Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14  (Read 25704 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2021, 07:58:39 am »

"Excellent these steeds shall make my army even stronger, but I feel I could use even more troops and while I could make more by hand I realize that in my haste to create an army I've missed one important thing, the entire island is covered in ash and while some of it could have come from the volcano I highly doubt that it all came from it, so something else was most likely burned to create it and with my powers I feel that I could use whatever used to live here to bolster my numbers!"
Use my powers over death the raise the dead of this island from their ashen tombs to serve me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2021, 08:36:35 am »

His arms crossed, Clesydros looks upon the small, weak sapling.
"This little thing, frail and ailing, yet i cannot help but be fascinated by it and it's possible fate.
It's discovery has inevitably changed my plans. It is unfortunate when the course of time is stopped, the relentless march forward halted, by a single sapling.
That i cannot trivially tell what the fate is to be, is cause for concern. Is it some manner of magic prevents me from doing so, or is it just another thing of this world stuck in an eternal stasis?
Perhaps the moment has arrived, where i should take the risk to cooperate with another of the Mystics. The girl with foliage woven into her hair... It does not need the greatest magi to determine that she, is intertwined with nature. Perhaps she will be able and willing to help the poor thing. It should be a simple matter to send her a message via magic."

Clesydros concentrates, focusing on the face of the one he saw stood atop the pillar, the one with leaves in her hair.

Message to Maria “Habitat” Violet(Naturegirl1999)

"Greetings. Hopefully this message finds you well, the one with leaves in her hair. Perhaps you are a dryad, a spirit of nature, or simply the greatest gardener of your world, i do not know, but that you must have great power to be here. And i hope a gentle heart as well. I, am Clesydros. Once the greatest mage of time of my world.
I have chanced upon a thing most curious and saddening. A single anomalous sapling, barely clinging to life. In any place other than this, it would hold no significance, but here? Things are different, and it refuses to tell of it's future to me.
I thought that you might be someone that would like to see it be brought back to life. I certainly do, yet i do not know what it is that compels me to care for it.

Therefore, i shall make an offer: If you are willing to make an attempt to help it, no matter the outcome, i shall be in your debt... I am sure there will come a time, when you will need more time. And then i, Clesydros,  will able to aid you.
You should not worry about the transport. I have already devised a way to accurately bring you here. Surely you feel the Throne, right? I would merely need to know the direction and strength of the power you feel emanating from it... What do you say, would you be willing to try to help the small sapling?"

With the message sent on it's way, and he awaits the correspondence from the recipient, Clesydros turns his attention back to his plans, having come up with a new idea for growing usable materials, from the fabric of the past.

"The recovery of the island did not go as well as i had hoped, and only time will tell what will become of the sapling. However, since the creation of the Kruovios, i've had time in earnest to mull on the technique used to create them, and realize that while exceptional as a prototype, are unsuitable for large-scale production, requiring great effort and material from present to create. It seems, however that i've forgotten that i am a mage of time, and i have aeons of the material used to create them, already superimposed on top of itself in time.

Never have i thought of trying such a thing. Truly, after overcoming the initial shock at the state of this world, it has instead become a bounty of inspiration for extraordinary new ideas."

"Using my time magic i shall grow large, magical crystal clusters from the ground and imbue them with time magic as i grow them. 'Time Crystals' seems like an apt name."

"To do so, i will take the dust and ashes from the past, already in the same space and progressively add onto the crystal more and more of it, further and further from the past, therefore "growing" the crystals "backwards" through time. It seems rather poetic that ordinary crystals grow with time, then that magical time crystals grow with backwards time.
Since the technique has never been tried before, i do not know what the properties of such time crystals will be. This technique will also not be a finessed one like that which i used to produce the Kruovios, it is one intended for mass production of usable material or subordinates. If all goes extraordinarily well, the crystals might produce a self-sustaining reaction, in which they will grow without my intervention."

| Clesydros | Time/Space Mystic |
| 5/5 | MGT:1 SKL:5 HRD:2 WIL:2 |
| (++) Time Magic | (+) Space Magic | (+) All Magic |
Spoiler: Clesydros(full sheet) (click to show/hide)

Subordinates:
| POP SMALL | Kruovios | 3/2 HUMAN SIZE | DIAMOND HUMANOID |
| 5/5 | MGT:4 SKL:0 HRD:6 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | LIFELESS FORM |
Spoiler: Kruovios(Full Sheet) (click to show/hide)

((I'm sorry for the (incredibly) lame writing. It's hard to concentrate when you've got people blabbering loudly in the room next to you...))
((Also, if the little trade goes through. It'll be next turn.))

(Don’t say that! Your writing is the opposite of lame! It’s so detailed! Honestly, I think you have the best writing out of all of us.)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2021, 08:52:41 am »

The sudden appearance of these fossilised remains of yore have taken Apparition's interest. It inspects their shapes and engravings, compositions and geometries.

After its little archeological expedition, Apparition lays still, and creates a ''Fluid Node'', a pulsating cluster of its own matter that shall keep the small assimilated zone stable, and act as a autonomous, yet slow means of further local growth.

Inspect the Fossils (physical)

Make a mini-lobotomised me.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2021, 11:30:39 am »

Spoiler: message (click to show/hide)
Maria heard a voice from another mystic, who said his name was Clesydros, she sent her response ”Hi Clesydros, my name’s Maria. I’m glad to know that life is starting to grow in other locations. I’m glad to help. As for where I am relative to the throne, I’m directly north of the northeast pillar. I’m telling you this because you mentioned transporting me there. I don’t know how that’ll work but it seems dangerous”

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2021, 11:36:42 am »

(Amon here kicking rocks and being lonely. His only friends are a giant freaking rock that’s heading towards a magic chair and a bunch of rolling balls. Oof)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2021, 12:10:15 pm »

Spoiler: message (click to show/hide)
A message is returned, and Clesydros sends another.
"I am very grateful that you've even considered helping, Maria. As for the matter of transportation, as i said in my initial message, you need not to worry about. Let me be the one to worry about getting you here safely, the relatively simple but extremely delicate mathematics required to do so. As for the sapling itself, i have much doubt it has sprouted recently, rather it has likely been there for untold ages. We shall finalize this once we both finish our current doings."

((Also, Unraveller, 2 questions:
You've made frequent mentions the world's sun. Does it rise straight in east and set in the west, or is it/the world at some tilt? ...Just asking.
If this collaboration goes through, i would ALLOW NG to USE the First Slate for her action. Is this permitted? It seems like a thing one could just pass back and forth as desired to gain the bonus, but what's your ruling on this?))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2021, 12:02:36 pm »

(( Due to some busyness, I've no issues waiting for Yellow Pixel and TricMagic's actions this turn. Depending on when they get to it. ))

(( As for the star above, it is a classic rising/setting motion. It's massiveness seems to bathe the entire world as it comes and goes. So assumedly this is only a small section of this world, or there is simply a vast nothingness beyond the horizon. Also the only caveat of using the Slate is that it must be held by the caster, nothing more, nothing less. As long as Clesydros allows her to grasp it, she would gain the +1. Of course, one must careful. Never know when someone might steal a powerful ancient artifact of magick. C:  ))
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2021, 01:01:52 pm »

After some silted talk with this friend, ? not being good at such things, they send their new champion to the Warren's Den, to take command of the forces there.

They meanwhile focus their work on spreading the Abyssal energy under the earth, Leylines some would call them. The energy of the abyss flows strongly into the Continent of Monsters, allowing ? to perform great works from their seat. An imitation of the Cosmic Throne, but even a pale imitation is an immense advantage in shaping the world. From the Abyssal Seat in the Keep of Black Apathy, ? observes the entire continent, ready to use it as her focus.

And likewise, keep this 'bond' so this new friend is not alone on her travels across this continent.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 06:03:58 pm by TricMagic »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2021, 03:59:48 pm »

After some silted talk, ? not being good at such things, they send their new champion to the Warren's Den, to take command of the forces there.

Thwey meanwhile focus their work on spreading the Abyssal energy under the earth, Leylines some would call them. The energy of the abyss flows strongly into the Continent of Monsters, allowing ? to perform great works from their seat. An imitation of the Cosmic Throne, but even a pale imitation is an immense advantage in shaping the world. From the Abyssal Seat in the Keep of Black Apathy, ? observes the entire continent, ready to use it as her focus.
Are you gonna bold which parts are actions? To limit GM confusion?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2021, 05:12:53 pm »

Talking to the .squirrels:

"Ahh... Beauty is beginning to embed with the world... But I can feel some unpleasant magicks growing nearby..."

"I think it's time to prepare the defense of our territory!"

"So I shall build a yellow pixel castle to divide the tail of the Squirrel Island from the rest of its body!"

"And we shall call it... The Banana Castle!"
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:21:50 pm by Yellow Pixel »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2021, 05:42:04 pm »

(By the way, Unraveller, Do you mind telling me what your thoughts and hopes for my character are? I’ve been thinking about leaving some information in my posts to create some semblance of backstory/plot so I would really appreciate it if you gave your two cents. :)))

Edit: (Dang, Posting on mobile is hard.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:43:40 pm by Knightwing64 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2021, 09:03:25 am »

(( Try making almost all of your posts on mobile. Haha. It's !!FUN!! Also Knightwing, if you believe I have some intricate grand scheme here, you've heavily overestimated me. I encourage you to work out a lot of that info for yourself, it's better that way. Regardless, anything you do give me, will help write your sctions s bit more personally. But more specifically, Amon seems like a definite wildcard here, I enjoy his blatant disregard for the gravity of the situation he's found himself in, and whether that proves detrimental, or only emboldens his spreading of chaotic beasts and play-mates to harrow the other Mystics, who can say? Obviously a certain arrogance tends to come from power, and each one of you are quite powerful indeed. The Cosmic Throne draws in people just like Amon, the kind that would relish imparting his will across all of creation.

Anyway, provided nothing crazy happens as has been the last few days, I'll have a post tonight! ))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 04:36:11 pm by Unraveller »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2021, 06:03:46 pm »

TURN FOUR

Armies gather,
Forces converge,
Whenst the first,
battle emerge?

- Amon -

FATE'S DECISION - GAZELING EVOLUTION - 1d10 - 4 (Lack of stimuli) + 2 (Chaotic Nature) = 1
FATE'S DECISION - IMBUING POWER - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 4
FATE'S DECISION - IMBUING CONTROL - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 3
FATE'S DECISION - IMBUING ADAPTATION - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 6

The sea breeze has picked up as the Beast of Basalt beings to work double-time to move your isle through the sea. So much so that it draws your attention, looking onward, the creature of stone's back legs seemed to have twisted in on themselves, and continuously untwist to paddle forward like some form of propeller. Amusing indeed, it won't be long now before you're before the Cosmic Throne again, should you continue to ride this island. Meanwhile it seems your command of evolution falls upon deaf ears, the little orbs of flesh and eyeball remain mostly inert, almost depressed as your voice washes across them, now they can barely even look upon you, their creator. It's undoubtable that they require food for thought.

Still, you might as well toy with their genome as you enjoy this little ride, right? So you heft the nearest Gazeling and bend your will upon it once more! Power. . . A concept that feels as distant as possible for these seemingly useless little abominations, the word doesn't quite seem to stick. It's the same for Control, anathema to the chaos imbued therein. However. . . When you speak the word Adaptation, they seem to perk up. It's a concept already within the Gazelings, but you empower it, even if just a little. Not long after, a few more of the chaotic little fleshballs fall into the sea, only these left behind seem to immediately elongate and disappear in the waters. You're uncertain of their precise fate, but it seems that at least as made a change amongst them.

- Maria 'Habitat' Violet -

FATE'S DESCISION - SCRYING - 1d10 + 2 (Willpower) - 1 (Target's Willpower) = 9

Chitin crunches around you, digestive juices flow, bodies fall to decay feeding the long grasses, in turn the grasses feed the cycle. It's a simple biome, but one that you're rather confident in, the stability is there, even were it to take over the entirety of this island. Unless something drastic were to happen of course. You look to the smallest puddle extend in the mud, clear as it is. Bending your mind upon, you drop a single leaf therein, it twirls, it dances, moving about the water casting an image within it.

The miniscule pool darkens, yet no shade has been cast upon it. A figure you see emerges from the infinite nothing, they stand looking out across a sea of murk. Brilliant locks of pure white nearly reach the earth from their head. Upon their castle; bricks of dark matter, mortar of the void, they weave magicks beyond the veil of this world, anathema to both creation and destruction. You are not certain what precisely to make of it, yet then two images more appear to you. Upon the shore where a man wreathed in spirits climbs, the sea churns wildly full of splothches, no telling what lurks below. Then to the northwest, just across from the isle you stand upon is an unending burrow. A hole from which pestilence festers forth. . .

Those images subside, it would seem deep in the great continent of fossils, amidst a labyrinth 'neath the earth an army swells. The seemingly humble words of Clesydros, that timekeeper, rest in your mind. You accept his offer, but knowing this Cosmic Game's ultimate goal, there's an air of worry about it. Even if your ecncounter goes well, who's to say you won't slit one another's throats a day or two hereon?

- Clesydros -

FATE'S DESCISION - TIME CRYSTALS - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) + 1 (The First Slate) = 13!

The dryad, or wyld woman, or whatever designations she answers to, her voice is genuine as it reaches you. Or so it sounds. Perhaps when it comes down to it, you'll wield spatial powers empowered by the Tablet and send her away from this place rather than having to destroy her. . . Perhaps not. That consideration brings the thought forward; how intensely unlikely an event it is that eight different Mystics from disparate realities have come to this Nameless World seeking all the same thing. Surely there must be an arbiter of some kind toying with the lot of you? A powerful one at that.

You cast such aspersions aside and refocus. There on the well-striped land you bring the First Slate forward, as it channels your very being Clesydros, it crackles, the air itself distorts around it. Those sunken eyes of yours glimspe into the aeons past where all is this dry nothingness, and through that gaze your plan is made whole. Each of a thousand, of a hundred thousand passings of the red sun above more and more of that dusty land accumulates upon itself. To your waking eyes, a strange shifting of the earth here and there about yourself first piles of nothing but dirt, no, they were always a glistening stone. But. . . That can't be true, sharp crystalline structures had always peaked out across this island like little bushes frozen in time.

Having sent such powerful magicks into the exponentially distant past, you shake yourself, steady yourself, center yourself in this time, in this place. Shedding false memeories you gaze upon the structures with intent as their shapes remain unstable. More opaque, than the glorious Kruovios, yet seemingly just as perfect. They are most definitely inert, at least no active arcane signature emenates from them scattered about. These Time Crystals however grow continuosly at a noticable rate in-fact, and may just take over this island in its entirety. It seems that with the power of creation that the slate holds, the echoes of your spell have continued reverberating into the ancient past, and even more so. If it continues unceasingly. . . There's no way of telling what effects the spell might have in the future. Still, you are satisfied, a field of materials with which to work with, crops of luminous stone that they are.

- Hood -

FATE'S DESCISION - THIRTEEN SPEARS - 1d10 + 1 (Secondary Aspect) = 6

You've no time to waste gawking at this place, having just reclaimed some semblance of a life from the infinite void between worlds. Ever the pragmatic one that you are, the first thought that crosses your mind is protection, coming in the form of wailing spirits now wrapping and rounding your body. The second is the power to destroy any foe that crosses your path. To that end you extend your hand above the timeworn shore, certain to find the fossils of life long, long ago. With a single push of mystic energy, a radar's pulse, detects that which you seek. In moments after a short rumble below, an elongated spine of a once great beast juts from the loose rock and sand. Then another, and eleven yet more, each built with countless parts of beasts and men damned hundred, or thousands of life times ago. You care little of the stories they carry, seeking only the most grave of implements.

It makes itself known to you, one built of two parts, two blade-like prongs dulled by aeons in the earth, and nearly a foot taller than yourself. To this you extend one finger, that erupts with a crimson shadow, enveloping your chosen tool. Satisfied, you heft the twin spear of bone upward, its touch stings at your hands, and set it upon the land. Its mere graze blasts apart the loose rubble of the shore. It is then that you feel eyes upon you, glittering topazes just beneath the dark swelling sea, all gazing upon you.

- Dr. Unpleasant -

FATE'S DESCISION - RAISING THE DEAD - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 10!

More than the mere common dead dwell here beneath the soot and ash, of this you are most certain. Indeed you intend to find out exactly what the feeling is that tingles your bones walking across this desecrated place. As your idols of ash stoically surround you as a vanguard upon their stone steeds, you allow your gaze to set upon the land much as the red giant above is. This is a wasteland awash in decay, rather in the decay of decay. You bring both hands forward and are determined to harness this energy. And so you do.

Focusing your magick about the husks buried deep in the earth, you force both hands upward, splitting the ground and thrusting these ashen coffins forth. The dust settles, revealing the calcified statue-like bodies of those who dwelt here in times long gone. Little, stout men who stand no greater than your stomach in height, each and all their faces are twisted into shapes of agony, terror, and surprise. Yet more interesting still is that their gray dusty bodies still crackle like embers, like the forlorn children of a great blaze. They're hot to the touch, in-fact the simply act of raising their bodies forth seems to have heated up the land considerably.

With a number well-exceeding your vanguard, your army is beginning to truly swell. With a single, swift movement, you strip the false life given to an Ashen Idol and split it into each of the stout figures. They burn to life with only the purpose of serving you Dr. Unpleasant.

Spoiler: Enkindled Ones (click to show/hide)

- The Shapeless Apparition -

FATE'S DESCISION - MINI-ME - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 8

Here and there, as your strange form burrows it absorbs more than mere mass and earth, knowledge is just as powerful, if not moreso. But this alien creature does not do it through sight persay, rather, your form envelopes relics of olde, canvassing for all that you can glean. Fine masonry eroded by the march of time, marble pillars nigh on crumbled to dust, tins and plates of copper; all telling the tale of a civilization buried beneath the earth. It isn't too long after your body comes across scattered and eaten away bones of the creatures that once called this land their home. . . Perhaps once a great and thriving monument to the Creator of Creators, laid low long before you and the mystics arrived to this world.

You succeed in 'splitting' as it were. Maintaining a thin line of matter to your sac-like node that continues to grow into the empty space it creates. Perhaps it is not as prodigious as if your main body were to feast on the land, but it remains a constant form os sustenance pumped to you, giving your formless body more freedom to roam beneath the crust of this Nameless World. Patiently waiting its turn to cease everything. Regardless of your findings, your total mass most definitely increases as the land below this barren west is methodically hollowed out.

- ? -

FATE'S DESCISION - SOLDIER RALLYING SUPPORT - 1d10 + 4 (Willpower) + 1 (Leader) = 13!
FATE'S DESCISION - ABYSSAL FOUNDATIONS - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 11!

Pests; gnats of pure malice, serpents that ooze a sickly toxin, shadowy rats that gnaw through the earth. . . Woe's Den is not a pleasant dungeon to say the absolute least. And it is the Lone Soldier whom delves its squalid burrows at the behest of ?. Not out of fear, not out of obligation, but a true heart's desire to please the onyx skinned Mystic. And so, gaining the life that was once vibrant in her flush skin, the soldier braves the depths. But she is not wholly alone on her mission, the powers that brought her from the brink of despair are extent here too, in the walls, through the air, motes of the void coaelesced into invisible form by her dear ?. It only emboldens her further. Snaking through infinite pits, she finds beings who may just share her devotion.

In one great chamber there lurked a tribe of blind beastmen, furred slick bodies that battered away the dank waters of stagnant pools below, weaved tools of hide and bone. They were no 'great' civilization, but as the Lone Soldier stood before them, glimmering in dark light, they needed no exchange of words to realize their truest calling. They enshrouded her worn armour in fetishes and idols of gods long discarded to the abyss, and followed her bravely to the surface, where the dull red light of the setting sun stung their wide cloudy eyes. Yet the little tribe did not falter, crossing the fields of petrified grass to return to their saviour.

? Could feel them, with each discordant marching step behind their stoic once-human leader. Following the regal woman back toward the keep. Ley tendrils had been coerced from the depths of the pit just below the Keep of Black Apathy, they were neither forced nor demanded, simply drawn into the dark halls up that inky waterfall. They slipped their way through every crevice and about every spire of the void castle, then gently about the lord of this place, whom caressed the magick so. She pleaded with it silently, to reach across every inch of the land, to blanket it in the void. . . Letting one day all creation return to that nothingness, rather than this still life. With her wordless thoughts imbued, the pit stretches its reach across the entirety of the Continent of Monsters, conduits for ?'s power.

Void Leylines: These are invisible to the naked eye. Tendril like warps in the fabric of this world that enenated from the abyssal pit to the east. So long as one weaves their magick from the Keep of Black Apathy, they can cast spells anywhere that these tendrils reach as if they themselves were there. Just as well, if one attunes to these lines like ?, they may have a sense of vision through the leylines as well, much like a spider's web.[/b]

Spoiler: Beastkin (click to show/hide)

- Yellow Pixel -

FATE'S DESCISION - BANANA CASTLE - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 7

You feel more than a simple omnious magick on the horizon, even your .squirrels begin to shudder and find shelter among the trees, something quite dark indeed is mustering strength just over to the west. So, you crack your proverbial knuckles and get to work! Using yourself like an oversized stamping tool, you hop to and fro, leaving pixel bricks behind with each motion. Your adorable little creations seem to help, gathering these blocks alongside you, stacking one on another, the work helping all of you forget your woes and sing a tune as you do. It's not long before your job is complete! A great 2-D wall, glimmering yellow, a gate, a tower, a keep! The Banana Castle has sprung up from nothing thanks to your magick. Though it is by no means impregnable, the flashy sight should surely keep an army at bay, at least for now. . .

In the meantime of all this hard labour, it seems the special sprout you'd made earlier begins to wobble and grow! One could hardly call it the massive tree you had in mind, but the seed is trying its very best to get there. No doubt in time, it will be the largest and most fruitful tree in all of creation.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2021, 06:17:17 pm »

From the abyss gather the void, from the void-lines reach into the earth. Shape armor and arms for the returning army She gathered. And for Her, enchantments to void all forms of attack.

Still there is more work to be done, the voidline has sense of a Mystic at work. Raise the sea, erode the land in shadow, so those from the Inkfield may batter at them, so that this Mystic will either drown in the voidsea, or be pushed towards the keep. The closer they come, the easier it is to send them below.

Still more work is to be done, but for now this will do. A surplus of armor to be made for those soldiers yet to arrive.

(I like these rhymes, but time to mine. A mystic's end to thine, abyss capturing twine.)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 06:20:35 pm by TricMagic »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2021, 07:00:12 pm »

Clesydros is studying one of the outcroppings of Timecrystal, his hand on his chin, stroking his goatee.
"Hmm... They seem to have no notable properties at all, save for one. I was correct in my hypothesis that the Timecrystals might come to grow by themselves. It means they are not completely inert, and i suspect any magical energy they exude is absorbed within the leafings of the past, but it makes them close enough to living to matter. The apparent inertness of the Timecrystals, save for their growth, is not a shortcoming, but a boon. A perfect blank slate on which to conduct further experiments. And i already have many ambitious plans in mind. Alas, they'll have to wait, i should deal with the matter of the sapling now, with transporting Maria to this place."

"Form a circle! Sixteen paces from the mark! Face inward."
Clesydros orders some of his Kurovios, commanding them for the first time.

"I need to be prepared for the possibility of unfriendly entities being brought here along with Maria, accidentally. Surely she hasn't been sitting idle, and has things on her side that might pose a threat. It also accounts for the possibility of her bringing dangerous fiends intentionally with the aim to attack. Although, if she intends to betray me, she had better make sure she strikes me down with a single one. She wouldn't have time for another. I feel i've mitigated the risks enough that i'm willing to entrust her with the Slate, temporarily."

"It is time to begin the translocation process, this will be a rather delicate affair. In short by using her provided direction and distance to the Throne, as well as my own, plus the strength of her own magical signature at the time of telepathic communicatin to determine my distance to her, i can triangulate her position with a high degree of accuracy. In addition, using the relative angles of the sun to the Throne, both mine and her's, i can further refine the positional accuracy. Finally by including the curvature of the world in my calculations, there will only be one one point in three-dimensional space corresponding to the present variables which will coincide with a position on the surface. Her position. Simply put, i know where she is, because i know where she is not!"

"Once we're finished, i shall send her back where she came from, assuming she returns the slate to me as well."

"By combining the coordinates derived and the strength of her magical signature, i know it now...  I will focus on it...  Feeling along the invisible thread with spatial magic... Until it reaches it's strongest and then... Pull!"

. . .

| Clesydros | Time/Space Mystic |
| 5/5 | MGT:1 SKL:5 HRD:2 WIL:2 |
| (++) Time Magic | (+) Space Magic | (+) All Magic |
Spoiler: Clesydros(full sheet) (click to show/hide)

Subordinates:
| POP SMALL | Kruovios | 3/2 HUMAN SIZE | DIAMOND HUMANOID |
| 5/5 | MGT:4 SKL:0 HRD:6 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | LIFELESS FORM |
Spoiler: Kruovios(Full Sheet) (click to show/hide)

((Hopefully i didn't write complete gobbeldygook and it sounds at least vaguely plausible. You should probably resolve my turn before NG's so that you only have to write one outcome.

Also, i would have thought the Timecrystals would be the same green as Cleydros' magic, owing to their infusion with said magic. Its up to you to choose whether you keep them as is or change them.
Also also, i would have thought their creation would have resulted likewise in creation of my own biome/whatever, like Naturegirl and Yellow Pixel have. Or is that going to come later? Once the crystals wholly overtake the island?

P.S. we Tiberium now... oh just kidding. :P))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 03:09:16 am by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38