Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)  (Read 11044 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2021, 03:03:04 pm »

((Okay, theme change can be switched to Diseases if that’s ok. I won’t use so many scientific terms in the future, sorry about that))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2021, 03:20:53 pm »

Cards that do battle with this card take 1 heart of damage at the end of their owner's turn. This does not stack. 0 Attack, 3 Hearts.

(Simply from a wikipedia looksie. Might suggest upgrading to cells, though that has a similar issue..)
((The problem isn't that I can't think of any effects, it's that this effect could just have easily been applied to Spirochetes, or basically any other super broad group of bacteria.))

((Okay, theme change can be switched to Diseases if that’s ok. I won’t use so many scientific terms in the future, sorry about that))
((Sorry again, and really, the biggest problem isn't the scientific terms in particular. It was just that you were going all the way out to Classes and Phylums instead of narrowing it down to specific Species, Genus, or even Family. Diseases within the same Genus or Family generally are pretty similar, but when you start going out to Classes and Phylums well, there were literally 15 different Wikipedia pages for Spirochetes alone.

There were as many as 40 for Bacili and I had no way of knowing which, if any, were double membraned other than by reading all of the pages))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2021, 03:22:08 pm »

(I just used google to search it out. Might help if you link the proper pages next time though NG.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2021, 03:53:50 pm »

((Gram negative bacteria have double membranes. I’ll narrow things down more, sorry))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2021, 04:17:13 pm »

((Gram negative bacteria have double membranes. I’ll narrow things down more, sorry))

((Its the opposite problem. You're supposed to widen it up.

The issue is disease causing bacteria don't have a lot of different effect other than "make thing sick". So its hard to think of two unique effects for "group of disease causing bacteria A" and "group of disease causing bacteria B". It would be easier if you made things like "Gut Microbiom" or "Planet sized ameba".))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 04:20:46 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2021, 04:21:22 pm »

(Of note, I put my own game into signups if you want more CYOCGTCG.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2021, 04:22:34 pm »

((Its the opposite problem. You're supposed to widen it up.

The issue is disease causing bacteria don't have a lot of different effect other than "make thing sick". So its hard to think of two unique effects for "group of disease causing bacteria A" and "group of disease causing bacteria B". It would be easier if you made things like "Gut Microbe" or "Planet sized ameba".))
((Honestly, a mix of both would be appreciated. The problem is that the groups I'm being given can contain dozens of different kinds of bacteria that can all have different effects and unique traits. If it was narrowed down like naturegirl said to, say, specifically E. Coli(the closest thing I found to a Gram Negative Baculi), then I'd have an easier time coming up with effects. The same would be true if it was made less scientific and stated the nature of the hypothetical disease rather than its name as you said.))

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2021, 06:13:14 pm »

Juliette thought about her second card. Clearly, she needed something to feed the masses of magic and industry she would build in her deck later on. She knew just the thing!

Card Name: Mana Burner
Card Picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Background Colour: Brown
Higher Stat: Hearts
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2021, 08:44:16 pm »

Card Name: Wheel of Fortune
Card Picture:
Background colour: #277714
Higher stat: Bolts

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2021, 09:35:14 pm »

((Alright, that's everyone. I've got 5 of the cards made already, I'll work on the remaining 4 soon. My third party balance checker has been a big help in all this.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2021, 10:15:57 pm »

Glenn Jerkson brandishes her mysterious book, the non-canonicon! It reveals how the cards will probably not turn out!

(Reminder, the Non Canonicon is (usually) not how your cards will actually turn out and can be safely ignored)

Spoiler: Non Canonicon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 10:18:32 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2021, 10:27:25 pm »

((I only looked at the three cards there I've actually done, but let me say this: One of them I did exactly that, one of them I didn't but am fine with what I did do, and one of them I didn't do, but only because I just wasn't sure if that would be a fair card. And, well, frankly I'm still not sure Supernerds version is fair, but with some stat tweaks it should be fine and will be used.

Hmmm... you know, for Supernerds own kicks, I'll begin posting Wichtels sheets from now on as well, even if the cards themselves will be done in advance.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 10:31:27 pm by Failbird105 »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2021, 02:04:07 am »

Spoiler: Non Canonicon (click to show/hide)
I specifically asked for it to be able to attack though. :P
Also, as the image I posted has transparency, if you remove the alpha in the process (as in this sample), please replace it with the background colour ("semi-flatten" in GIMP), failbird. I would like for it to look nice.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2021, 02:28:06 am »

Also, as the image I posted has transparency, if you remove the alpha in the process (as in this sample), please replace it with the background colour ("semi-flatten" in GIMP), failbird. I would like for it to look nice.
Well, you will have already received your card earlier, I think you'll be happy with the results.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2021, 02:33:53 am »

Well, you will have already received your card earlier, I think you'll be happy with the results.
Oh, I hadn't gotten to PMs yet. Okay. :P
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17