Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 49719 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Obviously, what Toonyman is doing here is stirring up the mud by using a reads list that I no longer believe.  So I'm going to update the reads list, based upon NEW information.  We can't ignore new information, like Toonyman seems to be determined to do.  Older is NOT better, in this situation.  The opposite, instead, is true.

Roden: So fucking townie I can't believe it.  While I suspect everyone, I suspect Roden the least.  If Toonyman hadn't killed our 1-shot Bulletproof, I'd say the smart play for Roden would be to lie about being the 1-shot Bulletproof, so we'd actually have them around D3.  Jailkeeper, there is your target!

Pref: Needs to start delivering on promises.  So null for now.

Toonyman: This is more a null read, but wanted to indicated it was scum leaning.  And getting scummier by the second.  That last gambit really broke my town confidence in them.  The lying doesn't help.

Magma Mater: I saw you watching Toony's gambit.  If Toony is town, you're scum.

FOU: Ugh, I guess Web probably was mafia trying to buddy me.  FOU just didn't get the memo.  Their answer to Toony's hypothetical was riddled with errors. But, I should mention to the rest of you, only FOU and I played the game.  What's your excuse? This list is continuing to evolve you know...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why are you acting like this on a D2 mylo? It's so jovial with a mix of fake anger thrown in for show.
You have it backwards, and it hits upon my core personality.  I am super angry all the time, with a mix of fake jovial so people like me.  That is the basic core of my being.
In meat world, I have to be "nice" all the fucking time.  So, here, in a GAME with anonymity, I can unleash all my anger.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why are you acting like this on a D2 mylo? It's so jovial with a mix of fake anger thrown in for show.
For everyone else, since ToonyMan can just go suck eggs at this point, recall this is my first D2 mylo.  I really have no fucking clue how I'm "supposed" to act, or "not supposed" to act.  Or, why "acting" is so important to Toonyman.  Why does honesty offend Toonyman so?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I really want to see Toonyman's ISO on FOU, and I want it to be good, but he can't write it if I keep giving him reasons to post.

One hour moratorium on my posting starts now, or until Toonyman's ISO is finished.  I can only post here to unvote Toonyman, should Toonyman unvote FOU.

Starting NOW

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

FOU: Ugh, I guess Web probably was mafia trying to buddy me.  FOU just didn't get the memo.
What do you mean here? FoU is also buddying you. The big change for me is that Web was saying I'm "def scum" while FoU thinks I'm "def town".

Why are you voting a null read and not Magma or FoU, who you suspect more?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'm at work. Don't expect anything major until the evening.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FOU: Ugh, I guess Web probably was mafia trying to buddy me.  FOU just didn't get the memo.
What do you mean here? FoU is also buddying you. The big change for me is that Web was saying I'm "def scum" while FoU thinks I'm "def town".

Why are you voting a null read and not Magma or FoU, who you suspect more?
Answer regarding the vote: I read Toony's play as the Nuclear option.  In a nuclear standoff as the United States, you don't point your nukes at North Korea, whom you think is super scummy.  You point your nukes at the USSR, who is the more neutral country that started the whole mess by pointing nukes at Japan.

However, it seems that leaving Toonyman alone has greatly improved their usefulness to Town.  I hadn't realized FOU was also buddying me, I thought that ended with the replacement.  FOU must be more subtle about it (which is easy since Web would scream out whom they were buddying).

Optimal Townie play from me, at this point, would seem to be leaving Toonyman alone for a while.  No hard lock this time, unless that proved useful, but I'll generally leave this thread alone for a while.
@Toonyman: I still think we should both unvote.  It's the voting anyone that makes you scummy.  It doesn't matter whom your voting.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

I...

Why are y'all even voting when a quickhammer could cost us the game? Are you trying to get me to reconsider my town reads? Bloody 'ell.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Jack:
Optimal Townie play from me, at this point, would seem to be leaving Toonyman alone for a while.  No hard lock this time, unless that proved useful, but I'll generally leave this thread alone for a while.
@Toonyman: I still think we should both unvote.  It's the voting anyone that makes you scummy.  It doesn't matter whom your voting.
Then why are you voting me? If voting people is scummy, by your logic you're scummy.

@FoU:
Vote me FoU if you want to narrow down who could be mafia.

I'm willing to bet scum won't be able to quickhammer me when I'm at L-2 which proves at least one of FoU/Jack is mafia or that one of the mafia is me. Is that something you're willing to risk?

Also in case you haven't/don't see it:
@FoU:
Tell me exactly why Jack is a solid town read for you and why Pref is a more likely partner than Jack.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I don't have work today because July 4 is a Murican holiday. Ask Me Anything.)

I'm willing to bet scum won't be able to quickhammer me when I'm at L-2 which proves at least one of FoU/Jack is mafia or that one of the mafia is me. Is that something you're willing to risk?
Quickhammer baiting is a ridiculous strategy. It proves nothing because every player of the game, town and mafia alike, has different time availability to use the forums. I do not approve.

@FoU:
Tell me exactly why Jack is a solid town read for you and why Pref is a more likely partner than Jack.
It's simple. If Jack was actually scum, he'd be receiving tutoring from his scumbuddy in the mafiachat. There is no sign of the results of any such tutoring, though. He's still floundering. Floundering slightly more effectively than last game, notably, but still flopping around like TheBiggerFish. There's no restraint. Even with his mistakes I still think he's town. You on the other hand I'm forced to reconsider.

Prefuzek is a more likely partner than Jack because Jack is too obvious. We've been all buddy-buddy all game. Prefuzek is maintaining distance, in this scenario.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I don't want to vote Roden or Magma. Whether it's Pref/FoU or Jack/FoU it's still a hit on FoU from my POV.

Quickhammer baiting is a ridiculous strategy. It proves nothing because every player of the game, town and mafia alike, has different time availability to use the forums. I do not approve.
Nope. Not if you both leave your votes on me for a full 24 hours or something. There's going to be at least one or two hours in that time span where mafia can communicate and do the quickhammer.

Prefuzek is a more likely partner than Jack because Jack is too obvious. We've been all buddy-buddy all game. Prefuzek is maintaining distance, in this scenario.
Great, so you agree it's most likely Pref/FoU or Jack/FoU.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. Not if you both leave your votes on me for a full 24 hours or something. There's going to be at least one or two hours in that time span where mafia can communicate and do the quickhammer.
... what? Brain hurty.

Great, so you agree it's most likely Pref/FoU or Jack/FoU.
I just said if I was scum Jack/FoU would be unlikely.

Look, if it's gonna be either of those pairs, it's Pref/FoU. Jack is so fishy it's impossible for him to be scum.

Of course I still think it's more likely that the true pair is Roden/Magma, but you've lost a lot of credit with your recent actions, meaning I have to rethink.

Ugh.

It couldn't be a Magma/Toony team, couldn't it? Shit, it absolutely could. Now I'm worried.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

... what? Brain hurty.
Let me help little brain FoU.

Scum #1 posts at 9am - "Hey Toony has two votes on him, let's coordinate a quickhammer so we just win."
Scum #2 at like 2pm - "Alright man, how about at 9pm today or if that doesn't work for you I can be around for 9am tomorrow to perform the quickhammer."
Scum #1 posts at like 3pm - "Cool cool, yeah 9pm works for me."
or
Scum #1 posts at like 3pm - "9pm is too late for me sorry, but yeah I can do 9am tomorrow, see you there."

It couldn't be a Magma/Toony team, couldn't it? Shit, it absolutely could. Now I'm worried.
Gonna have to keep me and Magma alive for lylo tomorrow, ahaha.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You realize they don't have to kill, right?

All they have to do is... no action. Don't use the factional kill.

It works because it preserves the game state at MYLO. A mis-execution wins them the game either way, so why would they act and give the town more information?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@FoU:
Voting me also gives the town more information. If you think I'm mafia it's straight up a win-win from your POV.

So what is it? Am I your top town read or not? Jack has decided I'm not and that nobody can be trusted and that everyone is suspicious.

You realize they don't have to kill, right?

All they have to do is... no action. Don't use the factional kill.

It works because it preserves the game state at MYLO. A mis-execution wins them the game either way, so why would they act and give the town more information?
Lame. I'm used to the Champs game so if mafia are allowed not to kill I wasn't aware of that. This makes it an even better reason for you to vote me.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49