Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 132005 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Fish Stories.
« Reply #915 on: September 13, 2021, 11:34:02 pm »

Stab at the beast with my needle as soon as any part of it hits the deck.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Legally distinct laser sword.
« Reply #916 on: September 14, 2021, 12:52:19 am »

<snip>

The young man promises he will if you put him down. You realize you've been holding him off the ground by his head. You set him down and follow behind as he leads you down to the harbor and over to a man who is...quite similar to you. He's a giant of a man, though more muscular, wearing a white homunculi robe with the hood down. He notices you jogging over as he gives orders to other men.

"I see someone on the ship died." The robed man says, looking you up and down. "What can you do?"

<snip>

Thank you good lad!”, Hugh says to the young man as he waves to him and then turns to the man in the white robe.  “Died?”, He asks, frowning.  “…Oh, of course, what can I do?… well I’m a glutton (or at least that’s what I think I am).  I guess that means that I eat things. I’m not to sure of what I can do myself.  I’ve only existed for what seems like minutes, if you can imagine that, Ho! Ho! Ho!  You seem to to be a humonculus (or at least someone allied with them), so perhaps you could give me some insight into what I can do with my powers.  And more importantly, how I can use those powers to benefit and protect you and your town.”, he says with a broad smile across his face.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #917 on: September 14, 2021, 01:29:38 am »

2/3. No need to put it in the turn unless something happens

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 14, 2021, 03:29:06 am »

"I don't think the fish care what they eat."
Rush towards the monster and stab it with my needle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #919 on: September 14, 2021, 10:00:35 am »

look through the needle's eye for a core to the magic permeating this beast, then burrow towards it using the needle, if no core is found then just burrow up through the beast

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 14, 2021, 11:19:59 am »

Greed blasts lasers at the hammer thing.
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Fish Stories
« Reply #921 on: September 14, 2021, 09:09:48 pm »

Now seems like a good time. I descend on the Hammer to introduce it to the pointy end of my needle.
If I get into trouble, my intention is to fully change into air, or if I somehow fell into the water, to fully change into water.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 14, 2021, 10:52:51 pm »

Now seems like a good time. I descend on the Hammer to introduce it to the pointy end of my needle.
If I get into trouble, my intention is to fully change into air, or if I somehow fell into the water, to fully change into water.

<snip>

((What will happen to your inventory if you do those things?  Can you still grasp/wear things when you’re made entirely of air or water?))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 15, 2021, 03:04:17 am »

<snip>

((What will happen to your inventory if you do those things?  Can you still grasp/wear things when you’re made entirely of air or water?))
((we'll find out, won't we?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 15, 2021, 11:05:17 am »

<snip>

((there's a reason I'm not doing it if I'm not in danger))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 15, 2021, 04:33:12 pm »

Team Boat

Youare attempts to get to the side of the leviathan, staying on the surface of the water. He notifies the other homunculi by needle when he reaches his destination so they can dash in beside him, before pulling some essential purpose out of the beast's body or hide. Like "Move" or "Breathe" or "Separate" if it's pulled out of the skin.

"Right! Now push me overboard, really! I think I can get to the thing! And link with me if you want to be in on the action once I'm there!"

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #926 on: September 16, 2021, 01:12:42 pm »

look through the needle's eye for a core to the magic permeating this beast, then burrow towards it using the needle, if no core is found then just burrow up through the beast
[5][1][+1 fate]

You look through the eye of the needle and see the core of this monstrosity very clearly: Embedded deep inside its chest is a rod shaped spot of bright white radiating out to neon green that spreads throughout the creature's body.

You smile, raise your needle in preparation to start mining flesh, and then suddenly find yourself garroted and dragged under water. One of the giant carnivorous fish from earlier has swum over and bit hold of your hood, dragging you by the neck into the water. Its dragging you deeper by the moment as well.  [-1 hp]

"I don't think the fish care what they eat."
Rush towards the monster and stab it with my needle.
[1][+1 Fate]

You slip on the wet deck and faceplant [-1 hp]. You lose your hold on your needle and it skitters off across the deck and rolls towards the edge while Liz lands with a squeak a few feet from you.

Greed blasts lasers at the hammer thing.
[5]
You wais for the blinding flash of light from a lightning bolt and harness it. Beams of pure white light seem to lance out of the lightning bolt and perforate the beast in a dozen places. It roars and the smell of cooking fish fills the air. Despite this, the Hammer continues to move, almost unabetted.

[4]
You drop from the sky, slowing yourself only slightly, aiming to do a plunging stab right into the Hammer's head. Between the winds and the beast's movement you miss, but only by a bit. You end up driving your needle into the beast's left shoulder, sinking it in up to the handle. The fishy flesh glows bright white and then a massive crater of it vanishes, leaving behind a massive bleeding hole. Your needle glows a bright greenish blue.

Team Boat

Youare attempts to get to the side of the leviathan, staying on the surface of the water. He notifies the other homunculi by needle when he reaches his destination so they can dash in beside him, before pulling some essential purpose out of the beast's body or hide. Like "Move" or "Breathe" or "Separate" if it's pulled out of the skin.

"Right! Now push me overboard, really! I think I can get to the thing! And link with me if you want to be in on the action once I'm there!"

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
[3]
You give chase and get near the Hammer, but a constant rush of water from around it prevents you from getting close. Also, your arms are kind of pinned to your sides. Fish don't have arms, after all.

Stab at the beast with my needle as soon as any part of it hits the deck.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

Shame we couldn't lift it up before it hit the ship. No matter, the lifting spell will benefit us eventually if the fighting goes sour.

"I'm going to discharge a spell to keep us protected for the next few moments! If any of you want to do something slightly dangerous, now's the time."

Grey fires the spell in his needle into the deck of the ship:Maintain the health and physical well being of the ship's crew(5). Because Grey had the captain add the Homunculi to the ship's manifest earlier, "crew" should include all the Homunculi in our party, even if they aren't onboard currently.

Let's follow Youare and Flame's example. Grey climbs the railing and jumps to the rising monster, spending 1 fate with the goal of piercing something soft with his needle.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
[6][2,4]
These were missed. No part of the beast hit the deck this turn through, except at the very end. That 6 means that Luta instead hurls herself off and onto the beast's chest and now finds herself crawling around on its armored carapace belly after vaporizing a chunk of it and getting some green-blue power in her needle.

Gray unloads the spell in his needle and also finds himself crawling around on the beast's belly after a stab.

[6][3]
"The arm! Aim at the shoulder!" The captain shouts, pointing up at the Hammer's Crab Claw right arm. The cannons spin rapidly on their turrets and tilt upwards, men at their base rapidly cranking wheels and handles to aim.  The cannons fire in disjointed bursts, each rotating about and opening up as soon as they get a bead on the target.  The concentrated fire doesn't shove the hammer away like the single burst from before, but instead seems to slowly rotate it and prevent it from building up any sort of momentum. It tips to its left and catches hold of the deck with its finned suction cup covered limb, rocking the entire ship  to one side with it. Debby's needle, previously rolling away from her, starts rolling back towards her as Liz slides back her way as well. [1] Everyone on the deck is knocked from their feet as the ship lists hard to its right. Those further on the left side slide across the deck while those on the right end up piled against the railing. Several crew members go tumbling off into the sea while the Captain hangs tightly to one of the deck guns.

"Get its arm off the deck!" He shouts over the screams and thunder.

As everyone tries to stand up and get their footing on the slick and tilted deck, they notice a bright glow from the Hammer's wounds. The cannon holes in its flesh are swelling and puckering, closing before their eyes. The wound Tess inflicted on its shoulder is healing as well, though slower. Muscle fiber and fat are emerging from the edges of the injury like earthworms and wriggling as the hole begins to squeeze itself closed.   
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 09:10:29 pm by piecewise »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 16, 2021, 02:42:37 pm »

Greed looks through the eye of his needle at the leviathan.  Then he shoots lasers at the thing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:54:49 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #928 on: September 16, 2021, 05:23:16 pm »

Greed looks through the eye of his needle at the leviathan.  Then he shoots lasers at the white bar thing and shouts:“Aim for the center of its chest!!!”
How does greed know to do this? This seems pretty Meta-gamey

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 16, 2021, 06:18:02 pm »

3/3. I assume I arrive this turn? Or the next? If I do arrive now, check if the branch office is open. If not, make arrangements for lodging for the night. otherwise go in and make contact, establish my level of access to information, and explain why I am there - to discuss the event 5 years ago wherein that particular town collapsed, and the cleanup of rods of plenty afterward.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 116