Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14  (Read 25692 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2021, 07:30:30 pm »

Assuming transport success
Use magic to reach as deep as I can into the ground, trying to find something like dormant spores, or what’s left of corpses, etc. if this is successful, set magic markings where they are, then cast a spell on the sapling to accelerate root growth to allow it to reach the marks placed by the previous spell
((I won’t be surprised if this takes multiple turns, one of the spells effectively is scrying underground while marking areas, which is 2 spells right there, then there is accelerating the roots so they grow towards the marks, which could be either one spell or 2 depending on if making roots grow towards the marks I set is part of the acceleration spell))
Hello Clesydros. I’m going to look into the ground using magic, think of it like scrying but being able to mark things. I will be looking for things like dormant spores/seeds or the remnants of corpses, likely bones by this point, you’d be surprised how hardy fungal spores are, anyway, when I find these things, I will mark them with a kind of magnet, that I will lead the tree roots towards. Whether or not accelerating root growth and guiding said root growth towards the marks depends on how well I can do two different types of spells in parallel. I know I can do multiple spells in a short time frame if they’re similar enough, but helping roots grow, guiding them towards markings placed by a previous spell, setting the marks in the first place, I’m not entirely sure if it’s possible to scry underground…maybe I could temporarily turn my feet into roots to do the searching, then connect the roots to the sapling, then disconnect myself from the sapling while regrowing my feet might be an alternate way of achieving this if this first plan backfires((the alternate plan will wait until next turn, need to go with plan A and see how it goes before trying plan B))

Assuming transport failure scenario 1: (Not leaving my island)

Create fungi on my island so that carcasses decay faster and so the grasshoppers have a more varied diet, make sure the fungi are necrophages to avoid them parasitizing the entire ecosystem
Grasshoppers can eat fungi, I checked. Though they prefer grass and green leaves, in the case that the fungi start eating the grass while it’s alive, the grasshoppers will still be able to eat something, which in turn ensures the mantids will survive too

Assuming transport failure scenario 2: (Transported inside of ground/wall/tree/other solid)

Attempt to transport to a spot that hopefully isn’t me getting stuck in a solid, this spell needs to be quick so I don’t suffocate/get crushed to death so spending time to concentrate of a specific area might not be an option
((thinking like a life mage, am not a spatial mage))

Assuming Transport Scenario 3: (teleported not to Cledydros but also not stuck in a solid)
Since I’m not where Clesydros is, and I’m not as pressed for time as I would be if this failed in a different way, I have time to focus on teleporting to my island specifically

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2021, 08:10:00 pm »

Amon has a temper tantrum!

ARGGHHH! What’s wrong with my magic, It worked fine before! I HATE THIS I HATE THIS I HATE I HA-

Wait a second, That’s it, My magic hasn’t been working because I hadn’t been engaged in what I was doing! I was bored!

Amon jumps around in excitement! He’s finally figured it out! From the day he first got here, It was bad roll after roll (slight meta), But now, It’s done!

Amon bounces in place as he imbues the concept of Living, Loyal, Assimilation, Adaptation, Mutation and power into everything he can see! Plus, Of course, CHAOS!

(Maybe the problem with my rolls is I haven’t been thinking chaotically enough. I’ll work on that.)

Amon also continues to tell the gazelings to EVOLVE. This is getting boring!

(Not giving up on the gazelings!  :) )
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 08:12:55 pm by Knightwing64 »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2021, 03:15:30 am »

((Alright, i've updated my previous post with my turn.))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2021, 06:15:02 am »

Clesydros is studying one of the outcroppings of Timecrystal, his hand on his chin, stroking his goatee.
"Hmm... They seem to have no notable properties at all, save for one. I was correct in my hypothesis that the Timecrystals might come to grow by themselves. It means they are not completely inert, and i suspect any magical energy they exude is absorbed within the leafings of the past, but it makes them close enough to living to matter. The apparent inertness of the Timecrystals, save for their growth, is not a shortcoming, but a boon. A perfect blank slate on which to conduct further experiments. And i already have many ambitious plans in mind. Alas, they'll have to wait, i should deal with the matter of the sapling now, with transporting Maria to this place."

"Form a circle! Sixteen paces from the mark! Face inward."
Clesydros orders some of his Kurovios, commanding them for the first time.

"I need to be prepared for the possibility of unfriendly entities being brought here along with Maria, accidentally. Surely she hasn't been sitting idle, and has things on her side that might pose a threat. It also accounts for the possibility of her bringing dangerous fiends intentionally with the aim to attack. Although, if she intends to betray me, she had better make sure she strikes me down with a single one. She wouldn't have time for another. I feel i've mitigated the risks enough that i'm willing to entrust her with the Slate, temporarily."

"It is time to begin the translocation process, this will be a rather delicate affair. In short by using her provided direction and distance to the Throne, as well as my own, plus the strength of her own magical signature at the time of telepathic communicatin to determine my distance to her, i can triangulate her position with a high degree of accuracy. In addition, using the relative angles of the sun to the Throne, both mine and her's, i can further refine the positional accuracy. Finally by including the curvature of the world in my calculations, there will only be one one point in three-dimensional space corresponding to the present variables which will coincide with a position on the surface. Her position. Simply put, i know where she is, because i know where she is not!"

"Once we're finished, i shall send her back where she came from, assuming she returns the slate to me as well."

"By combining the coordinates derived and the strength of her magical signature, i know it now...  I will focus on it...  Feeling along the invisible thread with spatial magic... Until it reaches it's strongest and then... Pull!"

. . .

| Clesydros | Time/Space Mystic |
| 5/5 | MGT:1 SKL:5 HRD:2 WIL:2 |
| (++) Time Magic | (+) Space Magic | (+) All Magic |
Spoiler: Clesydros(full sheet) (click to show/hide)

Subordinates:
| POP SMALL | Kruovios | 3/2 HUMAN SIZE | DIAMOND HUMANOID |
| 5/5 | MGT:4 SKL:0 HRD:6 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | LIFELESS FORM |
Spoiler: Kruovios(Full Sheet) (click to show/hide)

((Hopefully i didn't write complete gobbeldygook and it sounds at least vaguely plausible. You should probably resolve my turn before NG's so that you only have to write one outcome.

Also, i would have thought the Timecrystals would be the same green as Cleydros' magic, owing to their infusion with said magic. Its up to you to choose whether you keep them as is or change them.
Also also, i would have thought their creation would have resulted likewise in creation of my own biome/whatever, like Naturegirl and Yellow Pixel have. Or is that going to come later? Once the crystals wholly overtake the island?

P.S. we Tiberium now... oh just kidding. :P))

Imma call you Doctor Who.  :D

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2021, 06:20:50 am »

((You have no idea how many times i've had Clesydros call himself a 'Timelord' in initial mental drafts of my posts... Even though i've never actually watched Doctor Who... I only really know some of the most surface-level memes regarding it.))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2021, 06:40:50 am »

"Not fast enough." The Apparition thinks. It creates some more, smaller nodes some distances away, then connects them to the main node, so that its territory advances faster and wider.

But then it grows bored, and goes around to collect bones. Not to absorb or anything, just to pass time as its
territory grows.

((make bebe nodes and collect bones))
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2021, 07:43:01 am »

((You have no idea how many times i've had Clesydros call himself a 'Timelord' in initial mental drafts of my posts... Even though i've never actually watched Doctor Who... I only really know some of the most surface-level memes regarding it.))

(lol, You should build a Tardis and say that all great time wizards have to have a tardis. And after that, You’ll get killed by a strange machine called a Dalek. Plot goals.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2021, 09:15:17 am »

"They are better than expected, but if there were once people here that must mean that there was once a civilization of some form here and if I could find it I could potentially exploit what's left of it!"
Have my minions start digging where the Enkindled Ones emerged from and have them alert me to anything they find that isn't ash or dirt.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2021, 09:21:57 am »

Clesydros is studying one of the outcroppings of Timecrystal, his hand on his chin, stroking his goatee.
"Hmm... They seem to have no notable properties at all, save for one. I was correct in my hypothesis that the Timecrystals might come to grow by themselves. It means they are not completely inert, and i suspect any magical energy they exude is absorbed within the leafings of the past, but it makes them close enough to living to matter. The apparent inertness of the Timecrystals, save for their growth, is not a shortcoming, but a boon. A perfect blank slate on which to conduct further experiments. And i already have many ambitious plans in mind. Alas, they'll have to wait, i should deal with the matter of the sapling now, with transporting Maria to this place."

"Form a circle! Sixteen paces from the mark! Face inward."
Clesydros orders some of his Kurovios, commanding them for the first time.

"I need to be prepared for the possibility of unfriendly entities being brought here along with Maria, accidentally. Surely she hasn't been sitting idle, and has things on her side that might pose a threat. It also accounts for the possibility of her bringing dangerous fiends intentionally with the aim to attack. Although, if she intends to betray me, she had better make sure she strikes me down with a single one. She wouldn't have time for another. I feel i've mitigated the risks enough that i'm willing to entrust her with the Slate, temporarily."

"It is time to begin the translocation process, this will be a rather delicate affair. In short by using her provided direction and distance to the Throne, as well as my own, plus the strength of her own magical signature at the time of telepathic communicatin to determine my distance to her, i can triangulate her position with a high degree of accuracy. In addition, using the relative angles of the sun to the Throne, both mine and her's, i can further refine the positional accuracy. Finally by including the curvature of the world in my calculations, there will only be one one point in three-dimensional space corresponding to the present variables which will coincide with a position on the surface. Her position. Simply put, i know where she is, because i know where she is not!"

"Once we're finished, i shall send her back where she came from, assuming she returns the slate to me as well."

"By combining the coordinates derived and the strength of her magical signature, i know it now...  I will focus on it...  Feeling along the invisible thread with spatial magic... Until it reaches it's strongest and then... Pull!"

. . .

| Clesydros | Time/Space Mystic |
| 5/5 | MGT:1 SKL:5 HRD:2 WIL:2 |
| (++) Time Magic | (+) Space Magic | (+) All Magic |
Spoiler: Clesydros(full sheet) (click to show/hide)

Subordinates:
| POP SMALL | Kruovios | 3/2 HUMAN SIZE | DIAMOND HUMANOID |
| 5/5 | MGT:4 SKL:0 HRD:6 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | LIFELESS FORM |
Spoiler: Kruovios(Full Sheet) (click to show/hide)

((Hopefully i didn't write complete gobbeldygook and it sounds at least vaguely plausible. You should probably resolve my turn before NG's so that you only have to write one outcome.

Also, i would have thought the Timecrystals would be the same green as Cleydros' magic, owing to their infusion with said magic. Its up to you to choose whether you keep them as is or change them.
Also also, i would have thought their creation would have resulted likewise in creation of my own biome/whatever, like Naturegirl and Yellow Pixel have. Or is that going to come later? Once the crystals wholly overtake the island?

P.S. we Tiberium now... oh just kidding. :P))
((I agree that Clesydros’s turn should be resolved before mine so only one scenario need be written))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2021, 12:07:55 pm »

(So, Imma put a brief overview of our characters here out of funzies.

Amon: Fake man child with relations to Khaos from skylanders?

Clesydros: Wannabe time lord without the tardis.

Dr. Unpleasant: Very unpleasant. Reminds me of Scrooge from A Christmas Carol.

Yellow Pixel: Childhood incarnate. Is Donkey Kong’s banana supplier.

Hood: Spooky necromancer guy.

?: Creepy monster dude with mysterious backstory. Relations to Echidna?

The Shapeless Apparition: A Necromorph.

Maria: Nature lady, Is besties with the wannabe timelord.

I think I did awesome!  :) )

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2021, 12:41:31 pm »

((Sounds right, also what do egg laying mammals have to do with darkness?))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2021, 01:40:51 pm »

(He made the continent of monsters, And in mythology, Echidna refers to the mother of monsters in Greek myth. For more information, This is something off wiki.)

( “Echidna was a half-woman, half-snake creature in Greek mythology, also known as the "mother of all monsters", as she gave birth to most of the Greek mythical creatures. She was the wife of Typhon, who was the "father of all monsters" and the most fearsome and dangerous monster in said mythology. Both she and her husband were the children of Gaia and Tartarus.” )

(Gaia is the earth and Tartarus is basically a hole that leads to hell, It’s sentient.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 01:45:30 pm by Knightwing64 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2021, 01:43:12 pm »

(He made the continent of monsters, And in mythology, Echidna refers to the mother of monsters in Greek myth.)
((oh, thanks for clarifying. Does Echidna happen to also be accosiatiated with echidnas, like Aphrodite turning a woman into a spider?))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2021, 01:46:08 pm »

(He made the continent of monsters, And in mythology, Echidna refers to the mother of monsters in Greek myth.)
((oh, thanks for clarifying. Does Echidna happen to also be accosiatiated with echidnas, like Aphrodite turning a woman into a spider?))

(No, Not really. Though I did add more info if your curious.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2021, 01:48:29 pm »

(No, Not really. Though I did add more info if your curious.)
((please do, maybe in PMs though, unless anyone else would also like to learn about Echidna, Mother of all Monsters? her genome must be very very diverse for the many different forms her offspring have taken))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38