Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 25955 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

(I delayed my time on making my character sheet and
have developed a more averse mindset when entering Supernerd’s games because I feel like the user when they are a GM enjoys the suffering of players, which I know can be comical and hilarious to watch but can also be a bit standoffish)

Anyways an application
Spoiler: Character Application (click to show/hide)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

I like to think there's a bit more nuance to it, but I suppose that I'm not really in much of a position to deny it at this time. At any rate your application checks out. If you want I can expedite your entry to the game a bit, I've been waiting until the next game day for new players but you just barely missed the start of the day.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

(Maybe it’s the more sarcastic way you react to players while I do agree that players do idiotic stuff at times it sometimes feel a bit vindictive?, also sure to the expedited introduction)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(You should call me out on it if I get too out of control. Except for when I am picking on G3 that is.)

Meanwhile... Bennie Factor is at the Principal's office, evidently Cyoggy Pete didn't feel that introducing a new student didn't quite constitute the need for holding an assembly in and of itself.

His deck theme is... Secret Society!

Bennie is now able to create a card to be added to the Core set using the following template!

*Card Name:
*Card Picture:
*Background Color:
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Card Name: Society Initiate
Image:
Background Color:Navy

(Question does choosing higher power on making card means it has better stats than specifying the stats of the card?)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 02:48:43 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Image:
Background Color:Onyx

(Question does choosing higher power on making card means it has better stats than specifying the stats of the card?)
(there's a limit on how dark you can make a cards background. Anything too dark gets automatically corrected to a lighter equivalent)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Image:
Background Color:Onyx

(there's a limit on how dark you can make a cards background. Anything too dark gets automatically corrected to a lighter equivalent)
yes this is done for 2 reasons, one, text tends to be black, 2, black cards are established as illegal and tend to be played by monsters

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

(Yes I know, I just was wondering how dark you can get with a card’s background for you to be able to choose for the card. Now I’m just waiting for the GM to make my starter card to then create a deck. It feels like their a great disparity between the cards with the same sort of star cost, while understandably core cards are trash it seems there’s a difference in the championship card, that there almost needs to be a like a rarity system)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Society Initiate has been added to the Core Set!

The first part of the CYOGTCG Mystery becomes apparent. The time that people get their Soul is when their deck theme is revealed. Or at least, that's what they say. And that is how it seems to be... But what do you make of that?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Bennie is sitting in his chair in the principle office

“Indeed, thank you Mr. Pete the principle of this great secondary school. Now my theme for my cards is an interesting one and one I hope to explore the concept as I grow. The fact that we don’t gain a Soul until we have developed an interest and then endeavor into CYOGTCG is an interesting thing that we have in our world, but hopefully I can make my late start into what is Gym class for the freshman?, sorry for being late I am a new transfer student and my trip was delayed in getting here Principle.”

With Bennie making his spiel onto the principle, the unraveling of a mystery while indeed has a sort of entertainment value to him it is also the learning of the original intent of CYOGTCG and maybe on who his parents and family are. The part of a Soul being connected to this card is a paradox to him, does that mean other people who don’t have a connection to this game don’t have a standing chance on fighting monsters and why they have come?, maybe there some sort of philosophical or psychology teacher that could entertain his ideas on why this world is the way it is.

(Deck Sent)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 5 - CYOGTCG Math

A new student is introduced to the class!
- He is a boy with a dark brown buzzcut. His deck theme is Secret Society!

A card has been added to the Core Set. For whatever reason an assembly was not required in this scenario.

Today in math class, you learn that it is also possible to designate a higher stat for Tokens! If it weren't clear by now, when the below card template shows up you will have an opportunity to create a card! If you are not clear on what one of the fields means you can leave it blank. Only fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.

*Card Name:
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color:
Custom Frame:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Card Stat:
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2):
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile, Flying):
Card Synergy (Owned Card):

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Shining Star
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Purple
Custom Frame:
Attack (0-2): 0
Hearts (0-3): 0
Higher Card Stat:
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2):
Flavor Text:

"Take two on trying for a strong card. Let's see how this works Pretty Cure~"
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:21:57 pm by TricMagic »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Algal Bloom
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Torquoise
Custom Frame:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Card Stat: Hearts
Higher Token Stat: Hearts
Facedown (Y/N): Y
Stars (0-2): 1
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile, Flying): Quickplay

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

“May I get more opportunities to create cards for my deck since I have to compensate for my late transfer”

Card Name: Corrupted Executive
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Dark Yellow
Custom Frame:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Card Stat: Hearts
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N): N
Stars (0-2): 2
Flavor Text: The organization without a name has always manipulated the most influential

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Command Seal
*Card Picture:

Token Picture:
*Background Color: White
Custom Frame:

Attack (0-2): 0
Hearts (0-3): 0
Higher Card Stat:
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2):
Flavor Text: Three strokes, three absolute orders, defiant of human limits or will.
Keywords: Quickplay
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 06:49:06 pm by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48