Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105781 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 4): Final Four
« Reply #1110 on: October 28, 2021, 10:56:01 pm »

Vector, I am going to be annoyed if you're mafia. Where are you?

Hey, guess what, I was teaching like I'm employed to do.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 28, 2021, 10:58:21 pm »

ToonyMan is definitely the one I want gone.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 29, 2021, 08:17:09 am »

Somewhat glad things didn't end last night.

Unvote. Any particular reasoning for that?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 29, 2021, 09:58:04 am »

FoU hasn't been on so that's why the day didn't end.

I would let Tric unvote so this game can end faster rather than have a tie in a game where mafia suck.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 29, 2021, 10:52:58 am »

Question, if I'm not a gunsmith then what am I?

Or do you believe I'm a gunsmith but also mafia? A gunsmith mafia that wouldn't be able to find their ally since Web would have come back innocent. A gunsmith mafia that didn't kill anyone on N1 since Max didn't commute, although maybe they did since Roden jailkeeped them. A gunsmith mafia that somehow killed their ally on N2 because we're trusting NJW's word. A gunsmith mafia that did not even attempt to kill Vector on N3 which would have put the deciding vote in Tric's hands. A gunsmith mafia that would still lose 50% of the time even if NJW was hammered since Tric would shoot them. That is me? That is my role in this?

Tric, Vector is voting me because they don't believe me. The same reason you voted NJW over me. Vector will never stop not believing me. So whatever. You play the hand you're dealt and sometimes there's nothing you can do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 29, 2021, 02:42:01 pm »

Sorry about the lack of Day end, I didn't realize it was at 2 AM and not 10... something. I'll get on with that.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 29, 2021, 03:29:31 pm »

I would let Tric unvote so this game can end faster rather than have a tie in a game where mafia suck.
Ultimately I can't really justify this as Tric's vote happened well after 2 AM. Technically speaking the Day should have ended then.

I'll have a longer break in between the end of this Round and the start of Round 4 though, so y'all can rest. Seems needed.

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (2): NJW2000, Vector
TricMagic (0):
NJW2000 (2): ToonyMan, TricMagic
Vector (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (0):
3 to hammer.

The exhaustion seemed to suffuse the room just as much as it touched the hearts and minds of the final few players of the deadly game. On the one end of the room stood ToonyMan and TricMagic. On the other end of the room, Vector and NJW2000 stood together, united. The division was too much - their forces, equal.

The dark heart pulsed louder. The lights flickered.

Without unity there could be no force - no execution of the rot lurking within the hotel's halls.

As there was a tie, nobody was executed.

It is now Night 4. Night 4 will end at around 4 PM Saturday, Central/Forum time, or when all needed Night actions are available to process.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Night 4): Quattro Finale
« Reply #1117 on: October 30, 2021, 05:17:39 pm »

Someone has rigged up a candle-containing steel lantern to illuminate the room, but it's not needed just yet. For now you set it aside.

The windows provided enough light to find the fallen body of NJW2000, demonstrably and provably innocent in all of this - there was no instrument of murder in his room, only a cryptic logbook.

NJW2000 was Town.

The logbook took some effort to decode, but it spoke of impossible powers and mundane janitorial shifts. The warping of space used to facilitate the cleaning of WUBA-Inc's bathrooms. The disconnect was humorous, but nobody could laugh.

Deflector (town):
(Auto) Orders: Instead of being able to choose your own action's primary target, your primary target is selected for you by the Captain. You may still choose not to act. If the Captain dies, you lose the ability to act if they were Town and gain the ability to act freely if they were non-Town.
(Night) Deflect [target1] [target2]: You tear open a wormhole, causing every player whose primary target matches your first target to change their primary target to your second target. The redirection will not occur if it would cause a player to self-target.

There was no energy left to laugh with. Just three exhausted survivors.

This was the end - of this iteration.

There was only one thing left to do.

Quote from: Votecount
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
Vector (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (3): ToonyMan, TricMagic, Vector
2 to hammer.

Day 5 has begun, and will end on hammer, or in 48 hours - Monday, 5 PM, Central/Forum time.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 5): Truly Tired Triad
« Reply #1118 on: October 30, 2021, 05:24:43 pm »

... I suppose we finally found out it could self-target. but that makes no sense in the first place. Confusing to the very end.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 30, 2021, 05:25:12 pm »

Vector, Toony, night actions please.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 30, 2021, 05:31:07 pm »

...I checked NJW and they were clean. So that's everyone now.

Did you do anything Tric?

Did Vector give you anything last night?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 30, 2021, 05:38:25 pm »

To note, going to go to bed now, and make my decision tomorrow. (That includes some time for question and answer, but things look a lot worse today.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 30, 2021, 06:45:09 pm »

I gave NJW a 50-50 bulletproof vest.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 30, 2021, 06:47:24 pm »

Right, at this point I think you are mafia Vector. What were you thinking?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 30, 2021, 06:48:55 pm »

That literally makes no sense to me unless you planned to vote NJW. It would cut our chances down. What's your endgoal?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 153