Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)  (Read 11028 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2021, 10:41:05 pm »

Spoiler: Core Set (click to show/hide)

(( Quoting them for the sake of it. I want to say that this core set is quite good. Thinking a lot of these cards will be viable for a long time. ))
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Academy - Core Thread (Player List Closed)
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2021, 10:47:35 pm »

Question about Spirochete, does it decrease the attack of one card by one or the attack of all opposing cards on the field by one?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2021, 10:55:19 pm »

(Here’s Some Notes, :)

Sallow Grumpling: Generic Token Summoner, Loses to Iguana Directly
Learned Sage: It’s a basic card draw system, Balanced
Supernatural Card: Lol, it’s your basic spell card
Elven Engineer: If it lives, it can keep pumping a card’s stat to get ridiculous
Infantryman: Most basic minion idk
Red Shirt Cadet: Idk, basic minion card
Star Pistol Waifu: I mean if it gets the opportunity to attack, then compared to a 1/1 gain a star card it’s better. However, it’s a must-remove target, the weakness being you don’t initially gain a Star.
White Noise: If done correctly you could just Stunlock an opponent out of the game.
Spirochete: Pretty Ridiculous, permanent -1 attack on all cards. Imagine if you just had 40 of these in your deck, strongest card of the basic set.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2021, 11:03:42 pm »

((Opposing Card will always refer to specifically whatever card the card with the effect is attacking/being attacked by. That being said, Spirochete is one that I'm realizing I might have overtuned in an effort to make it unique. It would be better suited if the effect was on attack only.

Thinking on it, I probably would have considered doing a mildly different take on White Noise as well. Probably adds an effectless copy of itself to the top of the opponents deck instead. Waste their draw for the turn rather than just cancel their turn. Cancelling a turn does feel a bit strong for a 0 star to do, even with the cost of discarding a card.

Considering that the actual turn hasn't been written yet, all of these are still up for changing, even more-so than any other future cards would be if they wind up too strong, but I'm happy with them on average.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2021, 11:11:26 pm »

(Here’s Some Notes, :)

Sallow Grumpling: Generic Token Summoner, Loses to Iguana Directly
Learned Sage: It’s a basic card draw system, Balanced
Supernatural Card: Lol, it’s your basic spell card
Elven Engineer: If it lives, it can keep pumping a card’s stat to get ridiculous
Infantryman: Most basic minion idk
Red Shirt Cadet: Idk, basic minion card
Star Pistol Waifu: I mean if it gets the opportunity to attack, then compared to a 1/1 gain a star card it’s better. However, it’s a must-remove target, the weakness being you don’t initially gain a Star.
White Noise: If done correctly you could just Stunlock an opponent out of the game.
Spirochete: Pretty Ridiculous, permanent -1 attack on all cards. Imagine if you just had 40 of these in your deck, strongest card of the basic set.)

(Spiro is clearly meant to be the opposing card. I'm pretty sure "cards" is a typo for "card's"
A deck full of them would lose to a deck full of Infantry even if that is a correct reading lol)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2021, 11:21:03 pm »

((Yeah s vs 's has always been an issue for me. It is indeed a typo. And yes, there are very very many ways to counter a deck filled entirely with 0 star 1/1s))

((Edit: Typo fixed))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 11:32:53 pm by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2021, 11:52:32 pm »

(( I'm definitely going to have to nudge something in the direction of Supernerd's version of the Sage. I do like a good hail-mary luckshot. But the one that exists now is well balanced, extra draw power is always good. ))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2021, 03:25:03 am »

(I don’t think 40 0f a card is an issue. I thought the max amount of a card in the deck was 6, if course, I could be wrong))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2021, 08:22:47 am »

Of note, White Noise prevents you for playing a card for that turn? Or outright prevents you from playing any cards? If the latter, bit unbalanced for a zero star.

I'm mostly saying it prevents the other player from playing their standard 1 card per turn vs preventing quickplays/revivals/deck summons/flips/all of the above.

Also time to deck build.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2021, 12:16:39 pm »

Day 1 - Recess

Vice-Headmaster Geofferson raises the nine cards that have been made and shows them to you. These will be available to all of you throughout your freshmen year at CYOGTCG Academy. However, only the one you yourself made will remain with you for life.

Spoiler: Core Set (click to show/hide)

With the orientation having taken up a significant portion of the day, you are all left with a brief recess period(far shorter than usual, and indeed, shorter you'd need to have an actual match of CYOGTCG) to socialize with each other before you will head to your first of two classes for today. The Vice-Headmaster advises that you should take this chance, it is important to make friends wherever you find the opportunity. Then, he leaves you to it.

You and the various other students look around, taking in your classmates for the year.

Meanwhile, Wichtel is sat in the corner legs splayed. She appears to be chewing on something.

((Alright, ya'll get some time to social before I move you to your first Class. I won't put classes or subjects in entirely the same order as Supernerd, but I'll keep it pretty similar.
Also, I nerfed White Noise. I do agree, practically skipping the opponents turn feels a little strong for a 0 star to be able to do under any circumstances

Also yes, because of how much time has passed, Glenn has gone from He/Him to She/Her since the beginning of the orientation.))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 06:48:45 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2021, 01:02:40 pm »

Séance spends her time engrossed in deck building, despite the fact it will be rendered pointless by lunchtime. It's always important to have your deck ready at all times, her sister told her so. Even if she wouldn't mind talking with that Dagon kid. Who is hot. Yep, just going to focus on deckbuilding, nothing else.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2021, 03:57:43 pm »

Helen sees Gesus and walks towards him.
“Hi, I’m Helen, your hair reminds me of antennae, I didn’t know hair could do that”

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2021, 05:10:09 pm »

Rather than take up the suggestion to socialize, Glenn elects to head to her locker and change to her other uniform, as its moderately uncomfortable to continue to use the male attire after noon.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2021, 05:45:07 pm »

The bang-headed student idly meanders about the building during their recess period. His thin eyes drinking in the school grounds proper, all the while. "It's quite nice. . ." The boy muses idly, it's no doubt that the CYOGTCG Academy is one of the most well-funded institutions for cardgame-based education. Pristine halls that nearly reflect his gaze, innumerable classrooms, each furnished well and staffed by oddball teachers that give him the stinkeye right back as he pops his head in. And best of all, a goodly number of quiet spots, and hidden alcoves from the bell-tower to the boiler-room.

"I suppose I wouldn't mind staying here, if it means being away from him" More words flutter out idly from his lips. Before long, Dagon's made a full circle around the building, and happens to bump right into the long black-purple haired Séance, whose paying equally little attention with her focused wrapped on cards. "Oh. . . Pardon me." Is all that he can seem to muster through a listless voice.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2021, 06:24:52 pm »

Well half the kids just walked off. What sociopath decided recess at a card school would be too short for cards?

CYOTC decides to make friends with the cards!

"Hello everyone! My name is CYOTC and I'm your master from here out! I hope we can all become friends! I don't think I will be able to use all of you in every match, but I'm sure all of you have value even if you don't see the field."

He then patiently waits for a response.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17