499 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics
« Reply #300 on: October 14, 2021, 05:45:23 pm »

STOP VOTING FOR OPTIONS WE HAVE LOW SKILL IN
Considering what happened on the hunt, I'd say we likely have good enough Automation for 2 to be a plausible action we could take. If they were suggesting 3 or 5, then yeah, that would just be dumb. But our Automation is nearly as good as our Negation, only lower by one point, at 5.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2021, 05:52:28 pm »

Considering what happened on the hunt, I'd say we likely have good enough Automation for 2 to be a plausible action we could take. If they were suggesting 3 or 5, then yeah, that would just be dumb. But our Automation is nearly as good as our Negation, only lower by one point, at 5.

We are attempting to fix a ancient fan created by people infinitely our better in automation. Let’s stick to out strengths.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 14, 2021, 06:27:58 pm »

The fans.

You think of the frightening devastation caused by the negative-energy cloud's passage through the town. If you can put a stop to that by repairing some fans, that sounds like a great thing to do.

You recall playing on the town's ancient fans as a child. Five rusty rotary fans, each about thirty feet tall, sit at forty-five-degree angles on the eastern perimeter of the town. The metal frames dividing them made for excellent slides.

You honestly have no idea whether they were originally purely mechanical or powered by automation.

The sheltered area beneath the fans, where gears may once have been, appears to have been stripped bare long ago. Perhaps the fan blades were left behind because they were so rusty.

You pull a hammer and chisel and some vials of silver powder from your belt pouch, and begin inscribing runes on the fan blades to power their rotation.

You take your time crafting the runes, wondering whether you could have ever done this with a death cloud approaching. With no time limit, you can focus on your craft. (Gained Automation.)

Finally, the runes are ready to be powered with lightning. You raise a hand to the sky. "Flabellum ingens, reviviscat item!"

Lightning strikes five times in a row, once on each fan, crackling down the length of each blade.

The silver runes glow, and the fan blades slowly begin to spin, gradually gaining speed until your hair is blown straight back and you need to squint into all the dust.

Do you want to test the fans' power to disperse negative energy clouds?

1.No, that's all right, I trust they work.
2.Sure. I cast a negation spell to create a test cloud.
3.Make an extra smoky torch for 10 gold, and test the fans with that.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 14, 2021, 06:28:38 pm »

We are attempting to fix a ancient fan created by people infinitely our better in automation. Let’s stick to out strengths.
We attempted to and succeeded at fixing a gold-mining system likely made by the same people, and I'd generally assume a fan to be less complicated than that. Calm down and let them vote.

EDIT: And as we can see, it worked.

3, please. No need to take unnecessary risks with intentionally making a negation cloud.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 06:30:17 pm by Glass »

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 14, 2021, 06:46:12 pm »

3. Not having to conjure a death cloud is easily worth 10 gold.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 14, 2021, 07:03:23 pm »

Smoke isn't the same as a negative-energy cloud, but it'll have to do. The other choices seem either arrogant or potentially too dangerous.

That's not how I play games, sorry.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 14, 2021, 08:37:26 pm »

Unnecessary, but I'll also throw in a vote for 3
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 14, 2021, 08:52:56 pm »

We buy a torch.

You light a torch that you coated with a special resin to make it very smoky, which you procured from the market for this purpose. (Lost 10 Gold.)

When you hold this very smoky torch in front of the fans, nearly instantly the flame goes out and the smoke dissipates. Seems like success! And you still have some of the torch's resin to study at home, so that you can learn more about its fascinating relationship to negative energy. (Gained Negation.)

You walk back into town with a spring in your step, confident that your repair was a success.

That worked out fairly well.

Later in the day, after you've already returned to reading one of your tomes of magic, you get a knock on your door. It's Mayor Cos. Cos's spectacles give him a scholarly air, but he has a ready, friendly smile. His belt is overburdened with various pouches and tools hanging from it, including a book pouch, a sheath for a pen, lockpicks, and a bag of dice.

How do you know Cos, besides as mayor?

1.We once worked together replanting after a death cloud came through.
2.We sometimes fly kites together on the commons.
3.We were in a band together before he was mayor.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 14, 2021, 09:39:01 pm »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2021, 01:59:20 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2021, 07:20:03 am »

Rock on!

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2021, 08:34:49 am »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 15, 2021, 09:12:22 am »

3 lol

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 15, 2021, 09:15:27 am »

We were in a band.

Cos has been mayor for eight years. Before that, he was a kind of dilettante like yourself, doing odd jobs for everyone in town. He had a lot more spare time then, and he had a band.

What instrument did you play in Cos's band?

1.Cowbell.
2.Flute.
3.Drums.
4.Trumpet.

My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 56