Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44886 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 03:24:41 pm »

Can I join? If so we buy & sell things people don't need or throw out!

Spoiler: Junk & Crap Inc. (click to show/hide)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 06:24:40 pm »

Vixen Volume Trading

VVT would be interested in joining a ship construction contract but is currently going to hold its investment capital.

Spoiler: Vixen Volume Trading (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 02:38:59 pm by TheFantasticMsFox »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 08:31:00 pm »

Post deleted.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 04:23:11 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2021, 01:35:41 am »

BAT and BC, because of your ambiguous contract confusion, you guys have over-invested.  Figure out who has the investment or you will both be struck from the contract and the slot will be opened up.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2021, 02:58:19 am »

BAT and BC, because of your ambiguous contract confusion, you guys have over-invested.  Figure out who has the investment or you will both be struck from the contract and the slot will be opened up.

I’m not sure what’s ambiguous.  Could you point it out to me?  The second post was just to clarify that I was in fact signing the contract.  Also, what do you mean “over-invested” (this is my first time playing one of these games).

Anyways, if you could point out the necessary changes, I’ll be happy to make them...

P.s.:  is it possible/allowable to create an agreement wherein the undersigned agree to purchase and outfit a ship for the purpose of plying the seas in search of other ships to board, and “relieve” said ships and their crew and passengers of their liquid (and easily liquifiable) assets at gun/sword/cannon point?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 03:08:19 am by A_Curious_Cat »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2021, 04:02:41 am »

P.s.:  is it possible/allowable to create an agreement wherein the undersigned agree to purchase and outfit a ship for the purpose of plying the seas in search of other ships to board, and “relieve” said ships and their crew and passengers of their liquid (and easily liquifiable) assets at gun/sword/cannon point?
Not at present.

Also, in regards to the rest of your post, a ship costs 10 guineas, and the contract you're working with totals to 12. I believe that's what is meant by over-invested- the extra 2g have nothing to do (plus dividing a ship's shares into 12 is very awkward).
Long Live United Forenia!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2021, 04:26:22 am »

@evictedSaint, @NUKE9.13:

I’ve updated my original post and deleted my second post.  Are the changes acceptable or do I need to make any more changes?

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2021, 06:52:09 am »

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Clarisse' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Clarisse's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Clarisse. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Clarisse to be in agreement.

-Wilco Ventures - 2 Guineas
-Blue Fish Enterprises - 2 Guineas
-Happy Crab LLC - 3 Guineas
-Bathtub Corsairs - 3 Guineas

ACTACTACT:[Pay the amount agreed in the contract above]

Wilco Ventures, proposes the following contract for the other Motherlands traders to invest into.

We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Warrick' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Warrick's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Warrick. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Warrick to be in agreement.

-Wilco Ventures -  1 or 4(If Loan approved) Guineas

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 11:11:28 am by flazeo25 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2021, 06:57:03 am »

We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Clarisse' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Clarisse's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Clarisse. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Clarisse to be in agreement.

-Wilco Ventures - 2 Guineas
-Blue Fish Enterprises - 2 Guineas
-Happy Crab LLC - 3 Guineas
-Bathtub Corsairs - 3 Guineas

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 07:16:35 am by TricMagic »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2021, 07:09:01 am »

ACTACTACT:[Pay the amount agreed in the contract above]
Tric pls.
[THE FAQ]
How do I buy a ship?
Get 10 Guineas, somehow, and let me know you are buying a ship by bolding the action and preceding it with ACTACTACT. Something like this:
"ACTACTACT: On behalf of the shareholders, I buy a new ship to be named "Lucky Trout", which will initially sail the Nearsouthlands trade route."
Only one player is required to post this (not every shareholder). I will take it on trust that you have obtained the requisite funds, and add the Lucky Trout to the ship registry. It will automatically ply the indicated route until you change it, or it is damaged/sunk.
By all means announce that you are paying into the enterprise and update your assets to reflect this, but it isn't an action that I need to know about to process the turn.

@evictedSaint, @NUKE9.13:

I’ve updated my original post and deleted my second post.  Are the changes acceptable or do I need to make any more changes?
It may be easier if you invest in a different ship. I mean, lazy fair, so I won't tell you how to manage contracts, but there's probably enough capital around to finance a second ship this turn. And it will probably take less time than debating over who actually signed the contract first.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2021, 10:49:56 am »

J&C would like ACTACTACT: [To collect some garboge to resell.]

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2021, 11:10:17 am »

Dear Sharky's financial services, would it possible to inquire into getting a loan of 3 guinea to help purchase more shares into Warrick we wish to pursue, should contract we be happy to take a loan for in event the ship is indeed gets more investors.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2021, 11:18:04 am »

The best stuff considered by its current owners to be garbo to resell is Sand from the Nearsouthlands. This game is not about simulating all business opportunities, it is specifically about sending ships to distant lands to acquire goods to be resold at home. On this turn, the only Action you can do is finance a ship headed to the Nearsouthlands. That's not to say it is the only thing you will ever be able to do, but I will make it clear when other options become available.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2021, 12:16:22 pm »

The best stuff considered by its current owners to be garbo to resell is Sand from the Nearsouthlands. This game is not about simulating all business opportunities, it is specifically about sending ships to distant lands to acquire goods to be resold at home. On this turn, the only Action you can do is finance a ship headed to the Nearsouthlands. That's not to say it is the only thing you will ever be able to do, but I will make it clear when other options become available.

I see, I'd like to take out a loan of 7 Guineas. How would I go about doing that? Could I ask each of the local businesses for a loan of 1 Guinea?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2021, 02:16:43 pm »

We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Warrick' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Warrick's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Warrick. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Warrick to be in agreement.

-Wilco Ventures -  1 or 4(If Loan approved) Guineas
-Aywanez Enterprises - 2 Guineas

I see, I'd like to take out a loan of 7 Guineas. How would I go about doing that? Could I ask each of the local businesses for a loan of 1 Guinea?
Sure, I will give you a Guinea if you pay me back 2 Guineas in 8 turns, no messy interest payments. I will draw up a contract if you're into this arrangement.

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 71