Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37246 times)

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Prologue: Yusuke Yamada Gains His Freedom
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2021, 01:50:00 pm »

"Gotcha! I'll go cover the other side of the building then!" The mage nodded before circling around the other side of the building.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2021, 08:20:24 pm »

Rin stands up, inhaling.
"If you excuse me, I'll just go stretch my legs a little before we eat. Work up the appetite."

"After them!"
Some of the guards are blocked off by Miyako, her daring gaze posing a challenge to them. After all, the first man to come after her would have to face a Gnosis wielder alone, and none of them wanted to take that risk.

Meanwhile, Setsurou and Traxesa round the building, trying to find an entrance, knocking aside a few guards....

...and find that the front of the building Yusuke slipped into appears to be an eatery of some sort, people calmly eating and drinking with no regard for what is happening.

Yusuke slipped into the building, a blur of orange fur looking around. The place was crowded, smelling of ramen, udon bowls and other fine food; the Cat, starved of good food he was except for whatever Setsurou could slip him, felt his stomach rumble.
"Okay. I don't think anyone's going to find me here. Just gotta stay on the floor and..."
"Oh, hello there. Are you someone's cat?"

Yusuke only had a few moments to process what was going on before he felt two hands pick him up. Resisting the urge to yelp, scream or do anything that might reveal him as anything aside from an ordinary cat, the young man came face to face with a brunette woman, wearing apothecary robes, looking at him up and down. She smiled, tilting her head, before looking back towards the table.
"You're a cute cat, aren't you? Kazuki, can you see if anyone's missing a cat? I wouldn't want this cutie to be hurt by someone stepping on him."
Crap.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 08:27:47 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2021, 08:51:49 pm »

Kazuki kept an eye on Rin as she went to stretch her legs. He most likely would have excused himself to go to the bathroom to actually keep an eye on Rin; just to make sure she didn't accidentally go into some alleyway to get mugged. Luckily for him, he found her stopping... for a cat? Yeah, that sounds about right for her. Once he was called, he was up and approaching the cat. He loomed over the cat for a moment...

"Hm. How'd a cat get in here...? Does this place even allow pets?... Eh, none of my business. Yeah, I'll go take a look around. And just to ease your worries..."

Unfortunately for Yusuke, Kazuki was very thorough in his work. Fortunately for Yusuke's spine and Rin's peace of mind, Kazuki had a lot of experience with cats— rescuing the little guys out of trees (what was with cats and trees, anyway?) was always the easiest way to make a buck once he learned the proper technique to minimize getting clawed several times (which has happened a few times, much to the amusement of Hidekazu; old man always got a kick out of seeing him screw up). Kazuki hoisted the supposed stray cat up with both arms— one under his belly, one on his back legs, and then went ahead and cradled him. Of course this technique was definitely still going to get him bitten and scratched at, so Kazuki moved rather quickly before his high pain tolerance caved just in-case. He moved first to the group that was just about to spar, and then raised his voice enough for the group to be interrupted while also helping anyone close-by in the tavern particularly looking for the word 'cat' pick him out.

"Oi! Hate to interrupt the fun times, but anyone lose a cat?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2021, 04:10:08 am »

As Miyako held her standoff with the guards, she noticed the strange presence from earlier had got much stronger when she got close to the building. But it wasn't strange anymore, rather...distressingly familiar. And yet, not any of the distressingly familiar feelings she had got during her stay at the palace. There were only two options, and one jumped right to the top of her mind.

The Sheep... They could be a wildcard. I hope this is just a coincidence.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2021, 05:27:14 am »

Setsurou entered the eatery and looked around before quickly spotting a man holding an orange cat. He made his way over.

"That would be my cat, thank you. He's probably hungry. C'mere, Yuya! I'll get you some meat to eat on the way home."

Shortening Yusuke's name to just the first syllables of his first and last was the quickest thing Setsurou could think of; hopefully Yusuke wouldn't mind it and go along with the lie. They had to get out of there quickly. Miyako was strong but the guards would eventually get the courage to attack and she wouldn't be able to hold all of them off forever.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2021, 10:44:48 am »

"Sah lively, ahnt?" Tora commented about the movement around the place.

"'Nyway, how long yah stayin' here?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2021, 01:26:09 pm »

"All this commotion for a cat?"

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2021, 03:00:05 pm »

"Eaaasy enough. Nice to be reminded that the people of the world love their pets as much as they do, eh Boss?" Kazuki put the cat down rather quickly, helping him face the direction of Setsurou. He took care to ignore the mutterings that went on around him; snarky comments would be kept to a minimum when on the job. "But why leave so quickly when you're in a restaurant right now? I ain't about a fast job. C'mon, lemme buy you and your cat a meal. I'm sure whoever owns this place won't mind the unique patronage— anyone'll bend a few rules for the right price."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2021, 04:02:34 pm »

Setsurou quickly knelt and picked up Yusuke - there was no safer place for the Cat than in his arms, he was certain.

"That's very kind of you, but I was just about to leave the city. I was only here to deliver a message and my employer would not appreciate my companions and I being late on our return; it's very important business."

His vest shifted just enough as he picked up the Cat that his Glacies Gnosis peeked out of it, and he hastily tucked it back before (hopefully) anyone noticed. He turned to the entrance.

"Traxesa, let Tanigawa know we found my cat and we can go now."

He put a slight emphasis in his phrasing so the Tiger would know what the story they were going with was - if he hadn't been close enough to hear the entire exchange already, that is.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2021, 04:22:29 pm »

Kazuki had a sharp eye, no doubt— his eyes drifted to the glittering tell of a Gnosis. This man knew his stuff, not flaunting his Gnosis like that. Just had to keep it on him a little tighter— Kazuki was one to constantly tighten his pauldron for that exact reason.

"Ah, no problem. Take care, alright?" Kazuki was fine enough with the excuse. He turned to Rin, undoubtedly going to ask her if she wanted to continue on that walk, until...

A word. A word one would not mistake for any other word. A name, rather. A name that was rather unique, and could not be simply brushed off with 'you must have me mistaken with someone else.' Kazuki's eyes widened as he stared off— visible to Rin as he faced her, and a complete oddity when it came to Kazuki who normally never lost his cool. His impulse dictated him in that moment as he whipped back to the man with the cat.

"Wait. Hold it, you. You said Traxesa? He actually happens to be an old coworker of mine, is he-" Something stopped in Kazuki's throat. He remembered exactly what Hidekazu's orders were. He remembered what Hidekazu said about Traxesa. His eyes drifted to the cat. Could it be? Nah, I'm just thinking too much of him, but... Kazuki, whether Setsurou looked back at him or not, gave both him and the cat the 'who are you really?' look. "...One moment before you go. Hey, Boss..." Kazuki looked at Rin with that serious look of his— one that indicated that he wasn't messing around. He had to find out. "I'm not gonna go back on my hospital promise, make no mistake, we're gonna go looking as soon as you want— but does your loyal employee have a moment to go with this guy? Just to help his group outta the city." Somehow, Kazuki was starting to doubt that they were going to leave without adversity.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2021, 04:34:50 pm »

When he heard the word 'wait', Setsurou slipped his free hand into his vest (using his forearm to support Yusuke's weight) and took a tag between his fingers but otherwise stood stock-still, turning his head just enough to look over his shoulder and see if he needed to use it. When the man continued on, however, he relaxed his stance just the tiniest bit and took his hand from his weapon. He turned a slight bit more toward Kazuki.

"I did; Traxesa is the name of one of my companions."

He met the mercenary's gaze with the cold-blooded evenness of a snake, betraying little of his line of thinking. After a moment he glanced toward the entrance and decided to wait for the Tiger's call on whether to trust this man or not.

"If you two really know each other, this is quite the coincidence."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2021, 09:24:43 pm »

Traxesa thought it would be best to keep eye outside while Setsurou when into the eatery. Though, it didn't seem to take too long to find Yusuke. It also seems like getting out of the building is taking far longer than one would expect. Could it be because of the Sheep? Though, one voice in the crowd the lad could key into. It seemed really familiar but who... Then they claimed to know him as well. Couldn't hurt to at least peak in. "They know me? I don't know too many folks in this area so..."

As soon as he locked his eyes onto the mercenary, Traxesa forgot about everything and rushed over towards the man in question. "Ohara! It's you!?" The lad had growth a huge smile across his face, "It's been forever man! Sorry I just kinda left without saying much. I had... business I need to attend to. B-but enough about that! How have have you been!?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2021, 12:46:43 pm »

Madoka watched the goings-on in vaguely annoyed silence. She still didn't actually want to stay here in a mass of people for much longer, and her promised duel seemed further and further away each moment. Plus, it was noisy outside, too; it was starting to hurt her ears.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2021, 03:01:43 pm »

Kazuki's eyes widened, his cool definitely having been blown out away from the shock of seeing Traxesa.

"...Damn. So it really is you..." He lets out a laugh— not his usual taunting or teasing laugh, but more of a laugh of relief. However, there was a tinge of nervousness behind that laugh; not even Kazuki could hide that fact. "Actually, not too bad— and wouldja stop with the 'Ohara' business? I'm cool with ya saying 'Kazuki,' remember that? But yeah, not bad at all— got a nice gig here with Rengoku over here, getting some time away from Bossman himself. I'm sure my story's a lot less interesting than yours, though... But that can wait til after I got clearance from my employer to help you out a tad," Kazuki looked over at Rin with a hesitant look; clearly wanting to go, but uncertain of if he should. He knew he'd be a lot more comfortable knowing Rin's decision whichever it may be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2021, 03:10:16 pm »

"Whatever she decides, it must be quick. We must leave as soon as possible."

Idly and without thinking, Setsurou scratched Yusuke behind the ears while he spoke.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49