Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 26049 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

”No one is invincible. Even the toughest trees die eventually. Every battle, there is a chance of winning, and a chance of loss, given it’s a 2v1, assuming everyone has the same skill level, which is a big assumption. You, Brisk, and Jade have different cards. I find it unlikely Jade copied Brisk, anyways, if you have the same skill as 1 of your opponents, that’s a 2/3 chance of you loosing, but people who brag all the time are very likely exaggerating, so you may or may not have less skill than that. I’ve seen you in a team, yes, and in that you do well, but a match where you’re on your own? I haven’t seen that yet. Simply saying you’ll win will not make it so. That kind of recklessness could get you hurt again, or killed depending on what ends up being at stake the next battle. What I’m trying to tell you is “don ‘t think you’re invincible, because you’re not” You should know that”

"Do you talk so much to feed the plants or something? I kinda zoned out after the first sentence. Anyway I got this. One of my opponents is an Iguana. This barely even counts as two on one."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Afro Senpai comments. "Whoa. You kids are hardcore!"

Brisk narrows his eyes even more.
Jade doesn't seem to be offended in the slightest though.

G3 plays a 2v1 match against Brisk and Jade! This match will take place in game thread 3!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178793.0
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

”No one is invincible. Even the toughest trees die eventually. Every battle, there is a chance of winning, and a chance of loss, given it’s a 2v1, assuming everyone has the same skill level, which is a big assumption. You, Brisk, and Jade have different cards. I find it unlikely Jade copied Brisk, anyways, if you have the same skill as 1 of your opponents, that’s a 2/3 chance of you loosing, but people who brag all the time are very likely exaggerating, so you may or may not have less skill than that. I’ve seen you in a team, yes, and in that you do well, but a match where you’re on your own? I haven’t seen that yet. Simply saying you’ll win will not make it so. That kind of recklessness could get you hurt again, or killed depending on what ends up being at stake the next battle. What I’m trying to tell you is “don ‘t think you’re invincible, because you’re not” You should know that”

"Do you talk so much to feed the plants or something? I kinda zoned out after the first sentence. Anyway I got this. One of my opponents is an Iguana. This barely even counts as two on one."
”I thought if I stated my point multiple times, one of the versions would stick. Clearly this isn’t the case. Sorry for zoning you away, what thoughts wandered through your mind while on zone out?”

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Now then, if you all would go over to Game Thread 1, you can see Odelia snap in half.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"There isn't a risk of me loosing so there isn't a risk of me losing any cards."
"He represses all memeories of ever losing at anything. I wouldn't be surprised if he has never lost a thing in his life within his head because of that."

"Hey G, did your gramps ever beat you in card games when you were younger?" Only hope he has of winning is a ridiculous amount of luck. Diance wanders off to eat lunch elsewhere, maybe talk to some of her Sempai.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“I think he already did, his Masochist Knight Waifu turned to static and faded into white”
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 01:36:12 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"Hey G, did your gramps ever beat you in card games when you were younger?" Only hope he has of winning is a ridiculous amount of luck. Diance wanders off to eat lunch elsewhere, maybe talk to some of her Sempai.

"We tried to play cards on several occasions. Legend has it this resulted in the destruction of the entire universe and the creation of a new one on each attempt. This would be the third universe if those legends are true. Thus the results are inconclusive."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We tried to play cards on several occasions. Legend has it this resulted in the destruction of the entire universe and the creation of a new one on each attempt. This would be the third universe if those legends are true. Thus the results are inconclusive."
”I doubt the validity of this myth you made up. There is no such legend that I’m aware of. Just admit you lost. Purposely shoving those memories away doesn’t bring your card back”

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(So, in my two battles thus far, I've had major trouble keeping up with what cards I still have in my deck. From now on, I'm going to be keeping a far more concise record. Namely, keeping very precise track of what cards are in my *discard* pile(and hand, and removed from play), and comparing that to my actual deck.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(So, in my two battles thus far, I've had major trouble keeping up with what cards I still have in my deck. From now on, I'm going to be keeping a far more concise record. Namely, keeping very precise track of what cards are in my *discard* pile(and hand, and removed from play), and comparing that to my actual deck.)

((That seems like an incredibly annoying way to do things TBH))

”I doubt the validity of this myth you made up. There is no such legend that I’m aware of. Just admit you lost. Purposely shoving those memories away doesn’t bring your card back”

"Oh Rose has never heard of it so it must not exist? People don't like arrogance you know. I'm sure there are plenty of myths you don't know."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Given Diance went to eat elsewhere, she can't respond to that. Even if it is ignoring facts for things unproven. Like G winning a game.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(It's less annoying than having to constantly scroll through the entire match to see how many of each card I've actually played, and that's what I've wound up having to do because if I try to just keep track of how many of each card is in my deck then I wind up with less cards than I should in my hand and more copies of cards than I had in my deck.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(It's less annoying than having to constantly scroll through the entire match to see how many of each card I've actually played, and that's what I've wound up having to do because if I try to just keep track of how many of each card is in my deck then I wind up with less cards than I should in my hand and more copies of cards than I had in my deck.)

((That is also a bad way to do it.

I just give each card a number then roll a 1d40 program. I have to keep notes on what number I rolled and what cards I played, but that is like two seconds worth of typing.

I'm not even sure how you get your cards like that.))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((That is also a bad way to do it.

I just give each card a number then roll a 1d40 program. I have to keep notes on what number I rolled and what cards I played, but that is like two seconds worth of typing.

I'm not even sure how you get your cards like that.))
(a program that picks out names randomly from a list. Then I remove the name from the list after it gets picked. Problem is that I constantly wind up finding more cards in the deck or less cards in my hand regardless, either from lapses in attention, or just errors.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

I've been using a text file for the purpose of tracking what a deck still contains. I use random.org to pick a number, move the corresponding card to the hand, then move the bottom card to the empty slot.

I was sort of under the impression that more than just G3 had the intention to play a game and planned things accordingly. Is this not the case?

Spoiler: The document I use (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48