Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 4  (Read 1831 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 4
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2021, 02:19:01 pm »

"Another all out gamble? You ain't just got guts. . . Yer freakin' tough." Rulao draws a card, and spends a few extra moments than usual gazing at his hand.

Using the star he gained from Diance's Friendship Precure, he plays a new Shipwreck Hermit!

Then, using this opportunity, the copy Isopod deals a measly one damage. Not exactly the force necessary to make her worry in this moment.

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2021, 02:30:07 pm »

Draw. "Not like one has a choice when things are tough. You just have to reach within and push on through."

"With that said, I now have some steady star gen going. I'll thank you not to ruin it. Open, bridge between worlds!"

A flash of yellow. A flash of pink.

"End turn. Another star for me, another chance for you. I am very glad you don't have any powerhouses. Might want to look into that though."

Diance's Field: 7 Hearts, 2 Stars.
7 Cards in hand.

Honoka-san 0/3 [Mint Protection]

[She's still open? What is she planning? Wait, I heard G lost to a kid and his lizard like that.]

:) Times are tough. I wish you luck.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2021, 02:43:51 pm »

"Yeah. . ." He picks through his hand slowly, still annoyed by the useless cards she'd given him, until a sudden realization snaps him to attention. A strategy he'd forgotten, one he'duse to great effect in gym earlier, having his little brain so inundated with last night's monster battle and the tourney.

Before doing anything else, he sets his three powerless Isopods and Frothing Shore on to attack his new Shipwreck Hermit and gather all the treasure they possibly can. Allowing him to draw a fresh new four cards all at once!

With a hand as full as it is, Rulao plays only a single card. "I'll bet it all on the next turn." He rasps.

His Shipwreck Hermit and 1/1 Isopod deal a total of three damage more to Diance. Will her next moves seal or secure her fate?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2021, 02:59:06 pm »

"Wait, can I ask if there is a rule against attacking your own cards? Geeze, if I had known that I would have grabbed another Path." (Also, that would have destroyed all of them. And injured your shore.)

"Well, that ruins things. Cure Black, to the field!"

Diance's Field: 4! Hearts, 1 Stars. Warning, Warning, Warning.
7 Cards in hand.

Cure Black: 7/4

[What's coming? A flip of the coin may decide it here.]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 03:06:53 pm by TricMagic »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2021, 03:09:05 pm »

(( Yeah, no doubt, sorry I forgot to remove them. ))

"Ain't no rule like that. But I almost forgot it anyhow." Rulao lets it off with a chuckle, feeling some levity despite the inner intensity emerging in this first tourney of the Freshman class.

He draws. Then from his now prodigious hand he slams down. . .

Frothing Shore attacks the Shipwreck Hermit, allowing Rulao to draw again. While the Hermit and Isopod are forced to attack Cure Black, leaving her at one health! They remain unharmed, the Rise of the Claw emboldens their shells.

Again, treasure washes up on the Frothing Shore thanks to attacking the Hermit, drawing another card.

Finally, the Isopod finishes off Cure Black, and his Hermit deals two damage, straight to Diance.

"Ya still got a chance." The punk finds himself saying, "Don't give up til' yer hearts are zero. Ya got that!?"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2021, 03:09:50 pm »

The announcer responds to Diance's inquiry. "Attacking your own cards is indeed a legal move. It is important to note that when you attack your own card, retaliation damage still occurs."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2021, 03:16:21 pm »

"You don't need to tell me that, I already know! Draw!"

"Third Star, no cards to flip. But I still get a card."

Draw. "Cure White, to the field!"

"My turn ends, and I gain another star since I didn't have to use her for the reduction."

Diance's Field: 3! Hearts, 1 Stars. Warning, Warning, Warning.
7 Cards in hand.

Cure White: 4/7

[The final outcome? Cure White arrives to defend Diance!]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 03:28:45 pm by TricMagic »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2021, 03:30:02 pm »

Rulao's toothy smile shows, he's joyed to play the villain here so to speak. Not because of some malicious pleasure, but rather lik he's rooting for Diance, as an underdog under pressure. He draws a card, and another thanks to her Friendship Precure.

Unsurprisingly, the punk plays a Cosmic Isopod, gaining another star to himself.

Just for the sake of putting near on his whole deck into his hands, his Frothing shore destroys itself upon the Shipwreck Hermit, giving him another draw.

With those stars, he plays once more the brilliant Symbol of the Crimson Claw.

He doesn't let up, having his copy of an Isopod destroy itself on Cure White, and the Shipwreck Hermit attacks her as well. Leaving them with four hearts remaining!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2021, 03:44:03 pm »

"My heart and Soul is pretty cure. My cards and I are not ones to give up, even against the insurmountable! And you've played into my hand, Shining Star!" The light shines against her hair.

We are Pretty Cure! PreCure: Cure White has been enhanced. For three turns it can't be destroyed OR leave play.

"Show them the power of Friendship! Cure White, destroy his hermit with Shining Star!" Shipwreck Hermit has been destroyed.

Diance's Field: 3 Hearts, 2 Stars.
5 Cards in hand.

Cure White: 4/2 Shining Star!

[A Stunning Ace! She shines all the brighter, the star rising from defeat and rendering the Crimson Claw defunct!] (she did draw this turn. And the star gain.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 03:55:51 pm by TricMagic »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2021, 03:53:35 pm »

(( Does Shining Star B count as quickplay or Surprise Precure? I almost definitely missed something, how do you play both this turn? Just so I know of course. ))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2021, 03:54:01 pm »

... Ah, got away from me.. Opps. Ignore surprise. (Wish they were though given I need to be on the brink to play them.) Still, 3 turns where all you can do is bunker down. That CC isn't going to help. And god help you if Path shows.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 03:57:13 pm by TricMagic »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2021, 04:13:58 pm »

(( Yeah, that would totally elevate the card to a new level. But even so, three turns a long tome for you to turn it around. Especially with a good 4 attack card! As an aside I'm going to guess she can still recieve damage down to zero hearts, just that she won't be destroyed until Shining Star leaves the field? ))

"Yeah. . . YEAH!" Rulao gets positively hyped as Diance survives im style. "I dig the way ya play!" He draws a card, then another for his Shipwreck Hermit's destruction.

Using a star, Rulao places down Kelp Forest of the Deep! A red glow emenates from the swaying sea trees.

With a hefty ten hearts, it stands tall, amidst his near empty field. Immediately Rulao plays yet another Cosmic Isopod! For a star. He then discards an additional card from his oversized hand.

It's a copy! A 1/1 version of another Cosmic Isopod appears on the field, giving the punk one more star for later.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 04:15:40 pm by Unraveller »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2021, 04:43:38 pm »

"Yeah, keeping you from stars at this point is a losing proposition. Open the bridge between dimensions!"

3 cards played face down.

"I get the feeling you wouldn't, but I'll do this anyway."

"Draw!" (Looks.)

"My luck is way too good today. It's the new Shooting Star!" [I swear I'm not cheating here. This is just silly for a 3/14 chance to work out. Well, it's actually 5/13..]

"Reveal, draw, flip. Remove. We know the drill by now~ I'll bet my whole hand on this!"

2 more cards FD. Diance's Hand is nearly empty and 1 star spent, which means. "3 more are added to my deck, bring it to five shooting stars in total."

"Now Cure White, destroy the 1/1 Isopod. We'll leaving the forest for later. If you keep this up she might still be alive in two turns~" Diance teases. He deck isn't nearly as thin as his but.. Well, luck will decide things.

"I also gain a star thanks to Honoka-san's support in these trying times."

Diance's Field: 4 Hearts, 3 Stars.
1 Cards in hand!

Cure White: 4/1 Shining Star!

FD01
FD02
FD04
FD05

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2021, 05:05:20 pm »

Two more cards go into Rulao's hand. His deck is nearly exhausted. "Ain't got nothing to do with luck." He wheezes.

The punk discards a card, using the buffed Kelp Forest's effect. It's a copy of Frothing Shore! Now a 1/1.

"Ain't no way I'll get this things effect without a change." He pays the thought now more mind for now, rather, he spends a star and throws down another Symbol!

"Fer what it's worth. . . Dueling ya is a thousand times more scary than any monster."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2021, 05:11:48 pm »

Draw "I'm still worried though. But at least Cure White is likely to stick around. Well, besides revenge of the shoreline."

"You remember how I said 0 star cards were useless? Higher star cards are too. I'll be burning down your forest now."

"Cure White, take out that first Isopod, and with it the Kelp Forest! Rouge Burning Star!"

Diance's Field: 4 Hearts, 3 Stars.
1 Cards in hand

Cure White: 4/1 Shining Star!

FD01
FD02
FD04
FD05

(My bet didn't pan out it seems. If I had gotten shooting star, Cure White would have stuck around for another turn.)

GM, when does Shining Star end? On my third turn's end, or the start of my fourth? Good night by the way.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 05:13:31 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4