Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 25997 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

((...All he's done is make fun of a formal rival, sincerely congratulate the winner, insult G (which Ordillia did right before, assuming he didn't mean a different G given it was blue, and if he did mean the same G is completely fair), and refuse to give the card to someone else out of pride and arrogance which is a defining trait of Ordillia, G3, and Rulao anyway. So I'm really not sure why you hate something that he just makes :V))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( I'm sure a good deal of it is the antagonism that I'm portraying with Rulao towards the guy, Supernerd playing off that. I dont mind it personally, I'm enjoying the back and forth. The character development is cool, all in all I personally can't disagree with the man's point, if Rulao's goal is to eventually defeat monsters and protect the people he holds close, denying the card would ultimately be anathetical to his values. But of course, Rulao himself isn't anywhere near all that philosophical when it comes down to it. Just going for the side-character punk-with-a-heart-of-gold trope. But it ballooned out of control thanks to this tourney. Haha.))
I've lost control of my life.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Eh, the thing to me is that it feels like that's not the point he's trying to make. To me it feels very blatantly like the point he's making is "take my card frame and prove that it's better than my rivals card frame because you beat people who were using that one", and using the fucking parent death shit as a guilt trip to get Rulao to give in. If I was there in person I would have slugged the fucker then and there.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 10:15:52 pm by Failbird105 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

(Fun fact: Because the 3 in G3 is silent, the guy misheard G3's name as G. Holographic cards are no more evil than regular cards, but they are rather show-offy by their nature. This particular guy is definitely a jerk though. He may or may not be evil, I'll leave that for you guys to debate. Foreshadowing~)

The mustachioed meanie does... Something... And a sparkling card appears in Rulao's hands!

Cyoggy Pete interjects. He says "While I'm sure everyone would love to see you go on an extended tirade about how great your Holographic Cards are, we still have a Sophomore tournament to get through today, so we need the Gym space!"

Cyoggy Pete is sort of pushing the chortling Holographic Card guy out of the area...

If Rulao were so inclined, he could probably project the Holographic Card card on the fancy CYOGTCG table if he felt like showing it off and wasn't concerned about losing the element of surprise.

This concludes Season 1 Part 1!
Season 1 Part 2 will begin... Probably tomorrow.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 6 - CYOGTCG Math

Spoiler: Daily Schedule (click to show/hide)

The excitement of the tournament comes to an end, and your normal schedule resumes...

Today in Math class you learn about... Well I don't have any groundbreaking revelations for you today, but you can now designate a card with 3 attack! So at least that.

*Card Name:
*Card Pictures:
*Background Colors:
Custom Frames:
Attack (0-3):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Card Stat:
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2):
Effect Text (One word max):
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile, Flying):
Card Synergy (Owned Card) or Counter (Known Card):
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Diance scoots over to Rulao. "So, want to make a card? I kinda need some power to my deck given how you steamrolled over everyone."

*Card Name: Delay Servant: Chongire
*Card Pictures:
*Background Colors: Purple
Custom Frames:
Attack (0-3):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Card Stat:
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2):
Effect Text (One word max):
Flavor Text:
Card Synergy (Owned Card):

(http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178846.msg8302533#msg8302533)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Rulao was reclined all throughout the day's class, staring up idly into the ceiling, eyes tracing the fluorescent lights above. It was clear that he couldn't focus, that brain of his overcome by thoughts of yesterday's tournament. More specifically that dick-bag who's offered the prize. That Holographic card. He still wasn't sure about how he'd handle that thing, its power radiating within him. Even worse, his challenge went unanswered, that man vanished before he could give chase. Next time. . .

Rulao shook back to reality by Diance's words. "Steamrolled?" He stumbles at the thought. "Yeah. . . Sure." He continues sitting upright, "Ya gave me some sick ideas the other day. Even if I don't have a single clue in hell what Pretty Cure is. . ." He thumbs his nose, the pair's SOULs entertwined, even if just in slight.

*Card Name: Kowiaina Kuro: Many-legged one.
*Card Pictures:
*Background Colors: Purple
Custom Frames:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Card Stat:
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2): 2
Effect Text (One word max): Discard
Flavor Text:
Card Synergy (Owned Card):

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odelia focused in deeply. She'd faced some particularly unpleasant tactics, ones she needed a way to deal with. This... this was a dark concept for a card, but it was the best bet she had to get the ideal way to solve such a problem.

*Card Name: Fisher Kings Blade
*Card Pictures:

*Background Colors: Rotten Green
Custom Frames:
Attack (0-3): 0
Hearts (0-3): 0
Higher Card Stat:
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N): N
Stars (0-2): 1
Effect Text (One word max): copies
Flavor Text: With one cut, your bloodline ends. Ancestors, Descendants, all rot away.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

G3 saw everyone was doing a themed thing and jumped on the bandwagon. If anyone where to ask he'd certainly claim he started the trend.

*Card Name: Cosmic Isopod Waifu
*Card Pictures:
*Background Colors: Holographic
Custom Frames:
Attack (0-3):0
Hearts (0-3):1
Higher Card Stat:
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):N
Stars (0-2): 0
Effect Text (One word max):star
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile, Flying): Quicklplay

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Other than him making a attempt at rainbows[which doesn't work, I checked a while ago], he is right. But the trend started with us, not G. Guess Rulao is the main character, not G.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( No, no! It was never supposed to be this way! Rulao's meant to be the low-powered guy with a rough personality and big heart that ends up being G3's main bro! Oh how fickle are the fates! ))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fun fact: Rainbow actually did work. It was "All" that didn't. The key difference is that there are too many possible RGB combinations to fit All colors on a card frame.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(You literally steamrolled everyone, so low power you are not. In other news, I have more cards to make in the Delay Series.)

(There is a common theme in three of them. Bottom seahorse is the leader of the Witch of Delays' group, Butler. He fights with a cane and energy blasts. The orb all of them are holding is to summon monsters to steal motivation from humans.)

(Hmm, interesting. Not immediately useful though.)

(In order, Numeri the sadistic doctor, Elda the childish maid, and Butler the butler of the Witch of Delays.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 06:00:27 pm by TricMagic »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(Other than him making a attempt at rainbows[which doesn't work, I checked a while ago], he is right. But the trend started with us, not G. Guess Rulao is the main character, not G.)

((Gratuitous Harem is rainbow tho. And G is clearly the main character since his name is in the title.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(It isn't CYOCG3TCG. That implies there was a 2.)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48