Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 25931 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Take care Brisk, Jade. Rose, make sure to have a safe trip too."

"Hey De Clare, want to go visit G3? Knowing him he's probably awake and fuming. We can play a match in front of him. And bring him his homework."

Diance is feeling a bit S today.
Odelia jumps suddenly at the question. It seems she was caught in the middle of contemplation.

"Ah- I- um- yes! Certainly!" She says, wheeling around in place(nearly downing a passing student with her drills), a blush visible on her face from the embarrassment and certainly no other reason, no sir. "Unfortunately my Uncle is unavailable for today and so my father is trusting my abilities to return home without family supervision. And yes, certainly rubbing our days progress he won't get into the face of that faux 'chosen one' will be enjoyable."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

To Diance
“Thanks. You too”

To Brisk, Jade, and Rulau
“Ready to head to each of our houses?”

To Rulau
“We have the same amount of cards from joining the same day, maybe we can have a match sometime?”

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

The punk lets out a long, protracted sigh as the closing announcements are made over intercom. 'Jeez, that was one long fuckin' day.' He murmurs to himself. Only then, does Rulao's attention get caught by the pair of upper classmen each advertising for their clubs, the Hunters. . . The Battle Royale Club. . . The sound of both light up Rulao's beady eyes, he sure as hell wasn't expecting some lame afterschool club to actually sound cool. Just before the thug could manage to ask either what the hell they were about, Rose's voice broke him away.

"Uh. . . Yeah, sure." He blurted, losing any real punch to his voice. "Guess we aughta save that fer tomorrow or somethin'. I need to catch some shut-eye anyhow." He added.
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“Yes, tomorrow sounds good”

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Day 4 - After School Activities

Diance and Odelia decide to go to the hospital to make G3 feel better. Or possibly to make G3 feel worse. I'm not entirely clear on their motivations, except for the fact that it is most certainly not because they like him... "G3, it looks like you have some visitors!" G3 is now able to do non-dream related behaviors now!

---

Meanwhile Rose, Rulao and Brisk (and by extension Jade the Iguana) decide to head home... Prior to leaving the school gounds, Brisk speaks up. "Come to think of it, you guysss might be having some difficulty asss you don't have asss many cardsss asss the other ssstudentsss right? If you want, I can teach you a trick that might help ssshorten the gap!"
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“Sounds cool. I’m ready to learn. Thanks for offering to help us”

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Rulao nearly scoffs at the guy, but Rose's eagerness seems to settle him down. In all fairness, Brisk was right, surely Rulao would have whooped that bowl-cut guy's deck if he just had more cards. The punk elects to nod in agreement, without letting his running mouth make too much of a fool of himself.
I've lost control of my life.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

G3 awakens from his slumber casually. He was just running along the beach as a bard played inspirational music as the newest phase of his training when he was run over by a horse-drawn cart. Clearly this signaled it was time to move to the OtherOtherWorld, which has that double negative effect and clearly means the Original World.

He stretches to the sky and replies "Send 'em in"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hi G, sorry-notsorry to wake you up from your boring day, but I brought your homework!"

Diance brandishes papers with glee going over what they did in class, and the assignments the dueling school gives out.

"I figured whats a better way to entertain you in you covalesence than to watch a match. This is De Clare if you remember. And maybe after that you could actually win a match tomorrow."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"We have homework? And they actually bothered to send it to students without setting it on fire or something? That doesn't sound like our school at all."

G3 eyes the paperwork suspiciously. He then shouts "WAIFUIFICATION RAY!" and begins the process of turning said homework into paper dolls.

"Anyway I don't remember what you're talking about. So I'll declare that instead. Did we have a grudge match or something lined up?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No offense, but I beat you flat two days ago. Then you got beat flatter yesterday, And then you got turned into a pancake. How in the world did you get run over by a truck?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"I'm unbeatable. So that must not have happened."

G3 continues making pretty dolls of the homework.

"Anyway stuff like that happens to me all the time. G-PA says it is a hidden downside to being a protagonist. You see I have this thing called 'plot armor' that keeps me from suffering any serious lasting harm. Apparently having no real consequences for your actions tends to make people reckless. And that makes people get into mostly-comical accidents which they recover from almost instantly. By people I mean me."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Perhaps you need another lesson then on this unbeatability?" Diance's smile is unsettling. G has really ticked her off for some reason.

Diance is challenging G to a duel for his 3.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Day 4 - After School Activities (Still)

Brisk explains a thing. "With the ability to create whatever kind of cardsss you want, sssome people tend to forget about the fifth letter in CYOGTCG. It is actually possssssible to ssshare a card template with sssomeone elssse! There are a few catchesss though..."

It is possible to grant someone access to a card that you created, but there are the following restrictions:
- You can only share one card per day.
- You can't do this during classes.
- In order for someone to receive a card in this manner, it needs to fit their Deck Theme!

"I'll ssshow you! Letsss sssee... Reptilesss Monssstrousss Crussstaceansss and Plantsss..."

Brisk then takes some time to think, before producing a card! "Thisss one turned out a bit ssstrange, but here!"

Both Rose and Rulao are now able to use this... thing!

Rose and Rulao have the opportunity to create a card! Its not strictly necessary to go with Brisk's suggestion, but if you do then you can create a card with both the Monstrous Crustacean and Plant themes to share it!

*Card Name:
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color:
Custom Frame:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable):
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2):
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile, Flying):
Card Synergy (Owned Card):

---

Meanwhile, at the hospital...

A nurse informs Diance that he would appreciate it if she could hold off on challenging their patient to a game with something at stake until he is actually released from the hospital. We all know that G3 probably deserves this, and in fact would probably accept this battle, but the other folk in the area probably don't and honestly its sort of in poor form to be bullying someone while they are recovering from an injury...

Also, you don't really want to be known as Diance3 do you?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“Thank you”
((Your photoshop skills are great, either that or you found a snake that likes carrying a lobster claw))
*Card Name: Symbiotic Algae growing on a Crab
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Blue
Custom Frame:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable): Hearts
Facedown (Y/N): Y
Stars (0-2): 0
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile, Flying):