Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2  (Read 9833 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2
« Reply #270 on: August 07, 2021, 08:30:43 pm »

Jack draws a card...

Jack plays Pixie Paladin!

Spoiler: Jack Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 07, 2021, 09:01:43 pm »

Odelia draws a card and nods, before pausing to consider her move.

"I play Fallen Paladin targeting your Pixie."

"Then, my Dragon Tooth Warriors will attack you directly for two damage."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 07, 2021, 09:32:15 pm »

Jack draws a card... And makes a rather surprising statement.

"Alright. I see no reason to continue from this point. I'll concede this match."

Bit surprising, but a win is a win right?
Jack then proceeds to head in the direction of the washrooms.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 07, 2021, 09:49:46 pm »

Odelia's eyes widen, and she blinks.

"I... hmm. I suppose I should be thankful I haven't even had to play all of my new cards yet, but I'm almost disappointed I didn't get to."

She stands up, collects her cards, and makes her leave as well.

"I suppose I'll simply be glad I get to save them for when the time is right."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 09, 2021, 06:02:44 pm »

Later, at the next round of the tournament, Bennie goes up against Rulao in the second round!

"Up next, its monster versus monster, but one of the monsters is wearing a nice suit and tie! Its Bennie Factor versus Rulao!"

As determined by a large novelty coin flip, Rulao takes the first turn!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 09, 2021, 06:34:05 pm »

This time, Rulao manages to not be horribly late for his match. Only two minutes elapse before he arrives, wiping away at his mouth from some greasy food he'd stuffed it with earlier. He takes his seat across from Bennie, to whom he addresses forthwith, "Yo. Yer that weird buzz-cut kid right?" The thought is clearly rhetorical as he leans back some, placing his deck upon the table.

"Guess I oughta not underestimate ya." He rasps, adding, "If ya already got this far without the chance to make a buncha cards I mean." With that, his beady eyes are set upon the other student, while the judge calls the match to begin. Rulao draws his hand with gusto and immediately plays down his constant opener.

A Cosmic Isopod skitters out on the field, granting Rulao the star he'd missed from playing first. Using it immediately, the punk plays Kelp Forest of the Deep!

He then discards a card, playing a copy of Mossen Crushclaw at 1/1 using the Kelp Forest's effect.

Already with three cards out on the field, the guy doesn't seem to lose his focus, having no knowledge of what Bennie's theme is let alone what kinda cards the guy could muster. Rulao ends his turn.

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)

I've lost control of my life.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 09, 2021, 06:59:49 pm »

“I hope you my acquaintance have some fun in this match, maybe we should touch gloves as in shake hands as a gesture of sportsmanship. Either way, I hope you find what your seeking in this tournament.”

“Now I will start with the card I keep starting with my opening hand for some weird reason, it’s time for my Ace Card, All-Seeing Bank of Stars and end my turn.

Spoiler: Bennie’s Status (click to show/hide)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 09, 2021, 07:16:42 pm »

Rulao is seemingly unable to parse his opponents dialogue, and he makes that clear. "I have absolutely no fuckin' clue what yer on about." He wheezes. Regardless, the rough and tumble thug draws his next card.

Once again he plays a Cosmic Isopod.

"I ain't interested in owing a chump like you some kinda debt." He states firmly, using the star he'd just created to play a Shipwreck Hermit!

And finally once again he discards a card, playing a 1/1 copy, this time it's a Frothing Shore!

Now, Rulao has his original Cosmic Isopod and Kelp Forest of the Deep attack his new Shipwreck Hermit, to help him draw an additional two cards, thereafter, the copied Mossen Crushclaw attacks the All-Seeing Bank dealing a measly one damage!

After that he ends his turn.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:26:06 pm by Unraveller »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 09, 2021, 08:00:55 pm »

“My man, all of these aggressive emotions aren’t helping anyone, but don’t worry I can handle some berating. This isn’t a situation where we should riled up, it’s just some friendly competition being watched by hundreds of people.”

“I will play Runic Magecraft: Gandr on your 1/1 Frothing Shore destroying it.”

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 09, 2021, 08:13:39 pm »

It was clear that Bennie's manner of speech exclusively continued to tic Rulao off even more. Evident by thd furtow of his brow and wavering of eyes. "I don't give a damn whose watchin'." He growled, drawing his next card. "Yer just goddamn annoyin' ya dig?"

Having no need to limit his handsize now, the punk forces his Shipwreck Hermit to be targeted by the Isopod and the Kelp Forest, allowing him to draw an additional two cards. He uses the Kelp Forest to discard a card, it's another Cosmic Isopod, creating a 1/1 copy thereof, and also granting him a non-banked star.

Looking over the cards in his hand, he then once again immediately uses the star he's created to play the Symbol of the Crimson Claw! Allowing him to draw one card yet more.

Using his Mossen Crushclaw copy and the Shipwreck Hermit together they deal a total of three damage to the All-Seeing Bank of Stars, ending the punk's turn with a scowl.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:30:41 pm by Unraveller »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 09, 2021, 09:12:32 pm »

(Rule clarification for my next turn:)
“I understand that you have found a loophole of the rules, but rule 10 ClEaRlY states “”When a card attacks another card, both cards lose hearts equal to the other card's attack””, so wouldn’t that mean the two 0/1 Isopods and your Mosses Crushclaw be destroyed by the Shipwreck Hermit and it taking 1 damage in the process?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 09, 2021, 09:25:04 pm »

(( You are correct. For some reason I keep making this mistake. Probably because I just conflate my cards with having no attack. I'll fix it and reshuffle my deck, the the turn will remain
unaffected. Though the Mossen Crushclaw never attacked the Hermit. Just the Isopods and the Forest. ))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:30:21 pm by Unraveller »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 09, 2021, 10:27:08 pm »

“Well AUDIENCE, I believe it’s time to show the core theme of my deck, it’s all about control and running and wasting the resources of the opposing players, consider me how I like when I make value from my cards is my goal. Now it’s time to show one of of big cards, Corrupted Executive and shuffle my hand into my deck and draw five cards.”

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 09, 2021, 11:18:12 pm »

"Who the hell're ya waxing poetic to?" Rulao sneers, noting the relatively meagre crowd, little more than family members, faculty, and assorted upper classmen scouting out potential club members. And whoever the sorta lame duck dweebs at home watching the event. Who's he kidding, it's probably not even live. . .

Rulao draws a card. The fourth Cosmic Isopod comes out onto the field, granting Rulao another star.

Thanks to the Symbol of the Crimson Claw burning deep on the little skittering creatures back, it now has 3 attack and 4 hearts.

While it still bears some bit of its strength, the Kelp Forest uses its effect to discard a Longarm Snatcher and create a new 1/1 Copy thereof.

To follow that up, he plays this next card, one that Bennie's secret society should know all about, The Fall of Man!

Without much thought, the thuggish boy has his Kelp Forest (forced to attack) Shipwreck Hermit and Crushclaw copy attack and destroy the All-Seeing Bank.

The 3/4 Isopod, 1/1 Isopod, and Longarm Snatcher all attack Bennie's Corrupted Executive, they destroy themselves in the process.

Wiping the tears away for his fallen crustaceans, Rulao's Shipwreck Hermit attacks again for the final blow for their normal attack, destroying the Executive, leaving the Hermit at a measly one health and letting Bennie's field open up.

Finally, before ending his turn, the 1/1 Mossen Crushclaw attacks Bennie directly for little more than a pinch.

(( So how does the debt work exactly? Bennie spends two stars on playing the Executive, using one from the second player start, and the other from the second turn having the bank. After it's destroyed, only one star can be payed back, from this most recent turn with the bank. So when it is collected, he is left with zero stars and takes 5 damage? Let me know if I'm misunderstanding that. ))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 11:22:04 pm by Unraveller »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 10, 2021, 12:01:20 am »

((No, O p,ayes against him twice, the debt works no matter the source of the stars you use, save them, they’ll be your armor for when the bank goes down))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22