Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36

Author Topic: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!  (Read 39816 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission 1 - Toony's Pick
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2021, 05:07:52 pm »

Thinking on it, you are either sheeping euchre, or pushing for someone to be confirmed town that is one of your spies, while setting up others to fall.

Whoever's turn it is to pick, you should go with your gut, don't let spyadict push you into making a plan you don't agree with.

Agreed.  And the term is Buddying.  If you actually bothered to read anything, you'd see me and spyadict don't actually agree on...basically anything.

Still, I get to be as aggressive as I want, and webadict will back me up, so that certainly frees me up.  I mean, if you had a player willing to constantly confirm your being a Rebel and attack anyone that calls you a Spy, you are a TANK.  And Tanks are only good on offensive, so you barrel away.  If anything, I've been way too soft.

Seriously TricMagic, I'm not calling you a spy (yet), but please read all the rule, and all the supplements, and ask questions of the mod like I already had to do to clean up your mess.  If you could avoid posting before doing that, it would really help a lot, thanks!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2021, 05:34:54 pm »

Not that both of those suggestions have a spy on them. Which isn't conductive to finding spys, not that I want to pass a team with a spy on it.
"I can't come up with good teams because I'm afraid I'll reveal my spy buddies."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2021, 05:48:07 pm »

I don't know who the Bodyguard is in the rebels though. It'd be cool if they could come out and claim...
How exactly would that benefit the rebels?  It would just be one less rebel that might be the Commander.  Sounds like it would help the Spies.
The same way me coming out as the Commander benefits the rebels.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2021, 05:49:00 pm »

If Toony and I were both Spies, I'm willing to think that they'd put me in the first mission with them, since, again, we would be aiming hard for the Commander win.

Hey webadict, that sounds kinda like you might be giving a signal as a spy to a spy.  Toony hadn't said anything about aiming hard for the Commander win.

Isn't that the famous "If I was a spy" gambit that a spy would use to communicate?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2021, 05:49:45 pm »

Now watch as webadict ignores me...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2021, 05:57:08 pm »

If Toony and I were both Spies, I'm willing to think that they'd put me in the first mission with them, since, again, we would be aiming hard for the Commander win.

Hey webadict, that sounds kinda like you might be giving a signal as a spy to a spy.  Toony hadn't said anything about aiming hard for the Commander win.

Isn't that the famous "If I was a spy" gambit that a spy would use to communicate?
I mean, if you want to think it is, go ahead. I just know how ToonyMan plays. That's how I'd play, and I already know who the Commander is, so it doesn't really matter, does it?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2021, 06:00:27 pm »

Thanks for responding.  Kinda thought you were ignoring me for a bit there.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2021, 07:18:36 pm »

Thanks for responding.  Kinda thought you were ignoring me for a bit there.
? Why? I didn't respond to the other posts because they didn't need a response. If you want a specific response, ask for one.

Thinking on it, you are either sheeping euchre, or pushing for someone to be confirmed town that is one of your spies, while setting up others to fall.

Whoever's turn it is to pick, you should go with your gut, don't let spyadict push you into making a plan you don't agree with.
Come up with a team for first mission. Or don't, and confirm yourself a Spy.

@Everyone: Just post a list of your preferred teams right now. If you voted fail, even more so.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2021, 07:28:48 pm »

Not like we're ever get to me, but.

I'd go Jack, Vector, probably Knightwing? Blue sheeping is a bit weird. Maybe Fal in a pinch.

Picking myself is obvious, but I doubt you want to here that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2021, 08:09:35 pm »

We are all the Commander. Fear our hive mind, spy scum.

If I had to pick a team right now, it'd be webadict, ToonyMan, and Jim Groovester. I'm just waiting for Jim's Commander claim to confirm it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2021, 08:17:13 pm »

Not like we're ever get to me, but.
I'd go Jack, Vector, probably Knightwing? Blue sheeping is a bit weird. Maybe Fal in a pinch.
Picking myself is obvious, but I doubt you want to here that.
Haha Jack? Jim? Oh you mean EuchreJack.

Why aren't you including yourself on the team? Why does it matter what others think? Nobody has been mechanically proven as possible spy.

If I had to pick a team right now, it'd be webadict, ToonyMan, and Jim Groovester. I'm just waiting for Jim's Commander claim to confirm it.
Why aren't you including yourself on a Mission 1 team?

I could understand if this was a later mission and you had been on a team that was sabotaged, but that isn't the case here. We are all on equal footings.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2021, 08:21:26 pm »

*walks into thread*

*thread is on fire*

mm... toasty. OK, rereading.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2021, 08:32:21 pm »

What Webadict is saying is that if I were a spy he'd expect me to put two rebels on my team and then "lay low" during Mission 1.

This gives the benefit of clearing myself (at the cost of giving the rebels a mission win), but more importantly it's a strategy to try to figure out who the Commander is and Web thinks that is how I would play as a spy. The Commander would never want to pass the mission because there's one spy on the team. It's high risk, high reward.

It's a valid tactic, and one I can't disprove.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2021, 08:35:31 pm »

It's precisely because it's mission 1 that I'm not including myself. I know I'm a rebel. I'm the Commander, after all.

So I get more information out of a team pick that doesn't include myself compared to one that does include myself.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2021, 08:36:54 pm »

It's precisely because it's mission 1 that I'm not including myself. I know I'm a rebel. I'm the Commander, after all.

So I get more information out of a team pick that doesn't include myself compared to one that does include myself.

Ah yes. The Commander. Who needs to work to figure out who is a spy and who isn't.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36