Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37237 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Just a moment longer...

Outside, Miyako continued her slow walk and kept her back turned to the soldiers as if she hadn't heard them. Inside, the anticipation was pushing her nerves closer and closer to their breaking point. She did her best to resist the urge to look at Setsurou and Traxesa; knowing they were there to support her and do their part of the plan did help, but knowing it had to be enough when she couldn't risk turning to see it. Turning inward to resist that urge wasn't much, either: the Gnosis in her pocket was still distracting her, holding its charge like a spring wound as tightly as Miyako herself was. Oh boy, would it be a storm when she released it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Are you?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Setsurou tensed. There he was. So soon, he would be free. After that, they would figure it out. All he had to do was wait just a few moments longer for Miyako's signal.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile

Keeping to the alleyways, Traxesa could hear the jingle of chains coming closer. The sound of their upcoming plan about to start. Placing his hand on his gnosis helped kept him calm when each moment seemed to be longer than the last. He had his wind magic at the ready for whenever the clock hits zero.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...So you aren't a good fighter, but got some 'skills'. Mind to tell us what are those?"
"Something tells me you are trying to 'recruit' folks without offering them much from the start. We find that terribly amusing."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

This was roughly the point when Kaori came back with the noodles. One bowl of spicy mapo tofu ramen for Daisuke. One small bowl of brothless soba for Hazuki. A large bowl of chicken ramen for Rin. And a serving of vegetarian ramen for her.

"Food's up, everyone!", she called out, placing each of the bowls in turn before blinking owlishly at all the extra people gathering near their table. "Oh, uh, are these, um, are these new friends of yours?" She could recognise the short, glar-y one she'd almost tripped over on her way out but the rest all seemed to be strangers...Well, as expected of Rin to make new friends wherever she went, she supposed....

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A bounty? But d'yah haff one in mind?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

"Kinda; Kubo's just gonna treat our boss to a heart attack, but at least it'll most likely be a good show. Come on, sit, watch the master at work." Kazuki pulled the bowl of noodles closer to himself, starting to idly slurp them up.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When Yusuke's convoy got close enough with their shouts to clear the road, Miyako turned around.

"Oh! Sorry sirs. Please, hold this for a moment!"

Saying that, she threw her cloak off herself and onto the foremost guard's hands to confuse him and make him forget about his weapon for a moment. In that split second, Miyako stopped to introspect. Traxesa was right; she wasn't shaking anymore. No, as she released the tension holding her Gnosis' charge and allowed it to Burst, her thoughts and actions became intuitive and bright as day. Even brighter, literally, as a sparking halo rose around her to flash in the guards' eyes and boom in their ears. The sudden crack of thunder would be heard by many more people, but right now, only Yusuke mattered.

"Yusuke! Transform! We're saving you!"

A small issue with the plan was that Yusuke wasn't in on it, but there was no time to explain; Miyako would have to trust him to think quickly and take the opportunity for escape, either now or when Setsurou and Traxesa added their contributions to the chaos.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Setsurou started the move the second Miyoko spoke, leaping off of the bench and rushing toward the formation from the side. As he neared, he threw his spell tag down and discarded his illusion in a burst of freezing mist and shards of ice, further disorienting the guards by blinding them just after the Rat deafened them. He reached Yusuke and put a gentle hand on his shoulder. He leaned in close so the man could hear him after Miyoko's burst.

"Yusuke, it's Setsurou! We need you to turn into a cat right now so we can escape! I'll carry you to safety!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile

On queue with the other two, Traxesa leapt out of the alley into action. Holding tight to his gnosis, the boy summoned two wind cyclones. One of them heading to knock straight into the guards, the other enveloping Setsurou aiding and pushing him to achieve much faster speeds than what he's normally used to. Hopefully enough to get a few more hits in on any remaining guards before snatching Yusuke. "There's not much time to explain! Just trust us so we can get out of here ASAP!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Rin looks between Todoroki and Daisuke.
"Don't hurt him too badly, okay?"
"He looks pretty tough, He'll be fine. Well...I won't hurt him too bad. Can't guarantee Madoka here won't. Pretty sure her sword hand's twitchin'."

Then Kaori returns.
"O-oh? U-um....well....Kaori, uh....this is Todoroki and his friend Madoka. They, uh....decided to eat with us! And fight Daisuke, I guess."

For a moment, a mere moment, the soldiers notice Miyako getting closer. They pay her no heed; maybe she was a beggar, looking for alms, or a curious onlooker. After all, imperial soldiers didn't often make their way around Kamihama; that was the city guard's job.

Then all hell broke loose.

Lightning sparks through the air as Miyako unleashes her Gnosis, a blinding halo dazzling the guards and deafening them. Setsurou follows closely, his dog-like form vanishing in a whirl of ice and snow as he emerged, a miniature blizzard blinding sight, and Traxesa's winds knocking people aside.

"D-dammit! Gnosis users! S-stand close!"

Yusuke, of course, was disorientated by the bursts.  He stumbles about, still tied up in his manacles, trying to latch on to something, anything familiar he could ground himself in.

Then he hears Setsurou's voice, and realises, immediately, what was going on.

And just how much trouble he would be in if he didn't immediately get with the program.
"...right, got you."

He reached deep down, pulling on that thread he could feel in his mind. Ordinarily, he hated this feeling; though it wasn't exactly common for a Cursed to love their Cursed forms, the Cat hated his the most, for what it meant. Usually, that thread would unravel itself. It wasn't really a thread; Yusuke didn't know how to describe it, but it was a feeling of impending change, a strange, queer feeling that signalled the loss of his human form, at least for a while.

Today, however...

"Damn it....screw it, I gotta do this."

He closed his eyes, and pulled.

A puff of orange dust, and Yusuke's clothes fell to the ground, along with the manacles clattering to the ground, as an orange cat was left in his place, scampering on the ground towards Setsurou.

In the confusion, however, a guard swiped blindly at Yusuke, his hands almost scooping up the cat. Yusuke leapt backwards, speaking almost instinctively.
"Damn it, out of the way!"
Oh, crap.

The guards could hear him now. They were still recovering their vision, but given Yusuke was a bright orange cat at the moment, he wasn't exactly hard to spot.

The first guards to recover formed a line between him and Setsurou, herding him back away. Yusuke turned tail and sprinted into an alleyway, running away from the guards.

"...he's a Cursed?! Damn it. They're real after all. After him! For the Empress!"

The strange woman sighs.
"I'll be upfront with you, I haven't got much. I'm...well, what you'd call a foreigner to these parts, and I need help. I suppose what you'd say I am is a shipwreck survivor, and I need parts to repair my craft, but...well, parts cost money, and money means adventures. I got some money on me, and I can afford to pay, but....well, it's not much, like I said. And....well, I'd show you but....it wouldn't really mean much outside of a fight, ironically. Clairvoyance, I think, is the word for it around here."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No! We need to get to him before the guards!"

Unafraid, Miyako drew her axe and charged the side of the soldiers' line. She wouldn't need to take them down, only knock them aside enough to run past. In theory, her choice of weapon had the advantage against the soldiers' spears, but she and her friends were still outnumbered and couldn't risk an extended fight. Especially as every second meant Yusuke getting farther away.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Tch. You're all fools to stand in the way of the best of the Yugen clan."

Setsurou whirled both hands, producing two icy fuuma shuriken from the mist around him, and threw them at the guards ahead of him. He didn't care if they were hit or if they dodged; all that mattered was that they were removed. Hopefully Traxesa was hitting the guards from the side opposite Miyako; that way they would all be able to get through. Either way, he charged as soon as he threw the shuriken, intent on dodging past.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Madoka shook her head.

"You know I won't." She was a duelist first and foremost, and had no interest in killing everyone she ran across, so the worst she would inflict would be a cut that ran too deep by mistake.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49