Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)  (Read 11043 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2021, 03:20:36 am »

Beside the shrinking long-haired girl, upon steps up the Academy's grandiose front entrance, Dagon rests with his cheek on a palm. His brow twitches ever so slightly, no doubt in a smidgen of irritation, but that quickly ebbs away to a stoic returned eye toward the antennae-headed student and the others that followed them. "Talking." He stated simply, before Séance could respond, gesturing a hand out to shoe the boisterous lot away, "Don't you think it's rude to butt into somone else's conversation?" No emotive hint of anger nor annoyance lingers in his voice, merely those soft spoken words.
I've lost control of my life.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2021, 03:22:58 am »

"Don't you think it's rude to butt into somone else's conversation?"
"No." All smiles. "So you're the 'magic' guy, right? Does that mean you're a witch?"

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2021, 03:39:52 am »

"Well it is." The boy mused, not responding to the half-accusation at first. "I'm glad that I could teach you a valuable lesson. . ." Dagon trails off. For a moment the air is dead and even more awkward than before. Eventually, with Gesus' wide-eyed smille not backing down an inch, he realizes he has no choice. A devilish thought crosses his mind.

"That depends. . ." He begins, turning about to reach into the nap-sack at his back. For a few moments more he digs around inside it, tossing aside a small fragile little crystal sphere, a bundle of azure cloth, then a few assorted thin wax candles before finally pulling out a tiny little leather book, about the size of his palm. 'Such junk he left to me. . .' He flicks through it to a specific page somewhere midway, "Would a witch know such an incantation?"

With a hand splayed out, he begins to chant, practiced so, "Quem vos transgressi fueritis, quem vos polluimini facie mea. . ."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2021, 03:45:41 am »

"Probably. Why did you just refer to yourself in the feminine gender? ... Also, why do you want us to defile your face? ... You know, thinking this over, I don't actually want an answer to that."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2021, 01:08:58 pm »

((So since this game has so many people, I will give until the end of the day before moving on to the next class. I'd suggest you prepare some 0-star Card ideas in advance so that you'll have something ready to go when the turn drops!

In the mean-time, I have my own advice and reasonings on the Core Cards:
Sallow Grimpling: While it does lose to the Iguana, or even the Infantryman, can be useful in the fact that, well, it can buy time. The advantage of being able to put two weak cards on the field instead of one slightly stronger card cannot be overstated.
Learned Sage: Not much to note here. A card draw with enough body to tank the ranged shot from an infantryman. That does however provide it an opening to be buffed by the Engineer and then healed via Drenc.
Drenc: A versatile spell. Having direct removal, even if it is an exceptionally weak form, is always useful, and its ability to keep your tanks alive cannot be underestimated either.
Elven Engineer: While the primary uses of this card have of course been sussed out, one thing that is to be noted, is that the effect does not say "another card", merely "a card".
Infantryman: This one has already been figured out. Very straightforward card.
Red Shirted Space Cadets: The cadets may not seem like that strong a card. Heck, even the French Soldier would at least accumulate buffs over time. The difference to make note of though, is that playing the second copy doesn't count towards your cards-per-turn limit. After all, if it did then it... literally wouldn't have an effect at all, and that would be horrendous card design if I made a card weaker in order to accommodate an effect that literally had no functional purpose.
Spirochete: Only real thing to note is that the effect applies regardless of if it's attacking or defending.
Star Pistol Waifu: So, the reason why this one is 1/2, despite not even guaranteeing you a star while Honoka (who had the same stats) did, is that you can't buff passive star-gen, but you can increase a cards number of attacks, meaning that Star Pistol Waifu could be given any number of attacks, and thus generate that many Stars every turn.
White Noise: It was honestly more powerful that reasonable in its previous form. This new form certainly has much less of a direct use, but this card can effectively be used as a way to attempt to keep your current advantage, rather than risk your opponent drawing a card that breaks it.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2021, 01:17:16 pm »

(Note that Honoka had 0 attack and 3 hearts. You're confusing her for Misumi. Star Pistol Waifu has more in common with that Fairy Paladin Jack had.)

(I do have cards already lined up though.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2021, 01:27:16 pm »

(Ah, well, technically it still supports my point, because it actually then means that Star Pistol Waifu is the weaker of the two in terms of stats, because she needs to survive a whole turn to use her effect and has even less health. But yeah, simply put, Star Pistol can be buffed such as to enhance her star gen, while flat "star at end of turn" effects can't.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2021, 02:41:56 pm »

Gesus emits a low buzzing sound.
"Was that 'hold on' part directed at anyone or was it for yourself? I personally had made friends with the cards. So the only weirdo who had performed speech to themselves is you."
"Don't be stupid, that was obviously directed at the probable witch with whom I'd been talking just before." His hair indicates in the direction of Helen. "You could've just told me you were talking to your cards. That makes perfect sense. There was no need to be rude."

"Hey you two, while we're all here, let's go mess with those other kids over there. I think they're about to start cybering." He marches off in their direction, both hair-strands making "come on" gestures toward CYOTC and Helen. The buzzing sound increases in volume as he parks himself more or less right between the two obvious witches, announcing in the most boisterous voice he can muster, "HI THERE WHAT ARE YOU GUYS UP TO?"

“What is rude about wierdo? You used it first so it should be cool...”

CYOTC indeed follows the youth with oddly hypnotic hair in order to defend the school from the horror of awkward flirts.

“Yo.”
Helen also follows Gesus
“What is cybering? I haven’t heard that before, also I’m not a witch as far as I know, of course I haven’t tested whether I have magic or not so I might be wrong”

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2021, 03:19:35 pm »

Juliette took this opportunity to introduce herself to the largest conglomeration of students she could find, shamelessly butting into their conversation. She waves cheerfully, before introducing herself.

"Hi guys! I'm Juliette, how are you all?"
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2021, 04:01:47 pm »

Séance has slipped away to her next class in the chaos. That wierd person seems disturbingly like that G fellow her sister complains about. And the rest is way too much noise. The fact she can get away from the hot boy is just coincidence, yes. Not like she doesn't have anything to say or anything.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2021, 04:17:08 pm »

Dagon continues to return the awkward stare they've been sharing with Gesus, who doesn't seem to move much of a muscle. "Truth be told. I don't know a lick of Latin." He coos with a half-smile as yet another student interjected.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2021, 04:48:00 pm »

Juliette took this opportunity to introduce herself to the largest conglomeration of students she could find, shamelessly butting into their conversation. She waves cheerfully, before introducing herself.

"Hi guys! I'm Juliette, how are you all?"
”oh hi, what brings you to this large group rather than the smaller one?” Helen asks as she gestures towards the to people on the bench

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2021, 06:02:05 pm »

Dagon continues to return the awkward stare they've been sharing with Gesus, who doesn't seem to move much of a muscle. "Truth be told. I don't know a lick of Latin." He coos with a half-smile as yet another student interjected.
"You said that we are going to transgress and you want us all to defile your (fem.) face. Don't worry, the Queen told me that there are guys like you out there and that you aren't necessarily witches."
Still grinning.

“What is cybering? I haven’t heard that before, also I’m not a witch as far as I know, of course I haven’t tested whether I have magic or not so I might be wrong”
"It means to engage in roleplay simulating the mating process of mammals over a technological medium. The Queen always said that people who don't know whether they are witches are probably witches."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2021, 06:04:51 pm »

"It means to engage in roleplay simulating the mating process of mammals over a technological medium. The Queen always said that people who don't know whether they are witches are probably witches."

"It doesn't have to be mammals!" CYOTC helpfully interjects.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2021, 06:33:41 pm »

”I didn’t know you knew a queen, what’s she like?”
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17