Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 49902 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Why'd you kill Bluarian?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Magma just voted to avoid ties.

Thanks for explaining why I commented that Magma mainly poked around and contributed nothing.  THAT is what I'm talking about.  Magma's play was mostly to direct others to vote, rather than to vote themselves.  Good points, but reacting to other player's actions rather than contributing.  How is that NOT mafia play?

@Pref: Why, with that statement you made, is Magma "obv town"?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Roden, Magma, and Jack are obv town so scum are FoU and Toony.

Alright, so why are those three obv town? I'd like you to explain ALL of them.  Even me.
Above, I questioned your obv town read of Magma. 
Roden, although having some good posts, I'm mainly reading Town because of Toonyman, but never understood why Toonyman was so sure on Roden, so maybe you can explain it better?
Explain why I'm obv town, so that I can see how your analysis pans out on someone I know is Town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Final question for Prefuzek: Since I don't seriously expect you to answer Toonyman's question, let me reword it.
Why do YOU think Bluarian was killed?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Why'd you kill Bluarian?
C'mon, buddy, we both know trying to figure out why the mafia performed the mafiakill is a sack of WIFOM.

Peoples' reads (esp. ToonyMan's) make no sense. Roden, Magma, and Jack are obv town so scum are FoU and Toony. Even if you don't trust me there's no way you should believe ToonyMan's "one of roden and magma are scum" thing.
Pretty sure it's more like both of them are scum. I don't see why you think Roden and Magma are obviously town. What makes it so you don't even have to consider them as options?

Oh, in advance:

No Lynch. Please don't hammer it until we all agree we're ready to end the day, kay?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Pref: The Motion Picture

#64 - Opening post, responds to Magma's question and my vote on them. Votes Jack for "focusing on looking town and not finding mafia." Also questions Hedgerow with suspicion.

Originally I thought this made Pref look good because they felt the same way I did about Jack while also voting them for it. Could still be true if the team really is Jack/FoU...

#126 - Gives a reads list. Defends their suspicious read of Hedgerow from Magma. Tells Rolan to vote someone.

Here's their reads:
BluarianKnight - town lean
EuchreJack - not getting the strong town vibes I usually do. In the past Jack's looked like they have no idea who's who and flail around because of it. They're still posting a lot but I think they have more information this time so it's less erratic. Scum, going to leave my vote for now
Magma Mater - strong town
webadict - up for replacement D1 so doesn't really matter. I disagree with some of their reads though
hedgerow - my gut said their first couple (very short) posts were scummy. This post would be super audacious for a new scum though so I don't know what to think. I'm guessing they'll be a lynch target today, good to keep an eye on.
Roden - probably town for suggesting BP step forward first
Rolan7 - null
ToonyMan - not playing normally (because of vet status?). Scum lean
Overall guess: 1 scum between EuchreJack/hedgerow and 1 scum between Toonyman/webadict/BluarianKnight.
They town read Bluarian, Magma, and Roden. Magma being the strongest of the three.
They scum read Jack and Toony.
They null read Web/FoU, Hedgerow, and Rolan.

They don't put Magma or Roden in their scum guess lists. Interesting that they slotted Bluarian into the scum guesses even though they had a town lean on them.

#135 - Attacks Jack, is still suspicious of Jack and Hedgerow.

Pref is continuing to throw doubt on Jack and Hedgerow. This looks very natural, it is unlikely to be an act. This means it's likely not a bus or distancing attempt.

#140 - Defends their scum read of Jack from Jack.

This is suppose to be a Pref ISO, but Jack really needs to tone down how defensive he gets when anyone even thinks of suspecting him, it's annoying and scummy. Defending yourself is fine but it can't be all you do, which they've at least shown they're capable of...kind of...I guess.

Moving on...this is another reason why Pref/Jack being mafia together just isn't a thing.

#148 - Throws their hands in the air about Hedgerow. Responds to Jack. Upgrades their read of Toony from scum lean to null after Magma questions them about it.

Questionable post from Pref. They're voting Jack still but seem content waiting around just suspecting Hedgerow and Jack. Pref doesn't give any exact reasoning why he moves me up to null when Magma asks. This makes me believe his read of me was arbitary or made up.

#186 - Votes for an extension.

Nothing to say here except they weren't the one who started the request.

#225 - Opposes Jack's vote for a second extension. Dislikes my argument that Jack is town, but agrees that Jack is probably town now. Unvotes Jack. Is null about Hedgerow, but agrees with Roden that Hedgerow might have scumslipped. Is suspicious of FoU more and builds a small case on them while voting FoU.

Pref might be sure the Hedgerow lynch is going to happen so they pick a "better" target instead to avoid associating with the Hedgerow wagon. Personally I don't think their case on FoU is very strong. It could mean that Pref is trying to distance from their scum partner, but I don't see it myself.

If Pref is town they should be pushing for FoU/Jack as the mafia team today, not FoU/Toony. Or at least should be wary of FoU/Jack at least even remotely. The fact they aren't is scummy.

#240 - Attacks Toony. Is okay with a Hedgerow lynch, but FoU seems better. Keeps voting FoU.

I don't think a Pref/FoU mafia team risks a FoU lynch actually happening on D1 of this Matrix6 setup. The town PRs would eat the last mafia alive if not the players themselves.

#242 - Reads Bluarian as medium town after Jack asks.

A bit wishy-washy about Bluarian. They're a town lean, but also okay to lynch, but doesn't seem willing to lynch here.

In Pref's favor the fact Bluarian was the mafiakill on N1 is very strange, it's not an optimal choice for any mafia combination. Does this show an incompetence of the mafia team, or the illusion of incompetence?

#248 - More banter with Jack. Maintains the Blue town read. Thinks it's possible Web was scum and doesn't want to speculate on the replace out. Tells Toony they aren't trying to give off null vibes, some people are just born with a heart full of neutrality. Toony asks them if they're more against lynching Bluarian or Rolan, Pref doesn't prefer either but if they had to choose they would lynch Rolan first.

I don't see any elaboration why they think Web/FoU are scum. Unfortunately I asked them a question that had two town in it, womp womp. Their "heart full of neutrality" response is pretty funny.

#343 - First post of Day 2. Is very sure that Roden/Magma/Jack are town and thus FoU and Toony are scum. Says that Toony's reads make no sense. Is upset that we go straight from D1 to MYLO.

Thinks me and FoU are scum because of pure POE. Why are they so sure Roden/Magma/Jack are town? I understand Magma maybe since they read Magma as strong town, but why Roden and Jack? They have little interactions with Roden. Jack is more plausible, but their complete lack of suspicion now is strange to me.

#344 - Gives a reason for why FoU and Toony are scum based on the Hedgerow wagon. Roden is probably okay because he voted Hedgerow first. Magma was just avoiding ties.

Weak case on me and FoU. What about Jack?

After doing Pref's ISO I think he is still the best hit for mafia but I want to question him more thoroughly.

Pref, if you're town the mafia team has to be Jack/FoU. Magma/Roden is an insane world that blows my mind and I'm not mafia. It has to be Jack/FoU. If you need me to answer anything I'm here. I don't want to get owned by a Jack/FoU team because that would be incredibly embarrassing for me after D1.

@FallacyofUrist:
You're next.

I've been hating Jack's posts today so much so you better damn hope you kill me tonight for lylo. I could swing either way right now on these two teams.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toony: Are you absolutely sure Pref/FoU can't be a scum pair?
No. It's not likely though.
Can you explain why?

@Magma:

If you're town I really think it's Pref/Roden. FoU has no team synergy with anyone but Jack, however if Pref is mafia then there's only one mafia left which removes Jack/FoU completely in my opinion. I don't see Pref/FoU myself and I truly believe that was town!Web reading town!Jack if Pref is mafia.

My only problem with Pref/Roden is why they killed Bluarian last night and not you. Roden suggesting you first over Pref and their complete lack of interactions with each other could be the answer.
Toony, please don't say scummy shit like this now. The only viable way I'm scum is if Jack is my partner, because otherwise I mis-elim him Day 1.

Toony is also saying that it can't be me / FoU. Why are you ignoring that?
I'm not, because that's exactly why I think you're the optimal vote if we trust Toony's reads. If FoU can't be paired with you or Pref, the pairing by default has to be you and Pref. If you think this is wrong, then you also have to think either me or Toony are scum here.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been hating Jack's posts today so much so you better damn hope you kill me tonight for lylo. I could swing either way right now on these two teams.

Jeez, I really don't know what you want from me.  Can't I play too?  I understand your frustration with my Magma Mater posts, they're lousy I'll admit.
But I thought at least my last three posts to Pref were good.

If you just want me to get out of your way for a bit, just tell me, OK?

Honestly, we need to learn to work together, since lylo could very well contain both of us.
Rational: You don't like me, I sometimes suspect you.
I'm not asking you to trust me, or even to tell me how to be less scummy.  Just tell me how to avoid pissing you off.  I don't want you to get an ulcer over this game.
I'm almost wishing for the bullet just for your mental health.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toonyman [Veteran Player]: I don't think I've ever played D2 before.  Could you tell me generally what we are supposed to be doing?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Toony: Are you absolutely sure Pref/FoU can't be a scum pair?
No. It's not likely though.
Can you explain why?
I did.

In my big Pref ISO post right above your post here. Pref is more likely to be partners with Magma or Roden than FoU.

Toony, please don't say scummy shit like this now. The only viable way I'm scum is if Jack is my partner, because otherwise I mis-elim him Day 1.
This isn't true Roden. Your possible partners are Magma and Pref. You're not mafia with Jack because your attack and then backing off looked natural. It's literally the opposite of what you're saying here.

Toony is also saying that it can't be me / FoU. Why are you ignoring that?
I'm not, because that's exactly why I think you're the optimal vote if we trust Toony's reads. If FoU can't be paired with you or Pref, the pairing by default has to be you and Pref. If you think this is wrong, then you also have to think either me or Toony are scum here.
If it has to be Magma and Pref then what's the problem with voting Pref first?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Toonyman [Veteran Player]: I don't think I've ever played D2 before.  Could you tell me generally what we are supposed to be doing?
Let's play a game within a game.

Everyone, join me please.

Pretend you're mafia. If you're already mafia then just be honest.

Answer these question:
1. Who is your mafia partner in this world?
2. What is your reasoning for killing Bluarian on N1?

I'll answer first.

My mafia partner would be Roden.
We kill Bluarian instead of Jack or Magma because we can just push for a Pref or Rolan lynch on D2. With Rolan being modkilled we change our POE to Pref/Magma. It is an easy victory.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Player's POEs

It's straight up these two combinations in my opinion:
Magma/Pref - high likelihood
Jack/FoU - low likelihood
So my proposed scumteam is Magma Mater and Roden.
I'm going to go with my individual reads and say that the pair is FoU and prefuzek.
So the remaining team is Prefuzek/Magma, or some less obvious team.
Roden, Magma, and Jack are obv town so scum are FoU and Toony.
If Pref vs FoU isn't scum vs scum, then even if there is one scum between them, by PoE due to my town reads the second scum has to be Magma. Does this make sense? Jack Toony and I seem to all be town reading each other, so it literally only leaves Magma, right?

Toony -> Pref/Roden or Jack/FoU
Fallacy -> Magma and Roden
Magma -> FoU and Pref
Jack -> Pref and Magma
Pref -> FoU and Toony
Roden -> Pref or FoU with Magma

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Sorry my top POE row should say

"Toony -> Pref/Magma or Pref/Roden or Jack/FoU"

aka

"Toony -> Everyone"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Answer these question:
Huh, interesting approach. Actually, I like it.

My partner would be Prefuzek, and we killed Bluarian because we thought he was a likely power role.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Answer these question:

I'll answer first.

My mafia partner would be Roden.
We kill Bluarian instead of Jack or Magma because we can just push for a Pref or Rolan lynch on D2. With Rolan being modkilled we change our POE to Pref/Magma. It is an easy victory.

1) My partner is Prefuzek.  Notice how I agreed with his voting on me? 
FOU/Web CAN'T be my partner, as most of the so called associations others see would have occurred in Scumchat.  Frankly, if FOU/Web were my scumpartner, I wouldn't have asked Toonyman one question, I would have asked FOU/Web in scumchat.  Although, you can see a natural reason why Web up and quit if we were scumpartners.
You can imagine that FOU/Web would have successfully told me to shut up at least one time that I in fact continue posting.
Can't be Toonyman, because every discussion we've had about good play would have occured in scumchat instead of here, and frankly I'd be playing better.
Can't be Magma Mater, because we'd be having similar discussions that I've had with Toonyman, and I'd be playing better.
Prefuzek, on the other hand, would be like "eh, seems to be working, whatever you think is best"
We'd be a relatively inexperienced scumteam, so I'd be seeking advice from Toonyman that we could both use.
Can't be Roden, as I don't think we could pull off the D1 argument without scripting it in advance.  The timing is off, mostly.

2) I didn't want to kill Blue because I thought Blue was a good target for a mislynch and I thought I could complete my vote on them.  I wanted to lynch Toonyman.  But Pref has a great argument for eliminating Blue, and I went along with it.  Probably had something to do with framing Toonyman, FOU, and/or Magma.  I would have bought into that.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49