Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)  (Read 11011 times)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2021, 09:40:02 pm »

Card Name: Underground Factory
Spoiler: Card Picture (click to show/hide)
Background Colour: Brown

Juliette smiled to herself as she filled out the card. She was so curious to see how it would turn out.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2021, 12:26:24 am »

*Card Name: Rain of Dice
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: red
Higher Stat: ???
Facedown (Y/N): Y

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2021, 12:53:26 am »

((Alright, all the images are collected, most of the cards have been made, and I've got a general idea of what to do for the rest. They'll be made early tomorrow and sent out shortly after that.

I've gotta say, what I've come to realize is the most difficult part of card creation as a GM here, is having a perfect idea of what a card would do in your head, but the actual details the player put on the sheet conflict with that idea.))
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 12:56:33 am by Failbird105 »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2021, 01:29:34 am »

((I've gotta say, what I've come to realize is the most difficult part of card creation as a GM here, is having a perfect idea of what a card would do in your head, but the actual details the player put on the sheet conflict with that idea.))
(Haha, well, I don't know who you're talking about, but if it does apply to me, I'm not married to the card having a facedown ability if you come up with something you really like.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2021, 08:11:50 am »

(This is why blank cards tend to be stronger than focused ones. Is mine one of them fail?)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2021, 11:57:08 am »

((I mean, it was, but the cards are done either way.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2021, 12:15:28 pm »

(Any chance of you using my gallery method for our cards so we can access the links in one place?)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2021, 12:27:30 pm »

((I have indeed been doing that. I just haven't sent them yet because I forgot the first time))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2021, 12:59:12 pm »

((Whoops, I’ll do that next time, you sent it in PMs, just gotta break the habit of making new galleries for every picture

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2021, 04:09:39 pm »

Day 1 - End of Day

You create another card and, with that, your introductory day at CYOGTCG Academy is over. Several of you, those who have a home they are able to be brought to on short notice, are told your parents have arrived to pick you up, while the rest of you will be lead to the dorms where you will be able to stay while you remain a student. The reason for all this is also explained: now that your SOUL has been awakened(or, some would argue, created) monsters will be able to detect you with their mysterious sixth sense. This means that they will now seek you out, that being said, having these cards means you also now have a method to defend yourself against them as well.

The group of you are lead out into the courtyard, only to see that there is a duel ongoing. A duel against a monster, and it doesn't look good.

Standing on the monsters side of the field are a veritable swarm of small black shadowy creatures.

Meanwhile, opposing th emosnter is a man in a large trench-coat, whose field seems to contain... nothing? It looks like his field is wide open. Even if those cards are all 1/1s, even if he's at full health, it shouldn't take more than two turns for him to be wiped out. And yet...

The man draws a card.
"I end my turn."

The monster... does nothing. It's as though it is paralyzed. The enemies board is empty, and the monster has so many Units, so why is it not attacking.

...No, there... there is something on the mans board, but it's like your eyes just... gloss right over it. Like your brain is trying to tell you its not there, even though you can see it plain as day.

"Engaging containment chamber." The man continues. Solid metal walls come up around the monster, boxing it in on every side, with only a small gap in the front to see out of.

"Area has been Secured, the threat is Contained. The children have been Protected." The man speaks, and nods to Greggory, who nods in return.

"Come now everyone, lets be on our way. This here situation is under control."

Before the day ends, you are all given an assignment: Before the end of tomorrow, you must all Assemble a Deck.

Decks must contain 40 cards, and it is recommended you have no more than 6 copies of any one card.

(To assemble a deck, Message a list of the cards you wish to use and their exact quantity in the deck to the GM)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 04:12:49 pm by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2021, 06:01:24 pm »

"Monsters. . ? Why had I never been told of this?" Dagon's ponderings go unanswered as the day wheels away, vanishing into night. The boy's ear perk up after hearing they'd be allowed to stay on the school ground if need be, so let loose his silver tongue, weaving lies about why he cannot return home. Having intended to hide away here, that just made his life easier. At least for now that would brighten his mood, even if it meant eating, breathing, and sleeping school.

Even despite being offered room and board, Dagon found himself wandering the Academy's halls, whether allowed to or not, until once again he stood overlooking the luxurious campus from the little bell-tower and its watch over the courtyard. With his baggy clothes as a cushion, and his sack as a pillow, the boy settled in to a corner, cool breeze flooding through. It was familar to him, this place, he couldn't help but stay there. After setting a few candles he begins pouring over the few cards he made, darting most between the prior two. "These won't do at all like this. . ." He mused to himself under the flicker of little flames. "They're simply too slow, but I won't abandon them. . . I'll just need to come up with support." Over the course of the night he fiddles with the core cards, coming up with quite the makeshift and unimpressive deck.
I've lost control of my life.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2021, 02:36:10 pm »

Day 2 - Assembly

Your second day, and the first full length one, begins with an assembly headed up by an announcement. A new student has arrived. His name is Rotimi Fashola, whose long hair conceals his face entirely, and his Deck Theme is Radioactive. He waves his hand and gives a winning smile as the Vice-Headmaster introduces him to the class. Apparently he was transferred in because his parents decided he would be safer here.(And totally not because I only just realized we have an uneven number of players)

Quickly, he introduces his card to the Core Set

"Sorry about all the magic, but I'm taking you to the industrial age. Sorry."

As for the assembly itself, Vice-Headmaster Geofferson tells you all that, as you have seen yesterday, the sparking of 9 souls has caused a rise in monster activity in the area. As such, anyone leaving school grounds must travel home with either a parent or a partner. Additionally, you must create a deck before you will be allowed to leave school today.

You will have a brief break before you move on to your first class of the day. It is recommended you use this time to make a basic starter deck.

(Rotimi is a bit of an odd character. He is not an NPC, but rather, a 'proxy'. He has a player, potentially multiple players, but they don't have bay 12 accounts. As such, he will function as an NPC in game, but his cards will be made as normal and he will be controlled directly by the player in duels)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 02:38:13 pm by Failbird105 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2021, 04:02:57 pm »

Having already done his homework, Glenn decides to spend his time on some independent studying in the school library, checking for any interesting CYOGTCG knowledge that does not appear to have been covered in class...
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2021, 04:29:47 pm »

Helen follows Glenn to the library hoping to learn more about monsters

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2021, 04:43:39 pm »

The previous evening, the observant observer might have seen Gesus head out to the edge of school grounds - not at the front like everyone going home, but off in the back where the school abuts undeveloped land - and meet a shady figure in a robe who seems to float along the ground. An observer with good hearing might even hear Gesus speaking to the figure, but the only replies are incoherent buzzing sounds.
"I'd say it was a good first day. Yeah, it was exactly what you said it'd be. I wouldn't say 'friends' yet, but a couple of the kids seem okay. We'll have plenty of time to get to know each other. Couple of suspicious ones, though. Yeah, I know, don't worry, I'm being careful. Actually, I think I want to give the dorm a try. I know, but I want to try it. I think most of the witches are going home anyway. Well, there's this one kid, but I'm not sure if he's a witch or not, he might just be a pervert. I'm definitely keeping an eye out. Moooom, c'mon, I'll be fine. Yes, I promise I'll call you if I need help. All right. Love you too, mom."

The following day, Gesus spends the morning staking out the other students looking for evidence of witchcraft, making sure to pay special attention to the new kid. Metal that gets so hot it glows on its own? Obviously witchcraft.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17