Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56

Author Topic: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics  (Read 32485 times)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics
« Reply #285 on: October 13, 2021, 01:52:42 pm »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 13, 2021, 02:17:21 pm »

Maybe we'll get enough gold to buy that big floppy hat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2021, 02:45:55 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2021, 10:36:00 am »

Wait, really? How on earth are you expected not to think it's about asking him to dance when it says it's about asking him to dance?

Huh, you're right. I had only really looked at the options themselves, I guess the main text changes when you're interested in men.

We revive the mine.

You think that a working mine of the ancients would be impossible for the creature to live in, so you decide to try to revive the old machinery. When you get to the old mine entrance, you touch one of the iron rails leading inside and raise your other hand to the sky. Willing yourself to be a conduit between sky and metal, you intone, "Fodina aureus, reviviscat!"

Lightning strikes your raised hand and flows down the tracks into the mine. You can feel it dissipating into the huge underground structure, but at this point your skill with automation is great enough that you can increase the power you channel in response, until you begin to feel the distant thrum of machinery through the iron tracks. Loud clanks begin to sound from within the mine.

You can hear the stomping footfalls of the dodecapede headed for the mine entrance, and you and Tal take cover to watch the beast emerge. It looks positively annoyed.

But it doesn't see you and Tal, and it stomps off to look for a less noisy place to live.

You now seem to be the proud owner of an operational gold mine. Exploring it, you discover four hundred gold's worth of nuggets that you split with Tal, and you can see that more automated golem claws are chiseling away at veins throughout the mine. (Gained 200 Gold.) The mine looks as though its deposits are nearly used up, but if you're patient, there should still be plenty of gold left for one person.

Before you leave, you also cobble together some automatic doors for the entrance to keep out looters, now that the dodecapede is no longer there to scare them away. You think such occasional projects for the mine's upkeep will end up being quite instructive. (Gained Automation.) You resolve to check back on the mine later and collect whatever additional gold has been procured.

You meet up with Tal's clients, all grizzled farmers, at a tavern back in town. Unfortunately, they seem completely unwilling to pay Tal because she is unable to produce the head of the monster for them.

"But we dealt with your problem!" Tal complains. "What does it matter whether we have a head?"

"Sorry, we're traditionalists," a grizzled old man with a long beard says. "But thanks for trying."

Tal shoots you an accusing look. You think she might go on hunts alone in the future. Money aside, this was probably a little bad for her reputation. (Decreased Tal Relationship.)

Since you and Tal are both tired from your travels and the hunt, you part ways with few words and go to bed a little early.

Between your excitement at your discoveries from the sunken academy, the unexpected arrival of the negative-energy cloud, as well as Tal's invitation to the hunt, you have been delaying your decision about your relationship with the town. When you were younger, you imagined becoming an official town wizard. You still have some hope that if the town saw everything you could do for them, people might set aside their superstitions about magic. But perhaps that is naive.

What will your relationship to the town be?

1.Ask Mayor Cos if I can be an official town wizard.
2.I'd prefer to be a quiet benefactor of the town, subtly helpful.
3.I owe the town nothing and will do what I want.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 14, 2021, 10:44:43 am »

I knew we'd have to kill the thing to have people convinced. Oh well.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2021, 10:53:29 am »

So, Tal literally got 200 gold pieces from our actions and is accusing us for not getting paid? What a jerk.

Sort of tempted to go for 3 after Tal's reaction, but maybe the other townsfolk are not as bad.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 14, 2021, 11:00:12 am »

So, Tal literally got 200 gold pieces from our actions and is accusing us for not getting paid? What a jerk.
As is expressed in the text, it’s not just a money thing; Tal’a reputation has taken a hit because of this. What would you think if you hired somebody to do something, and then they came back telling you it was done but wholly unable to provide proof? Sure, she got some money now - though from what I recall, half the amount she was anticipating getting - but she’s also probably lost out on future income from fewer jobs, or people not being willing to pay as much money when they hire her, at least for a little while.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 14, 2021, 11:09:45 am »

Oh, missed the reputation point. My bad. Still think she's a bit of a jerk, though. :)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 14, 2021, 11:35:52 am »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 14, 2021, 01:09:27 pm »

A quiet benefactor.

You aren't certain people are ready for a public town wizard. Better, you think, to do good deeds from the shadows and hope the right people notice.

How will you try to serve the town in a discreet way?

1.I know some thugs are terrorizing the town. I'll find and blow up their base.
2.Repair the town's fans to protect us from the next negative cloud.
3.Divine the identity of the leader of the Twilight Band, the vigilantes who persecute shapeshifters.
4.Use vivomancy to create a new crop to replace those destroyed by the negative cloud. (Requires 10 gold.)
5.With a glamor up, go door-to-door raising funds to restore the copper tree in the market square.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 14, 2021, 01:19:15 pm »

More food is a stronger economy is a happier populace and more effective government.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 14, 2021, 01:33:40 pm »

I agree. But I'm a bit afraid of the unexpected effects of vivomancy, especially if we feed the whole town with a mutant crop. And repairing the fans should also bring more food on the long term.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 14, 2021, 01:46:10 pm »

Not really sure of any of the ideas, but I'll go with the fan option.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 14, 2021, 02:45:21 pm »

2 seems to be the fan favourite. Glass's would have been my second choice though.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 14, 2021, 05:17:58 pm »

STOP VOTING FOR OPTIONS WE HAVE LOW SKILL IN
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56