Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 4  (Read 1829 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 4
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2021, 08:17:45 am »

Draw!

"Should have seen that.." Where are my cards. That mantis is the worst of his.

"I end my turn, gaining a star."

Diance's Field: 15 Hearts, 1 Stars.
5 Cards in hand.

Kelp Forest of the Deep 0/5
Honoka-san 0/3

FD01
FD02
FD03

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2021, 10:49:48 am »

He draws, yet another Cosmic Isopod is played. Seems like the punk's deck is just chock full of these skittering little monsters.

With an exchange of a star for a star, Rulao plays the other Fallen Paladin Diance so graciously had given him.

For the second time, the paladin's effect deals one damage to Diance's second face-down card.

"If only I could get rid of yer shitty magical girl cards." He jeers, having absolutely no use of Diance's ultra specific effects. He sucks at his teeth, instead sending the Shipwreck Hermit and Longarm Snatcher to destroy Diance's Honoka.

Finally, the Mossen Crushclaw copy and the Mesmer Mantis deal a total of two damage, cutting through Diance's thick Kelp Forest. And with that he ends his turn.

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2021, 11:02:07 am »

"I would like some stars now so I can actually fight back. Also stop bullying my face down." draw. ...

"That mantis of yours... It counters me well. I can't play this combo because you will just remove it.. Or switch effects, cause you will just switch it back. Still.."

"Pretty Cure: Mint Protection!"

"With this card up you can't damage any of my cards. Of course, neither can they block your attacks. Passive effects don't trigger the removal either. I end my turn and gain a star!"

... Diance is about to take a beating without anything to block.

Diance's Field: 15 Hearts, 1 Stars.
5 Cards in hand. (I keep mixing up, still have the two mantises I can't get out.)

Quote from: Mint Protection
Kelp Forest of the Deep 0/3
Honoka-san 0/3

FD01
FD02
FD03

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2021, 11:11:06 am »

(( OOC: Not trying to call you out or anything at all, just wondering if there's precedent. Unless I'm reading it wrong, wouldn't ending your turn cause Honoka's effect to activate? It doesn't seem like the card excludes such things. Again, just curious. ))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2021, 11:39:05 am »

(Key word is 'activate'. I checked with Supernerd when I got the card. Your mantis activates their effect, while passive effects don't activate, like you shipwreck hermit, or crushclaw. Pretty sure cards that activate on play do break it though.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2021, 11:53:37 am »

(( Okie doke. I've no issues with it. But I definitely dig the card, awesome paired with Honoka! ))

The punk can't help but crack a smile as he draws. "Ya got guts." He states plainly, but the intention is still clear. "I'll take yer challenge!"

Rulao spends a star to play his next card!

And with that he draws again. Finally, he throws out an index finger, sending all his cards to attack the vulnerable Diance directly once more, dealing a total of 7 damage! How much more of this can she take?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2021, 12:18:00 pm »

Draw. A shooting star flashes by!

"Let's see." draws.

... Diance is thinking. Not going to last long like this. There are two paths Diance can take.

"Now isn't the time for that. I won't give up my life so eaisly. Nagisa! Let's turn this around!"

FD01 Flips, revealing,

Her effect lets me gain stars, bringing me to two! And together... Well, I can combo can't I?

Nagisa-san attacks your Fallen Paladin. As does my Kelp Forest attack your Isopod! Followed by me playing Transform! to add Cure White to my hand. Now~

"Dual Aurora Wave!"

"From my deck, the Pretty Cure arrive!"
FD03 has been removed from play. It's revealed to be another copy of Misumi Nagisa!

Diance's Field: 8 Hearts, 0 Stars.
5 Cards in hand.

Kelp Forest of the Deep 0/3
Cure Black 7/4
Cure White 4/7

FD02[Mint Protection]

(I am dangerously low on hearts and stars. But the Pretty Cure arrive to save the day! Can they stop the invasion of crustaceans before it's too late?)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2021, 12:45:55 pm »

"Huh. . . Now those're some beefy cards." Rulao remarks, perhaps notably impressed by Diance's flashiness. "Not bad at all Rainbow head." He adds, drawing a card.

"I'll use that fake history buff's card first." He throws down a Gandr, dealing three damage to Cure Black.

From there, using the effect of his Kelp Forest, Rulao discards a card, and places it! It's Symbiotic Algae Growing on a Crab! The creature gains both three attack and three hearts thanks to the burning crimson brand on it's back!

Finally, he engages in combat! Sacrificing his Mesmer Mantis, the creature crashes into Cure Black, dealing the last bit of damage and destroying both of them.

He then directs his Shipwreck Hermit and Longarm Snatcher to strike at Cure White, destroying the Snatcher and leaving the Hermit at a single health

Meanwhile, his Crushclaw picks away at her Kelp Forest, dealing a single point of damage. And ending his turn.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2021, 12:59:09 pm »

"Ow. Thanks~"draw. "I'll make sure to pay back the favor!"

The algae burns~

"I've said it before, I'll say it again, 0 star cards don't do anything no matter what they have. Cure White, burn away the kelp forest. Solo Luminae!"

5 Cards in hand.

Kelp Forest of the Deep 0/2
Cure White 4/4

FD02[Mint Protection]

(Bit amazed how you have no stars... Also amazed this card came into my hand. Maybe things are finally turning. So long as I don't take 3 gandrs to the face.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2021, 01:22:10 pm »

Rulao's brow twitches, "Ya know. . ." He rasps, drawing a card all the while. "Bein' on the receiving end of that kinda removal is goddamn annoyin'"

He discards a card, then slaps down a copy of Cosmic Isopod using his Kelp Forest to buff it in effect, for a star as well. (Can you guess how many of these are in his deck? Too many.)

Thereafter Rulao plays another Mossen Crushclaw.

For a moment, the punk is silent. His eyes wander from his hand over to Diance's arm, where the gaze sits for a few moments more. "Think I'm gonna start hunting monsters. . ." He blurts out quietly. Sending his Crushclaw copy to destroy itself on Cure White' face, dealing one damage.

He brushes aside his uncharacteristic and brief opening up, whether the girl responds or not, as his Shipwreck Hermit deals the final blow, eating up the last of her Kelp Forest of the Deep. Destroying it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2021, 01:36:25 pm »

"I would suggest being careful. They can surprise you when you least expect it." Diance then moves to something else. "I'm hoping they will open up deck limits soon, given I need far more space so Friendship Precure can shine."

Draw.A shooting star Shines! "Sweet! That gives me access to an ace now." reveal, banish, draw. FD02 flips to reveal,

"No matter how much you beat us down, we won't give up. Shining Star!"

"I'll add B to my hand since this isn't a Monster. Now Fallen Paladin, enter the field!"

Fallen Paladin, destroy the Hermit with your effect! And now Cure White, finish off his Kelp forest!

Hermit and Forest are destroyed. "I'm amazed it ate some damage.. Goes to show why you shouldn't gamble."

6 Cards in hand.

Cure White 4/3
Fallen Paladin 2/2

(Fun fact, Shining Star is one of the turnabout cards that turns defeat to victory. Hence an Ace. Also that shooting star luck. Last one is just a free draw now.)

(nevermind, bit off today.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 01:40:20 pm by TricMagic »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2021, 01:54:14 pm »

"Yeah. Yer good at this turnaround shit." He muses. As Rulao draws, he replies, "Careful ain't in my nature. I just don't like the idea of shadow-freaks hurtin' people." Again he can't help but stare obviously at Diance's mostly healed wound. "Or worse. . ."

He plays a Runic Magecraft once more! Dealing three damage to the powerful Cure White and finishing her off.

He takes a moment to look over their devastated fields before adding, "I don't really like usin' other people's cards. That don't feel right, it ain't part of my SOUL." But it seems regardless, for once Rulao's taking the practical route. In that regard, it truly does seem like he fully intends to reach the finals, and will accept no less.

Rulao crashes his Mossen Crushclaw into Diance's Fallen Paladin, destroying them both. Then has his Cosmic Isopod copy deal a single damage to her directly.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2021, 02:00:47 pm »

"Just be careful." draw. About time I get it..

"Honaka-san, time for an encore. And there aren't any cards in play either, so no Mantis. Friends to the end!"

draw.

"End turn. Come at me!"

Diance's Field: 8 Hearts, 1 Stars.
5 Cards in hand.

Honoka-san 0/3 [Mint Protection]

[A final stand. What will the outcome of this clash be?]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:13:01 pm by TricMagic »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2021, 02:08:29 pm »

(Isn’t the gaining a star from Honoka at the end of the turn an effect that would disrupt Mint Protection?)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2021, 02:10:54 pm »

(Isn’t the gaining a star from Honoka at the end of the turn an effect that would disrupt Mint Protection?)
(Key word is 'activate'. I checked with Supernerd when I got the card. Your mantis activates their effect, while passive effects don't activate, like you shipwreck hermit, or crushclaw. Pretty sure cards that activate on play do break it though.)

(that would make it a terrible counter to Crusade you know. Some cards can't control their effect, hence it being a passive effect. If you don't get a choice, it's passive.)

(Also should have eight Hearts with FP.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:13:24 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4