Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44899 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd want a minor contract to buy another ship to sail that route. 3gn would do, 6 months to pay it back.

Other than that, I also want to send out the Magierin and Motherland's Bounty. [I do still have one of those passes for one of them]

Yes, you can say 'I told you so', though the delay is just bad luck.

... 1 pass for the Magierin. 2.53gn loan, plus the .6gn for the navigators to the two ships, so 3.2gn for roundness. (I would suggest sending a fourth ship out too, so if one is delayed we still keep the market fed. If not, I have an invention idea.)

My other ship should come in next turn. And YAP if luck holds. If YAP doesn't come in, one of my three ships should with the payments. I'll leave you to the baronship title.

Also Jack, mind giving me a 2.75 loan on top of this? 6 month payment.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for a SCOPE to the undersigned Powder and partner at a cost of 0.8 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

-Sharky's financial services
-Powder Miner

ACTACTACT: Provide Moira with 3 sand to make a SCOPE, slap that SCOPE on the Fair Feldspar

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 04:36:43 pm by Powder Miner »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Provide Moira with 3 sand to make a SCOPE, slap that SCOPE on the Fair Feldspar
This is not mechanically relevant, but Moira isn't the one making all these SCOPEs. She made the first one, but subsequent ones are made by regular artisans, using blueprints provided by the customer. They keep some of the excess sand as payment. In fact, one might say that they cabbage the sand.
Long Live United Forenia!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

then why cant i theoretically buy sand from the market to make already-invented inventions checkmate atheists

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

then why cant i theoretically buy sand from the market to make already-invented inventions checkmate atheists
Artisans are picky, and require fresh sand, just like Moira. You never know what those sand dealers are mixing in with their product.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

I know one sand dealer who cuts his stock with cocaine.  Completely ruins it for anything other than a really grainy snort.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~22 hours.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Going to ask for extension, given I am currently working on stuff. Whenever Andrea and Jack get back on that.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem on the loan. As for ships, I think 3 is fine. even if one is delayed, 20 wool can sustain the market. the risk is 2 being delayed, but that should be remote.

Anyway, it is late to assess complex matters at this time and tomorrow I may be busy so...
I guess I will ask for an extension too.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Also Jack, mind giving me a 2.75 loan on top of this? 6 month payment.

But of course!

Spoiler: Lazy Jack's Investco (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Standard Options (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Tric 6 month Business Loan
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to transfer 2.75 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs, for an exact period of time of 6 months, at which 4.4 guineas will become due and payable immediately.  Failure to pay on time will cause the amount to accrue interest at 10% of the owed amount for each month that the amount remains unpaid.

Signed:
-First United Sandbank
-

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Tric 6 month Business Loan
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to transfer 2.75 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs, for an exact period of time of 6 months, at which 4.4 guineas will become due and payable immediately.  Failure to pay on time will cause the amount to accrue interest at 10% of the owed amount for each month that the amount remains unpaid.

Signed:
-First United Sandbank
-Bathub Corsairs

Piracy Completed, Yar-har-har.

ANDREAANDREAANDREA

Got 2.75 to deposit, can I get a 6% interest to match Jack's deal? This should help you buy the Lordship while still loaning me the money. Yes, this is a dirty trick, but we're Corsairs. Jack still makes money off it. If things go well it will be in three months.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I'd be happy to lend to someone trying to outbid me, profit is profit after all!

I only put that bid on the title to get some business going, so I'm quite happy!  Feed the Fat Banker!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd be happy to lend to someone trying to outbid me, profit is profit after all!

I only put that bid on the title to get some business going, so I'm quite happy!  Feed the Fat Banker!
Glad you're happy then. I'll likely still be using your services later on, since Andrea isn't at the point he can offer an entire ship on loan.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

@andrea: Will it be possible to get large loan come early spring, since want to do something big.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you expect something to come back around? That loan would mostly be based on me paying mine, so my ship would need to come in and not be delayed. Which should happen, even if it is a bit damaged from the storm.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 71