Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2  (Read 9832 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2
« Reply #285 on: August 10, 2021, 08:15:01 am »

"Go Rulao! Show him the power that defeated me!" Diance cheers from the stands.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 10, 2021, 10:18:11 am »

“Well don’t worry, this game is going to be a slog to finish it won’t it.

I play Fallen Paladin to deal 1 damage to your Shipwreck Hermit, destroying it

Spoiler: Bennie’s Status (click to show/hide)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 10, 2021, 11:41:17 am »

He turns to Diance, her voice carrying across the tourney floor. He can't help but flash her a toothy grin, a sparkle in his eye, not even paying mind to Bennie's next play, 'Now I can't possibly lose. . !'. He draws a card, gazing back at his foe. "What's a matter buzz-cut? Ain't that what yer about? Wastin' resources?"

Rulao spends a star, using it to summon another Shipwreck Hermit! More treasure to fill his thinning hand.

Alongside it, the Kelp Forest of the Deep, still hanging on to life allows him to discard another Mossen Crushclaw and play a 1/1 copy. With that he ends his turn.

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)
I've lost control of my life.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 10, 2021, 02:20:01 pm »

“Well I mean, you seem to be aggressively drawing through your deck, trying to get anything in particular?, the buzzcut hairstyle I have is a great one because it’s adaptable and often respectable.”

“Now I will play Starcoin Inside Trader to gain a Star from its effect, and have my 2/2 Fallen Paladin attack your first 1/1 Mossen Crushclaw destroying it, and taking one damage from retaliation.”

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 10, 2021, 03:53:48 pm »

"Better to play with everythin' I need if ya ask me." He sneers, tipping the concept of consistency being king. Rulao draws a card. Thereafter he plays down a Longarm Snatcher.

Then using the effect of his Kelp Forest of the Deep, a 1/1 copy of Frothong Shore comes out onto the field again. If amything's clear about Rulao's playstyle, it's just as bullheaded as he is, relying on toughness to get him through.

The remaining Mossen Crushclaw copy attacks and destroys Bennie's Inside Trader, remaining unscathed as it does. Then his Shipwreck Hermit destroys the Fallen Paladin, recieving two damage in kind. Then ends his turn.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 10, 2021, 03:58:48 pm »

Without that Bank of his funding him, the bitcoin trader can't give fake cards. Which means his exec can't return them to the deck. It's still a lot of fluff even if he does manage it, only a burst of cards before downtime. There isn't a way for Rulao to lose this barring full field destruction.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 10, 2021, 10:04:51 pm »

“Your decks style is admirable and how you play it is fine, if your wondering why a kid from orphanage for a suit that I’m wearing, well it’s because I worked odd-end jobs before joining this school and its kind of tacky as I wear it. I guess you can consider that a sob story, but anyways I play another Starcoin Inside Trader!

“I choose to gain a star from this card’s effect, and don’t count me out just yet, I always have a plan when I set my mind to something.”

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 10, 2021, 10:41:45 pm »

Rulao draws a card, he can't help but remark to Bennie in response, "Who the hell asked about yer lame suit?" He rasps, brows furrowed at the other kid whom he found utterly detestable. "Yer just as fake as yer secret society shit." He adds, playing a Cosmic Isopod to give himself a star.

Rulao then uses the star he just created to play a second Kelp Forest of the Deep!

In doing so, the punk's hand becomes completely empty, causing the Frothing Shore to bring in a new card, at which he bears his jagged teeth in a wide grin. "I may not be able to play a card given by this here shore, but that don't mean I can't discard it!" With that, he uses the effect of his first Kelp Forest, creating a 1/1 copy of the discarded card.

Doing so empties Rulao's hand once more, a pleasant little wave bringing another card to his hand. Now to which he uses his newly played Kelp Forest of the Deep! Discarding the next card he's drawn and creating a copy! It's a 1/1 Mesmer Mantis!

With Mesmer Mantis on the field, its effect allows Rulao to swap the new Kelp Forest of the Deep's effect with his Shipwreck Hermit! All while another card gets pushed into his hand by the Frothing Shore. He frowns at the sight of it, were it a different card he'd no doubt use the newly gained effect of his Shipwreck Hermit to summon another copy. For a moment he fantasizes about drawing the rest of his Mesmer Mantises and looping the effect a few times more, but for now it'll do.

His original Kelp Forest of the Deep, as well as the Frothing Shore copy both attack the new Kelp Forest of the Deep, dealing one damage to it and allowing him to draw two more cards.

Afterwards his Mossen Crushclaw copy attacks Bennie's Inside Trader, destroying it and recieving nondamage in return.

Finally, the Shipwreck Hermit and Longarm Snatcher attack Bennie directly, dealing three points of damage. Then the turn at last comes back to him.

Before the suited, pleasant-mannered student across from Rulao can play, the punk jeers, "Ya want my respect Buzz-Cut? Show me ya can overcome this field!!"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 10, 2021, 10:54:52 pm »

Oh man. If Bennie does what I think he is going to do, this is going to be great!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 10, 2021, 11:42:07 pm »

“I mean there’s a reason I’ve been delaying making plays, because I was waiting for you to make the plays for me, you see I was waiting for the perfect moment to play my most favorite card in my deck, it time to show one of my Aces!”

I play my Ace Card, Soul Mirror.

“With this card, my board becomes a copy exactly like your board, and because I have no board there is nothing for you to copy”

“My board becomes a 0/3 Kelp Forest of the Deep, a 0/6 Kelp Forest of the Deep with a switched description, a 1/1 Mossen Crushclaw, a 2/3 Shipwreck Hermit with a switched description, a 1/4 Long-arm Snatcher, a 1/1 Long-arm Snatcher, a 1/1 Frothing Shore, a 0/1 Cosmic Isopod, and finally a 1/1 Mesmer Mantis. Such a long boring string of describing what this card does.”

“Apparently I also gain a Star and use the Kelp, to discard my Summoned Society Horror to summon a 1/1 copy of it .”
, “You can’t use cards with 0 attack for the following three turns!”

“So I pass my turn over to you, that would be a comeback now wouldn’t it?.”

« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 04:16:43 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 10, 2021, 11:49:48 pm »

((Waifu Ray didn't let me attack on same turn, so I don't think it works like that :())
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 10, 2021, 11:52:36 pm »

(( Also, one other thing of note. You've used all your stars to play Soul Mirror. You shouldn't be able to play Summoned society Horror because of that, from my previous experience, you still need to pay the star cost of cards if you intend to use the effects of Kelp Forest. ))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 10, 2021, 11:53:50 pm »

(( Also, one other thing of note. You've used all your stars to play Soul Mirror. You shouldn't be able to play Summoned society Horror because of that, from my previous experience, you still need to pay the star cost of cards if you intend to use the effects of Kelp Forest. ))

((Unless he gained one from the Cosmic Copy, in which case he'd be at zero.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 10, 2021, 11:57:23 pm »

(( I'm not sure how that works, somewhat gray. Does it only give you a star when it's put into play? Does that count if a copy is created from one already in play? It's up to how the effect of Soul Mirror is considered to function I'd guess. Cool card though, these Aces are pretty neat. I'm only half regretting not having Rulao get any. Haha.))

(( Different question, does Summoned Society Horror's effect remain after it is destroyed? And I'm still not certain, effects that last a certain amount of turns, do they count down at the end of the player's turn or their opponent's?))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 12:02:34 am by Unraveller »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 11, 2021, 12:09:04 am »

Lets see here...
- It is not possible to attack with a card on the turn it is "created".
- The society horror effect does not require the card to remain in play.
- I don't have a good answer for if a card that is "Played" as a result of another card effect due to contradictory things that happened in the game. For the time being I am ruling that *Deliberately* playing a card with a Star cost as a result of a card effect costs stars while *Non-Deliberately* playing a card with a star cost as a result of a card effect does not.

Umm... Any other GM rulings needed?

There are a lot of unclear things about how cards work, and I am sort of regretting making some things the way that I did because of things like this. Honestly I wasn't expecting this game to last as long as it did. Might need to make some changes after the tournament resolves in order to smooth things out if this is to continue.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22