Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 4  (Read 1832 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 4
« on: August 05, 2021, 07:31:21 pm »

This thread is part of CYOGTCG High School RPG battles. If you are interested in signing up for the game, please visit the Core Thread.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 4
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 08:01:59 pm »

At the New Semester Tournament Freshman Division, Rulao goes up against Diance in the first round!

"These two competitors couldn't be more different if they tried! See the clash of personalities that is Rulao versus Diance!"

As determined by a large novelty coin flip, Rulao takes the first turn!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 09:35:36 pm »

"Yo." The punk rasps, his voice ever grating as always. With a casual gesture, he pulls the seat out across from Diance, twists it around backwards and takes his position, notably late, it'sthe weekend after all. Rulao russles up his own messy pompador and manifests his seafood buffet deck to one side. As the novelty coin flips the first turn his way, five cards are already in his hand, "No hard feelin's, but I ain't acceptin' any less than facing that G3 guy in the finals."

Rulao throws down the first card! It's his bread and butter, a Cosmic Isopod!

From there, he uses the star it's given him to play a Shipwreck Hermit.

"Yer go." He says, there's a certain air of calmness to the thug in this moment, despite the fact that he's never seen Diance play. Is he just brash and overconfident? Maybe. . . Time will tell.

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 09:59:12 pm »

shuffling, draw 5, draw 1.

"You know, still don't have any quick star generators. Open, Bridge of Rainbows!"

A flash of light, tinged by a pink glow."K, not the best." Diance thinks. A flash of purple.

"Not the best of starts." Turn end.

Diance's Field: 20 Hearts, 1 Star.
7 Cards in hand.

Blurb: The Dual's just started, and already at a disadvantage!? What tricks does she have to get out of this one,

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 10:12:03 pm »

Rulao picks up his next card.

"Ahh, yeah I get it. . ." The punk muses aloud. Playing another Cosmic Isopod for a star.

He follows that up with a Longarm Snatcher! The beast readies its grasping claws.

"Yeah. . . It all makes sense." Still muttering under his breath, at this point Rulao's nodding his head, before he let's slip, "You would be the kinda chick whose theme's rainbows."

His Shipwreck Hermit attacks Diance directly dealing two hearts of damage, ending his turn.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 10:23:14 pm »

"Thanks, but.. Hmm, wonder if I can add cosmic stuff to my deck.."

Draw "Kay, this is pretty good. Be nice if I could make full use of it. Now, open the bridge between dimensions!"

Three cards are played facedown, three stars shooting into her deck.

"Bit strange playing this card so early. I am very glad your cards don't have high attack, hehe."

Diance continues her earlier thought. "There isn't any reason I couldn't add that Cosmic Isopod to my deck if you gave it to me. Perhaps we'll see some good in each other through this duel." Diance is planning something. She's taking some large risks, but why?

Diance's Field: 18 Hearts, 1 Star.
4 Cards in hand.

FD01
FD02
FD03

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 10:46:21 pm »

Rulao draws a card, grimacing at the thought. "Yeah, sure whatever." He brushes it aside, seeing no real harm in Diance's gesture of good will. Though at the same time, he's reticent. The girl's aura is just offputting to the grungy punk. "Show ne ya mean business an' I'll consider it."

Rulao plays a Frothing Shore to ease his crustaceans' worries.

"They'll snip ya if you ain't too careful." He wheezes, sending both the Shipwreck Hermit and Longarm Snatcher to attack Diance directly, their claws flying over her facedown field. "My boy's're all aboit their toughness, ya dig?"

He ends his turn, sending it over toward the girl across.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 10:55:02 pm »

draw. "That they will I guess. I'm going to be getting a use out of that card if this keeps up. Thankfully you didn't press forward."

"So, how about a little exchange, yeah? Though our paths have not yet crossed, there is always the future ahead!"

It appears as if a bit of light shines in her eyes, filled with Joy.

Turn Interrupt!

"Not the best start huh? Of course, the good cards are gone now, though wish Fallen Paladin wasn't helping you out. But that's the deal."

Diance's Cards have been copied, tokens going to Rulao. Meanwhile, the same happens to him! [A chance, or loss?]

(sorry, wrong card images. Fixed.)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 10:58:39 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 11:00:08 pm »

(Note: It appears that you only posted one of the cards in your hand, as opposed to all of them. I'm under the impression your hand contained 4 cards.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 11:01:19 pm »

(Note: It appears that you only posted one of the cards in your hand, as opposed to all of them. I'm under the impression your hand contained 4 cards.)

(I ended up posting a wrong image, and so quickly deleted it. It's fixed now.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 11:03:34 pm »

"Damn. . . That's annoyin'." Rulao growls. "Half of this shit is completely useless to me." The teen doesn't really watch his mouth despite the taping of the event. Not to mention her little switcheroo screwing with the pleasant seafoam. . .

To Diance, copies of these cards are given.

And a sneer from their owner too.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2021, 11:10:51 pm »

"That is the idea." Diance says with a wide smile showing teeth. "I'm ending my turn since you don't have anything I can use."

(Night.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2021, 11:13:43 pm »

Rulao draws his next card.

"Well, whatever, bite my style if ya want." With that he plays down the Kelp Forest of the Deep for one star.

Using its effect, Rulao discards one of the Fallen Paladins he was given to play a 1/1 copy thereof. Using its effect to deal one damage to the second facedown card on Diance's field!

Finally, his Shipwreck Hermit and Longarm Snatcher deal another three damage directly to Diance!

(( Sleep tight! ))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2021, 11:33:57 pm »

Diance draws her next card.

"Sure."

Using its effect, Diance discards one of her Fallen Paladins to play a 1/1 copy thereof. Using its effect to deal one damage to the other Fallen Paladin.

"Hehe, a mirror played only reflects. Question is how long till it cracks?"

Diance's Field: 15 Hearts, 0 Stars.
6 Cards in hand.

Kelp Forest of the Deep 0/7
Fallen Paladin 1/1

FD01
FD02
FD03

(((No bugs shall bite.)))

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2021, 11:50:45 pm »

Rulao shrugs and draws, fully expecting the exact same order of events to take place next turn.

He plays a Mesmer Mantis! Using it's ability, the Kelp Forest of the Deep's effect is swapped with the token copy that Diance created. Leaving her forest nothing more than a block of health.

Rulao discards a card, creating another copy with his own Kelp Forest, this time it's a Mossen Crushclaw.

"Right. . ." He gazes over the field, those beady eyes wavering ever so slightly. "Guess I just gotta beat down my own card now."

With that, the Longarm Snatcher destroys Diance's Fallen Paladin. While his Shipwreck Hermit deals two damage to the powerless Kelp Forest.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4