Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37248 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Prologue: Yusuke Yamada Gains His Freedom
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2021, 08:48:18 pm »

Rin frowns, studying Yusuke and Setsurou.

Yusuke, for his part, does his best to pretend that he is, in fact, an entirely ordinary cat, mewling slightly at the ear scritches scratches.
"Well, I don't really want to leave our new friends here, but....a friend of Kazuki is a friend of mine. I'll be happy to come with you and help."

Alice, for her part, nods at Nullstar.
"You guys wanna check that out? Seems interesting enough. Might even be a bounty in it."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2021, 08:59:49 pm »

There was a bit of worry as Rin seemed to hesitate as he did, but then it was replaced with relief that she was willing to not only let him go but come with as well. Kazuki smiles a little at Rin's willingness to come with... though if his intuition was correct, he'd have to make absolute sure to pull double duty with keeping her safe.

"See her, Traxesa? Absolute peach— starting to not even wanna go back to working with the old man... But really, I appreciate it, Rengoku. Thanks. Don't worry, we'll be back. I'll make sure to keep an eye out and get a route memorized on the way back, too." Before he made any preparations to leave, however, Kazuki doubled back slightly to get within shouting range of his table. "Yo! Kubo! Tsunomaki! The boss and I are headin' out for a bit to go help a friend of mine, we'll try'n be back soon! Tell me if Cloaky cracks a smile during the match, okay? I'd love to hear about it!" He heads back, arms crossed behind his head and giving a wide smirk to the group. "This oughta be fun! Lead the way, cat-lover."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2021, 09:35:43 pm »

"You wouldn't even, um, be able to tell." Madoka couldn't quite keep the petulance out of her voice. "Where's my duel, anyway?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2021, 10:28:54 pm »

"We doubt so, but if we don't have anything better to do we don't see why not."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2021, 07:01:51 am »

"Mightaswell."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2021, 08:34:11 am »

That strange feeling had been growing stronger and stronger as they ate. Almost as though someone...something? was getting closer and closer. She'd managed to ignore it...well, up until the point when the small orange cat had darted into the restaurant. Kaori glanced up from her meal, those strange feelings she had been picking up finally coalescing into firm images in her mind. Three animals, leaping into her mind's eye.

Rat...Her eyes flickered towards the small bundle in Rin's arms. Cat.... And then her eyes met young blonde-haired stranger currently chatting with Kazuki. And Tiger. Could it be? Are they-

No, she decided, shaking her head and turning back to her noodles. This promised nothing but trouble and...she was in enough trouble as it was. Unless trouble came knocking, she wasn't going to get herself involved. Well, that aside, lunch came first, of course. Mysteries can wait.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2021, 09:15:41 am »

Outside, still holding her standoff with the guards, Miyako noticed the others' presences had stopped moving.

What's going on? Really need some way to stay in contact next time.

Even so, she'd still need to make sure there is a next time. While she was able to cover her allies as they climbed over the fence blocking the alleyway, she'd need to leave it the hard way. Or perhaps...

"Gentlemen, I don't think we need to fight. In this narrow alleyway, you can only attack me one at a time, and even if you could take me with numbers, the first would already be bleeding on the stones. But soon enough, I'll have to leave this alley, through you if necessary. But if you were to back off and forget this ever happened, there'd be no bloodshed."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2021, 10:46:42 am »

Daisuke had been eating away at his noodles in a manner one would likely call "efficiently", barely looking up at the distractions that presented themselves to politely nod in acknowledgement. So, when the rabbit had made her annoyance at the lack of a duel known, the scarred swordsman gently set down his bowl with a sigh before turning to her.
"Ah yes, I do believe I promised one when I finished, and I do appear to be finished. If you'd like to lead the way, it would seem I have some free time."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2021, 01:54:25 pm »

Madoka slid off the chair, turning to nod back at Daisuke.

"Let's go outside." Without any further ado, she headed for the doorway, expertly ducking through the crowd.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2021, 02:06:04 pm »

"Then we have no time to waste. Let's go get Tanigawa."

Setsurou went outside.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2021, 05:07:49 pm »

"Mind if I tag along and watch, Madoka? I gotta see this."

The guards, for their part, hold their ground, not advancing, but not backing off either.

"As soldiers of the Empress, we cannot retreat! Even if you wield a Gnosis, our orders are clear!"

Rin follows along with Kazuki, Setsurou carrying Yusuke, and Traxesa, passing by a pair of guards searching the tables as they leave the bar and walk onto the porch. Completely oblivious to everything else, Rin turns to Setsurou.
"It's pretty crazy today. So....how long have you had Yuya? I, uh, I really like cats, and I wished I'd had one as a pet, but, well, the Mizuno pharmacy doesn't let you keep pets in their dormitories, so....eheh. Sorry if I'm babbling. I'm babbling, aren't I?"

Kazuki and Setsurou, past all of the guards, of course, notice a cloaked, hooded figure standing in a nearby alleyway, seemingly minding their own business. Though their eyes aren't visible, you can tell they've got an eye on...Rin?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2021, 11:54:31 pm »

"Yuya's been in my care for... hmm, it really has been awhile. Seven years. He's a bit of a rascal, but really he has a good heart. Very admirable for any creature, be they man, beast, misaki, or Juunishi."

Setsurou clocked the hooded figures. Of course, this woman did have a bodyguard for a reason, and it seemed that that reason was here. Perhaps, with a little bit of cunning, he could lure these imminent troublemakers to the guards near Tanigawa and cause a little bit of chaos to escape in.

"Our associate is just over here. This way."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2021, 11:57:08 pm »

In response to Madoka's suggestion, Daisuke nodded and stood, following after at a slightly slower pace due to needing more room to properly maneuver, giving the other man time to catch up to the pair if he was allowed.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2021, 02:19:19 pm »

Kazuki stayed quiet, letting Rin and Setsurou talk for a bit. He opened his mouth initially to start a conversation with Traxesa, but then he noticed the hooded figure. It didn't take a watchful eye to know that the guy was looking at Rin. Normally, Kazuki would heckle the guy, but Setsurou seemed to have some sort of a plan. Thus, he just kept a very watchful eye on Rin, and another eye on their surroundings.

"Right. On your lead..." Kazuki spoke in a hushed tone, making it quite apparent how cautious he was trying to be. Especially when it came to Rin— and on a mission he dragged her into, no less.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2021, 03:30:41 pm »

"There won't be, um, much to see. Nobody beats Tenkaji."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49