Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45021 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Did we (Enterprise) sign a navigator contract? How much do I owe for it?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, you haven't signed a contract yet.

Considering the increase of trade, I am selling navigator rights for 0.5 guineas (advance payment) this turn.

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Enterprise represented by thesignatory company or companies with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .5 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
- Sharky's financial ventures
-

I believe you have distribution of chart costs in your ship charter now, so that should simplify things on your end.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Sell 4 wool for 3 guineas

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Enterprise represented by thesignatory company or companies with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .5 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
- Sharky's financial ventures
- On Behalf of the Enterprise, Aywanez Enterprises

I will pay the full 0.5 guineas now, so ES and TCK can repay me when they're online.

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll pay my 0.15gn now.  Thanks a1s - I'm not really good with money, I keep dropping my pocket change into the harbor.  It's a real problem.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@RockeaterRockeaterRockeater

Paying 0.1 guinea of interest

edit: Also, updated the spreadsheet

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:23:02 pm by andrea »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile

I will pay the full 0.5 guineas now, so ES and TCK can repay me when they're online.

ACTACTACT: Sell 3 wool for 2.25
also repaying a1s the 0.15 gn i owe.
Spoiler: RTC (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mid Spring, Y2
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

The Enterprise and Jolly Crustacean depart, headed north and south respectively.

Steady demand, combined with a brief resurgence in decorative sand jars causes the price of sand to increase slightly.
[7 Sand Sold]

Robert Wobbleglaive, master playwright, has some things to say about Wool in his new play, 'Measure for Measure (It's About Tailors)': "Hark, the folly of man, that he weareth hair of foreign beasts and calleth it fashion!". Needless to say, this stinging rebuke has a major impact on the price of wool, as tailors try to return wool they previously bought.
[7 Wool Sold]

Even after paying the divers for recovering it from the depths, the bonus that Happy Crab gives the crew of the Jolly Crustacean is very generous. The captain, assuming that something is expected in return- and recalling how pleased the CEO was with the crab they received before- gives one of the ship's chickens to Happy Crab.
[Happy Crab LLC receives one (1) Pet Chicken. This is a pointless and not remotely prestigious trinket]

Moira Libum, after a week of near-constant work, emerges from her Skunkworks Compound covered in a fresh layer of soot and carrying rolled up blueprints. She announces that she has perfected the ultimate eyesight enhancer, the Superior Calibrated Optical Picture Enlarger (hereafter referred to as SCOPE). The blueprints are presented along with a prototype to Sharky's Financial Services. Making more will require three units of Sand per SCOPE. Thanks to the incredible resilience of the design, it will never need repairs.
So... what does it do? How does it work? Ms Libum explains:
"Seesee when the refractory index of the secondary lens coincides with the optical resonance of the attunement dial and the relative position of the major celestial body used as an anchoring element after taking into account the absolute latitude of the observer..."
Uh, right. It lets you see far away things better, is the summary. Thereby giving you a better chance of avoiding danger on the high seas.
[Mechanically, every time a ship runs into trouble, the SCOPE gives it a 1/5 chance of avoiding it]
[Sharky's Financial Services receives the blueprints for the SCOPE, as well as one (1) SCOPE prototype]

The Crown, which is still not in financial difficulties even after increasing the naval budget, announces another auction. Once again, a title is on offer, this time "Honorary Commodore of the Royal Navy". The title comes with no military responsibilities or privileges, but naval intelligence may relay reports of pirate activity- on any sea-, thus potentially giving advance knowledge of ships struck by pirates. It is also, of course, a great honour to hold such a title.
The auction will proceed as normal, and last three months.
[Tag bids with LOT2BID. See bottom of post for reminder on how Royal Auctions work]

Towards the end of the month, the Nearsouth Nsailor arrives. Alone. Neither the Sandshape nor the Woolritter are anywhere to be seen.

PRICES
Sand   - 0.4 Guineas per unit (+0.02)
Wool   - 0.68 Guineas per unit (-0.07)
Ships  - 10 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand | Public charts
Norderland     - 3 Month round trip, yields Wool | Exclusive charts

SHIPS
>Jolly Crustacean       - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Spring Y1, expected to return end of Late Spring Y2
Warrick                - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Spring Y2, expected to return end of Late Spring Y2
<Nearsouth Nsailor      - Returned end of Mid Spring Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Spring Y2
>Enterprise             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Mid Spring Y2, expected to return end of Early Summer Y2
Woolritter             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Late Winter Y1, expected to return end of Mid Spring Y2. Missing
Magierin               - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Spring Y2, expected to return end of Late Spring Y2
Sandshape              - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Spring Y2, expected to return end of Mid Spring Y2. Missing
Bloody Shark           - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Spring Y2, expected to return end of Late Spring Y2

Dreary Black Pincer    - Explorer. Departed North in Late Winter Y1. ETA: Unknown

OTHER OFFERINGS
Moira Libum is always taking donations of any amount/combination of resources, and will provide blueprints in return.

Royal Auction: "Honorary Commodore of the Royal Navy" (LOT2BID), 3 turns remaining

NEW MECHANIC: Ship Augments. Some inventions can be added to a ship to improve the performance. The SCOPE is one that reduces the chances of a ship getting into trouble- any kind of trouble-, but others may do different things. Costs will likewise vary. Tag the acquisition of an Augment with ACTx3.

NOTE: Don't try to replicate blueprints by giving Moira the exact same combination of resources a second time. She's not interested in repetition.

REMINDER: Royal Auction. The Crown will, at times, start an auction for a particular item. The duration of an auction may vary, and will be announced at the start. To bid on the item, follow these rules:
   -Tag the bid with LOT[X]BID, where [X] is the lot number. Eg, "LOT0BID: 1 Royal Favour + 1.05 Guineas"
   -You can spend both Guineas and Royal Favour in a Royal Auction. The standard exchange rate is 1 Royal Favour counts as 1 Guinea.
   -Guineas can only be spent in increments of 0.05
   -Royal Favour can only be spent in increments of 1
   -Only bids in unedited posts are valid
Note: Royal Favour can not be earned during a Royal Auction. Any actions that would normally earn Royal Favour will yield the Favour rewards after the Auction ends.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am now accepting suggestions for the name of my pet chicken.

Andrea, what would it cost to acquire a liscence to produce additional scopes?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

if only somebody knew the status of the sandshape and could give questionably actionable information for a low low price, but only a madman would set themselves back by paying 3.6 guineas for a baron of the nearsouthlands title

ACTACTACT Sell 3 Sand for 1.2 Guineas

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personal license or business license?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 01:05:06 pm by andrea »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take my 2 Sand.
LOT2BID: 1 Royal Favor.

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personal license or business license?

I assume the distinction is for
1) putting them on my own personal ships
2) manufacture and sale to third parties
?

What is the price of both?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if only somebody knew the status of the sandshape and could give questionably actionable information for a low low price, but only a madman would set themselves back by paying 3.6 guineas for a baron of the nearsouthlands title

ACTACTACT Sell 3 Sand for 1.2 Guineas

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)
Sand doesn't have a shape pm.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71