Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14  (Read 25735 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2021, 03:33:45 am »

Dr. Unpleasant: Very unpleasant. Reminds me of Scrooge from A Christmas Carol.
Sounds right, as Dr. Unpleasant isn't very pleasant to be around.

Also I'm interested in more info about that Echidna.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2021, 07:01:01 am »

Sorry I missed that/those turn/s. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I summon thirteen bone shields and animate twelve skeletons.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 11:28:58 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2021, 07:08:30 am »

(He made the continent of monsters, And in mythology, Echidna refers to the mother of monsters in Greek myth.)
((What's funny is that my backup character for this game was basically this, plus a lot of morphing of bodyparts. I'm actually kinda really sad i didn't get to play that character, in the end, i think it would have been fun.
I think you would of either loved or hated the character, Naturegirl, with all the bio stuff. I'm actually hoping either another forum game comes along, or this one will get a rerun after it's conclusion, where she will fit in and i can run her. Though she might well get rejected from EVERY game, being pretty much 100% body horror + squick of every kind, even if i planned to give her a cutsey, fluffy wrapping.
She might damn well need her own FG.))

EDIT:
I summon thirteen bone spears and imbue them with destructive energy.
((Didn't you do this exact action last turn? Did you use your previous turn as a template and forgot to change the action?))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2021, 10:31:51 am »

If I did, could you please quote the turn where I did it?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2021, 10:35:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I draw bones out of the earth, form them into thirteen spears, imbue them with destructive energy, and grab one.

On page 5.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2021, 10:55:10 am »

Echidna facts

Echidna, along with her consort Typhon, is the source of many monsters found within the stories of Greek mythology. She is a hybrid monster and a combination of a regular woman and a snake. She found true love with a monstrous, serpentine giant named Typhoon, who was often referred to as one of the most dangerous creatures in Greek mythology.

Although both Echidna and Typhon were fearsome, they also had plenty of children, and each were monsters in their own right. There are multiple stories that involve their offspring, and people grew to fear both the parents and their children.

What Echidna Looks Like:

Echidna is characterized as a hybrid of gorgeous nymph up to one half and fearsome, deadly snake on the other half, with a taste for raw meat and whom was without worry of death or aging (in some accounts). Aristophanes’ account of her looks mentions that Echidna had 100 heads, likely to complement the 100 heads of Typhon. She was known for her hybrid appearance of being half woman and have snake. The upper portion of her appearance is said to resemble that of a woman’s and the lower is said to resemble a snake.

Children of Echidna and Typhon:

Echidna and Typhon were quite an amorous couple and produced somewhere between nine to 11 different monsters, depending on the source one goes by. This list of monstrous offspring includes the following, listed from oldest to youngest.

Orthrus. This monster was a two-headed dog tasked with guarding the giant Geryon’s cattle.

Cerberus. He is a three-headed dog with a snake for a tail tasked with guarding the gates to the Underworld.

The Hydra. Its lair was a lake found near a gate to the Underworld.

Chimera. The fire-breathing amalgam of lion, goat and snake existed solely to caus chaos in Lycia.

The Sphinx. This hybrid creature guarded the city of Thebes, posing riddles that demanded a correct answer or death at the Sphinx’s jaws.

The Nemean Lion. This lion had an impervious hide.

The Caucasian Eagle. This creature would eat at Prometheus’ regenerating flesh each day while he was bound to the Caucasus Mountains.

Ladon. A serpentine dragon tasked with guarding the golden apples within the Garden of Hesperides.
The Crommyonian Sow. A monstrous sow that tormented the villagers of Crommyon.

Gorgon. A snake-woman who later birthed Medusa.

The Colchian Dragon. A dragon that guarded the golden fleece without needing to ever sleep.

Scylla. A sea-monster and counterpart to the monstrous whirlpool Charybdis.

Echidna was a frightful hybrid of an entity with an even more frightful family tree. Typhon and she produced nearly a dozen monsters, many of whom were slain by the heroes of myth. This snake-nymph hybrid loved her monstrous serpent of a mate, the monstrous children they made together and the taste of raw flesh.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2021, 11:03:22 am »

Typhoon Facts

Ancient Greeks believed that Mt. Etna was the way it is was because Typhoon was imprisoned under it.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2021, 11:37:12 am »

(( This is now a Greek Mythos facts thread. Forget that dumb Throne stuff! ))
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2021, 12:03:59 pm »

((Both can coexist, so long as it’s either established that the Greek facts are OOC or someone joins and somehow incorporates Greek mythology in their character/magic. Also I love how the creatures in Gree’ mythology have a clear family tree. I read a book once that mentioned the deities’ family tree too. Do other mythologies involve such family trees? I find them interesting.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2021, 12:08:53 pm »

Well, this is going to be fun~ (Don't go throwing greek into my ideas, even if I did plan to make a foodsource next turn. And sea monsters will eventually spill into the sea on their own too.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2021, 12:21:59 pm »

((We’re not shoving Greek into your ideas, just dispensing facts and in my case, mentioning that said facts can be said OOC or incorporated, there is no forcing incorporation if these facts about myths to anyone))

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2021, 12:25:33 pm »

((Both can coexist, so long as it’s either established that the Greek facts are OOC or someone joins and somehow incorporates Greek mythology in their character/magic. Also I love how the creatures in Gree’ mythology have a clear family tree. I read a book once that mentioned the deities’ family tree too. Do other mythologies involve such family trees? I find them interesting.))

Yeah a lot of the Norse stuff is like this as well. Though i'm not super into mythology stuff, so i couldn't tell you more. That said... Yup this is completely offtopic and completely Knightwing64's fault for mentioning Echidna in the first place :P
As far as including stuff from existing mythology... Ehh not a fan. I like to create new things not tread old ground. At most i'd draw inspiration, and as little as possible, but that's just me. *shrug*

Update tonight, right Unraveller? I'm not sure how much more i can bear of this lmao. I just hope Yellow Pixels gets his turn in within a reasonable time... It's quite odd he didn't post yesterday.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2021, 12:46:26 pm »

"Chunky and yellow. That is a castle how I like them. But it is quite empty, I must admit."

"So I must find, or rather create, some new gentle compeers to inhabit and protect it. And they shall be: pixel falcons."

"Yes, falcons, who shall form a falcon squadron. This sounds right. But I don't want them to be small ones. I want them to be as big as my magic can enable! And not yellow this time, but simply falcon-colored."

"Also, to provide them food, I will build a Happiness Feeder that I will put in the castle!"

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2021, 01:04:54 pm »

(( There it is, ha! I'm going to start writing soon, though I have a pre-ordained obligation tonight, so if it doesn't get finished between now and then, it'll be posted early tomorrow! ))
I've lost control of my life.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2021, 01:10:29 pm »

Yeah a lot of the Norse stuff is like this as well. Though i'm not super into mythology stuff, so i couldn't tell you more. That said... Yup this is completely offtopic and completely Knightwing64's fault for mentioning Echidna in the first place :P
As far as including stuff from existing mythology... Ehh not a fan. I like to create new things not tread old ground. At most i'd draw inspiration, and as little as possible, but that's just me. *shrug*

Update tonight, right Unraveller? I'm not sure how much more i can bear of this lmao. I just hope Yellow Pixels gets his turn in within a reasonable time... It's quite odd he didn't post yesterday.

(I plead the 5th.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38