Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!  (Read 39754 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission 1 - Toony's Pick
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2021, 08:39:35 pm »

Multiple posts incoming as I reread...

Of course, the Spies only need to identify the Commander at the END of the game, not the beginning.  In fact, if we Rebels lose three missions, then it doesn't even matter to the Spies who is the Commander.  Was there anything else?

While I'm not doubting that Web could be a spy, aren't you concerned that all evidence may someday prove that Web is definitely not a Spy, and that you'll HAVE to put Web on a team?

1. I mean, sure, but you flipped out quite a bit about a joke that folks said they would play even before the game!

2. No, not concerned at all :D

Also, I'm going to take an early shot and say that webadict and Vector aren't mafia together, this is very much in line with their normal play when they don't have any information. Which makes putting them on the same team for that particular mission a good thing.

. . . . . . . You've never seen me play on a scumteam, dude, let alone on a scumteam with Web. Stop buddying me and go sniff somebody else's ass.

To answer the question, I'd rather see a few other plans posted and voted on to provide us with more information from this phase. I don't know enough about Blue this game to make a judgement yet. If it was a later mission then I'd probably vote to pass that plan, but it was the very first pick.

Yes, but you do realize that you can wait to pass or fail a mission, right? Why'd you jump on that so quick?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2021, 08:40:42 pm »

Why do you think I proposed my team 20 minutes into the Day start FoU?

I already know almost everything.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2021, 08:41:02 pm »

Not like we're ever get to me, but.

I'd go Jack, Vector, probably Knightwing? Blue sheeping is a bit weird. Maybe Fal in a pinch.

Picking myself is obvious, but I doubt you want to here that.
So, then, I'm Sheeping EJ?

Thinking on it, you are either sheeping euchre, or pushing for someone to be confirmed town that is one of your spies, while setting up others to fall.

Vector kinda makes sense, can't fault that one.
Knightwing hasn't been in the thread, so not sure why them.
No idea why you're throwing BK under the bus.
FoU? Still? FoU is hardcore sheeping ME!

Overall, I rate your team a D+. EuchreJack is 100% Town, or you're trying to throw shade on that. Vector isn't a horrible pick, but I don't like the reliance you put on them. BK you are continually trying to distance from because they are sheeping you, so it really just proves you're both Spies. FoU I also don't like you keeping at a weird distance, which lowers them on the Spydar.

So, is your goal to use EuchreJack, Knightwing, and/or Vector to throw off suspicion from Blu and yourself?

If Toony and I were both Spies, I'm willing to think that they'd put me in the first mission with them, since, again, we would be aiming hard for the Commander win.
Hey webadict, that sounds kinda like you might be giving a signal as a spy to a spy.  Toony hadn't said anything about aiming hard for the Commander win.
Isn't that the famous "If I was a spy" gambit that a spy would use to communicate?
What Webadict is saying is that if I were a spy he'd expect me to put two rebels on my team and then "lay low" during Mission 1.

This gives the benefit of clearing myself (at the cost of giving the rebels a mission win), but more importantly it's a strategy to try to figure out who the Commander is and Web thinks that is how I would play as a spy. The Commander would never want to pass the mission because there's one spy on the team. It's high risk, high reward.

It's a valid tactic, and one I can't disprove.
This is why we're the best Co-Commanders.

Also, I'm going to take an early shot and say that webadict and Vector aren't mafia together, this is very much in line with their normal play when they don't have any information. Which makes putting them on the same team for that particular mission a good thing.

. . . . . . . You've never seen me play on a scumteam, dude, let alone on a scumteam with Web. Stop buddying me and go sniff somebody else's ass.
Ugh, I should've recruited you in Super10, what was I even thinking.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2021, 09:02:36 pm »

BluarianKnight just copycatted all-but-confirmed-scum TricMagic's arguments for why it's web/Toony w/w without any real research, likely because I pointed out significantly good reasons on why ToonyMan's picks are inherently a Townie move to PASS. FoU not passing is super scummy. BK should ALSO be Passing, and it's bizarre that they didn't immediately do so, ALONG WITH DEFENDING THEMSELVES BEFORE THE MISSION EVEN FAILED! They immediately took the defensive without even knowing the result, especially when I pointed out it would indeed point to them being scum. I mean, ANY MISSION YOU ARE ON THAT FAILS IS SCUMMY, WHAT?!
I haven't had too much time to dig in my heels - but this? This feels off.

In short - if it fails, I must be the spy. It's a great case - to push the blame on somebody else. And to prod a spybuddy to fail it to push town into a bad position.

I'm gonna hold my vote for now - it's a goddamn waste to vote early. Save it. Wait until it gets close - or when you'll not be able to, then put it down. Information is worth it.

I'm leaning passing for now - I think we need information. If it fails - NO ONE should be 'confirmed' or 'cleared' of suspicion. That sets a bad precedent where one wrong 'confirmed' can let the spies claim victory.

I think Euchre's a Rebel - very jumpy - but it feels like he's getting back into the handle of things. Not off my list of suspects though.

[...]

I'm personally keeping my eyes on those with the wordy, roleplay filled types - Webadict, that sort, because it gives a lot of chances to slip in messages.

If I had to guess.. It's a Web-Toony-someone else for Spies. Web gave Toony a perfect out for it - I don't think it's FoU, but it could be Web-FoU-someone else too.
This post right here is sheeping TricMagic, the obvscum, calling EuchreJack Town, which is sheeping my argument, and also calling ToonyMan scum. They're literally preemptively defending their failing the mission. If that ain't some scummy shit, I don't even know what is.

Huh - kinda interesting that you removed your original post from this, trying to say I'm 'sheeping'.

My point is still valid - I think you're covering for Toony's ass.

Please provide some proof I'm copying off Tric - I laid my proof out, and I still think my evidence is good work - but you're trying to state I'm copying my work off of Tric - who, from what I've seen, isn't bringing up my points at all? Unless I'm blind - but, again, no proof shown of this accusation.

But, to aid; let me give you the three posts; your original post, my reply, and this final reply.

Spoiler: The original Web post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My Response (click to show/hide)

I don't wanna bloat this post, so they're all being kept in spoilers, but - to note.

Where's this evidence of me sheeping Tric?
You have a bunch of quotes - I know you could dig into me if I was covering him for any reason - but the only thing I can find is this;

BK sheeping TricMagic.

Out of nowhere. Yet now it's something you've pinned out as fact. This bugs the hell out of me.

I've looked through your posts, Web. You don't have evidence, you got a 'gut read';

@Webadict:
Care to share what this obvious towntell is for TricMagic and why they aren't town in this game?
TricMagic is really easy to read if you know what to look for. If TricMagic is utterly incomprehensible, they're Town. If they're playing carefully right off the bat, they're scum.

It's just that easy.

Vector can back me up on this.

Which, hey - it's fine. But you're tossing me 'sheeping' him - I'm not. I took the post, and ran my thoughts down it - I still hold it to be true. You gave Toony a perfect setup to fail and put the blame on me with your argument, because 'he was too smart to fail D1'.

That's still not being pointed out as a bit strange? But me stating it IS strange.

If I'm sheeping - please point it out, because I'm genuinely not seeing it. If I'm blind, I'd like to see where I'm 'copying' from.

Now, I'm not stating I think Tric is town - fuck that. Catching up, he's playing fast and quick - he's either playing terrible town, or is burning himself as a spy - or just not good at playing without a mafia-chat.

Don't put him on a mission, clear as that.

Gonna do a respond to anything else shortly, writing this was a bitch - did not look up what Sheeping meant, and it meant scrapping a tirade.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2021, 09:21:35 pm »

This gives the benefit of clearing myself (at the cost of giving the rebels a mission win), but more importantly it's a strategy to try to figure out who the Commander is and Web thinks that is how I would play as a spy. The Commander would never want to pass the mission because there's one spy on the team. It's high risk, high reward.

Honestly, it seems low-risk to me? Confirming yourself is always a good move as scum?

Also - this is a huge red flag to me too. Toony - people can and SHOULD fail you. The information gained is worth it - calling people spies for doing so is pretty scummy to me.

And this is a big red flag for me, because you, like Euchre, are losing it over RVS. Unlike Euchre, you don't have the excuse of being a baby newb.

I haven't forgotten MMMM either >:[[[
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2021, 09:32:23 pm »

My point is still valid - I think you're covering for Toony's ass.
Uh yeah, Webadict is the Bodyguard and confirms me!

Honestly, it seems low-risk to me? Confirming yourself is always a good move as scum?
I think giving up a Mission win to the other team is inherently risky and betting it all on guessing the Commander is high risk.

I agree that confirming yourself as a possible rebel is a positive, but these two points detract from it. Hence high risk, high reward.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2021, 09:43:52 pm »

TricMagic is really easy to read if you know what to look for. If TricMagic is utterly incomprehensible, they're Town. If they're playing carefully right off the bat, they're scum.

It's just that easy.

Vector can back me up on this.

Yeah, this is true, although for me the tell is less "carefulness" and more "doesn't sound like a complete unhinged lunatic." I literally thought that mod-confirmed mason Tric was more likely to be scum than BK in MMMM due to behavioral cues, so it's true that if I don't desperately want to murder them, they're probably scum. More on this in a minute.

Ugh, I should've recruited you in Super10, what was I even thinking.
[/quote]

Your loss, Wubsy ... metaphorically speaking ;)

Hmm, wanna try again for me? EuchreJack is definitely a Rebel.

Basically, they have LuckyOwled themselves into showing Town. I do not know how you don't see that unless you're purposefully blinding yourself.

Look at their defense. You are so wrong it hurts. They are newbtown in like 5 different nutshells.

Vector, why you gotta do this to me? You're breaking my heart because you can't trust me to read the newbie.

What about FoU or Tric? What's your take?

OK, do you remember when you pocketed BK just like this, as the Dark Magus, and they turned out to be an SK

I'm not gonna sheep ya, bub. That's not my job. Your job is to protect the baby sheep, my job is to be the pain in your ass so that no one else has to do it.

... With that said, my read on Euchre is town-to-null right now. They're playing in a very uncoordinated way and sheeping me a little, whereas if they were newbscum I'd be expecting them to hew close to the scumteam.

I'm personally not in favor of running a mission that is going to fail. You want this mission to pass for whatever reason. Is one of your buddies on it?

Any reason why you're already sure that the mission will fail... ?

Web: I agree that Tric is more subdued this game, although I will say that it could just be due to a lack of ability to run around ... collecting hats ... or whatever. I should probably reread the thread again (sigh) but they aren't looking good on D1.

Individually, FoU also looks bad to me (see other mini-posts), specifically that really strong kneejerk mission failure vote right out of the gate and subsequent attempts to cover it up. The interactions look OK between them and Tric.

Maybe Tric/FoU/Knight? Although I'd expect Tric and FoU to be trying to cover more for Knight when Knight is taking fire from both Jim and you.

I'm like 50-50 on passing/failing the mission at this point. If FoU is scum then we have a pretty good likelihood that they'll take the gambit to let the mission succeed in order to cover, so it could be pretty safe to let it pass regardless. A free W and then not letting them on the next mission could be a decent way to resolve this.

On the other hand, if BK is scum then they get to pick who goes on the next mission anyway, and as previously mentioned they'd be reasonably likely to sabotage the mission even if they were the only spy on it. So although I currently don't think they're on the scumteam, this might be worth thinking about before we hammer P/F.

If it's BK+FoU ... IDK LOL.

I think giving up a Mission win to the other team is inherently risky and betting it all on guessing the Commander is high risk.

I agree that confirming yourself as a possible rebel is a positive, but these two points detract from it. Hence high risk, high reward.

OK, fair.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2021, 09:51:50 pm »

Oh, right. I meant to ask for a Votecount.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2021, 09:56:16 pm »

Crap, I forgot that BK was actually town pre-conversion and that the original SK was 4mask.

OK, you might have a point. Maybe.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2021, 10:10:30 pm »

Crap, I forgot that BK was actually town pre-conversion and that the original SK was 4mask.

OK, you might have a point. Maybe.
Also, I was scum, so... point.

But, I'd be down to say it's Tric, BK, FoU. I actually would love to see what BK picks for a team, but I'm willing to bet that it'll have one of those three on it.

Honestly, we should probably fail this now, unless you guys want proof it's FoU and BK. I wish I could change my vote, but I didn't read the part about votes being permanent before I voted.

Vector, if you Fail this, I think it'd be the right move. BK is next and they'll make a terrible team, and it'll reveal more about who's a Spy, and then we can Fail that too, and try again with Knightwing or Jim Groovester.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2021, 10:14:10 pm »

It's high risk because the low-risk plan is to sabotage. If you get found out, the game continues, and it's not exactly hard to sow confusion and mistrust. If you go for the (technically) 20% chance to win, then you're planning on reading people and deducing that way.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2021, 10:16:59 pm »

BK: "TricMagic? Never heard of them."
TricMagic: "BK? I'm more of a McDonald's fan."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2021, 10:20:22 pm »

FoU: "This FallacyofUrist guy could be a Spy!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2021, 10:24:41 pm »

No you guys gotta PASS the mission.

PASS the mission. PASS iiiiiit

I think there's a very high chance the mission has 0 sabotages.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2021, 10:25:16 pm »

Whatcha gonna do if there is?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36