Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 49705 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Please don't just turn your brain off and vote Pref if I'm dead tomorrow. FoU and Jack are salivating at a Pref wagon and have done nothing to convince me otherwise.

I'm going to bed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Would it help if I review FOU/Magma posts and create a list of connecting posts?
No, first...

I want a detailed reasoning why FoU is so town to you, but also isn't your top hypothetical mafia partner.

Toonyman, I already answered the last part.  The various mistakes that make you suspect me WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED IF FOU WERE MY SCUM PARTNER!
FOU would have, at a minimum, cut those mistakes in half.  Ergo, my scum partner, if you believe me scum, must be Pref or Roden.  By your own analysis, it is not Roden.  Ergo, it is Pref.
Or maybe Magma isn't as good as I think they are.  But they've given solid Town advice, getting Top Town read D1.  I bet they're giving Top Scum advice in the scum chat as well.
It seems like you're the one that wants to force us together.  My equity was with Web, not FOU.  The second FOU replaced Web, FOU started playing their own game, and it didn't include me.  Literally all of my FOU thinking has to do with Web's initial play.  You omit the theory, that you espoused on D1, that mafia!Web would ID me as Town, and exploit that.  It was your second choice, right behind us both being Town! You yell at me when I say FOU isn't Town.  You yell at me when I say FOU is town.

I will re-evaluate, again, FOU, so that I can determine, for myself, whether I think FOU is scum or town.  Honestly, kinda reading FOU as null.

Don't forget the FOU ISO.  If you want my re-evaluation first, that is fair and I can provide it.  Just...not at almost 5am.

Who's gonna do the Toonyman ISO?
I'm still getting mega townie vibes, but I'd like analysis to make sure I haven't missed anything.  Most interested in Toonyman's involvement in Hedgerow's lynch.
I think it'll come up pretty good for Toonyman, but it needs to be analyzed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toonyman [Veteran Player]: I don't think I've ever played D2 before.  Could you tell me generally what we are supposed to be doing?
Let's play a game within a game.

Everyone, join me please.

Pretend you're mafia. If you're already mafia then just be honest.

Answer these question:
1. Who is your mafia partner in this world?
2. What is your reasoning for killing Bluarian on N1?
Huh, interesting approach. Actually, I like it.

My partner would be Prefuzek, and we killed Bluarian because we thought he was a likely power role.
Blu never even hinted at having a power role though. At least, as far as I can tell. Can you show me a post where that could've made you come to that conclusion?

As stated above, I'm now null reading FOU, primarily for their reason for killing Blue.  Like Roden, I don't believe it.  And Roden probably picked up on my saying before FOU gave that explanation that Blue's death due to being a possible power role could not come from myself, FOU, or Toonyman.  The three of us know that Blue lurks as their normal play, and it is no indication that Blue has a power role.  On scum team FOU and Pref, FOU would be the senior scum and calling the shot.
IT'S A LIE.
Roden also mentioned earlier that FOU commented on Blue being an expert player.  I even commented on D1, to Roden's question, that if Blue and myself were in ELO and both Town, I had full faith we'd make the right decision.  Because we did so in Dreams of Elan (or maybe it was close to ELO).
If we know that FOU lied about why they would have killed Blue, what else did they lie about?  Probably scum partners.
Hence, Magma/FOU as possible scum team should be analyzed.  I think I've explained my position on FOU sufficiently that I am "allowed" to move on that task whenever I so chose.

FOU/Toonyman might make sense until you remember it used to be Web/Toonyman. Web/Toonyman certainly did NOT seem like two players that knew they were on the same team.  They would have been having it out on scumchat, not in front of all of us.

Also, see when Roden started to suspect FOU.  Roden seems to be giving it hard to Web, as poor Web was trying to leave the game no less.  It was downright abusive.  So, Roden/FOU? Probably not.

@Roden: Since Toonyman obviously can't read my posts, and you can, you're going to have to translate.  Thanks friend.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Jack:
Hmm hmm, I see I see.

So FoU is suspicious.

Let's look at these reads:
Reads List:
Toonyman: For various reasons, I read as almost certainly Town
FallacyofUrist: Probably Town, some doubts
Roden: Good discussion and thoughts, but mostly trusting to Toonyman on this one
Prefuzek: Heart of neutrality, good way to hide as mafia.  Alright, I'm going to say it, "Seemed more interested in looking town then hunting scum". TMI
Magma Mater: Had a lot of good strategy advice that earned them Town cred, but mostly poked around and contributed nothing
Alright so...you don't trust anyone but me. You read every other player as scummy and FoU as "null".

Let me give my sage advice. I don't get scum feelings off Magma or Roden at all. Roden is convincing me that FoU/Pref might be possible if it isn't simply just FoU/Jack.

Want to get a chance to do what you said you would for Hedgerow on D1? I'm going to vote FoU, and if you trust me, you will vote FoU with me. Even if I'm mafia we can't quickhammer FoU at L-2, sound good?

FallacyofUrist

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Unvote

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Jack:
Your top scum team is Magma/Pref and you willingly put FoU at L-2 with neither of these players already voting FoU.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who's gonna do the Toonyman ISO?
I am. Starting a long reread now.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

UNVOTE

Damnit Toonyman!

I was in the bathroom when I figured out that, if you, me, and FOU were all Town, then you almost cost us the game!

You should have know, as a NEWBIE Townie, I would trust you under that scenario.  Only an EXPERIENCED Townie would have know to do the math, and make sure your scenario did not give mafia, who have a scumchat to ensure their votes are almost simultanous, could both vote and win the game!

Damn you Toonyman.  I think you're Town, but no more gambits!  Not following you, when you don't know enough about newbie play to keep Town alive in a NEWBIE game.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toonman: You're why Hedgerow died.  You are.  I AM rubbing salt into this wound, because you need to LEARN.

You ARE Town, yet you ARE losing Town the game.  Try to think back to your first game, if you can.  What mistakes did you make? What hard lessons did you learn?
How did you lose in the past?  Reread your first couple of games if you have to.  Remember, we don't all have 10+ years of Mafia experience.  None of us has competed as Mafia Champions.  Get better at your coddling newbie play, Toonyman!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I so want to vote Toonyman right now.  But as I stated above, their recent awful gambit would only be fatal if they were Town. 
So it's far more likely to be bad Town play, than a mafia dick move to throw shade on me.  Too scummy to be scummy?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Jack:
Your response sounds so fake to me.

You voted like someone who knows a quickhammer isn't going to happen. You voted even though I mentioned that a quickhammer could happen at L-2. You voted even though Magma/Pref/Roden are the three people you find most suspicious.

Why? Why are you being so thoughtless and carefree? Why are you the only player that feels glee on a D2 mylo after we managed to accidentally kill the BP townie on D1? How can you be so playful?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For what it's worth, I saw Magma Mater was on within past 15 minutes prior to my reading Toonyman's message.  Not sure if that means anything.
Scared Townie or excited Mafia?  Thankfully, Toonyman was also checking frequently, and was able to act in 4 minutes.
...Toonyman, if you me and FOU were Town, we're only alive because the scum team was unavailable to hammer.  They could have done so within that 4 minutes.

It could be that Magma Mater's partner wasn't available at the time.

I will give Toonyman town points for waiting 2 and a half hours for that gambit to pay off.  That is dedication.  But needs a dose of wisdom to go along with it.

Why? Why are you being so thoughtless and carefree? Why are you the only player that feels glee on a D2 mylo after we managed to accidentally kill the BP townie on D1? How can you be so playful?

BECAUSE I'M NEW, YOU DUMBFUCK.

Toonyman

FUCK YOU, I'M DONE

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

UNVOTE

Because I should probably get back to work, and can't wait all day to see if this gets a response.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toonyman: Honestly, there will come a point where my opinion of you is going to flip from Bad Townie play to Expert Scum play. 

So far, I can counterbalance your play as not-newbie friendly Town play. 
But, it will probably flip to Expert Scum play.  Some of the things you've done, I would not think most scum could do. 
You're different.  You're special.  You're good.  After this, it really is looking more like a "when" instead of an "if".

Maybe we shouldn't trust Toonyman to write Magma Mater's ISO.  If they're scumbuddies, its just a propaganda piece.  Or at least, we shouldn't trust ONLY Toonyman to write an ISO for Magma Mater.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49