Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82762 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 5: Honor And Glory
« Reply #1305 on: April 04, 2021, 09:27:15 am »

Put simply, that item would mean you could tell if Blue targeted Jim. Since it didn't that means Blue is town. At that point, you would assume either we or toaster are scum.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 04, 2021, 10:50:30 am »

Come on tric, I had used it on reverie N3.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 04, 2021, 11:33:51 am »

Mamobo is allergic to pollen :(

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 1 - Secretdorf*,
Secretdorf - 1 - TricMagic*,
Toaster - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - Vector*, BluarianKnight*, Toaster,

3 to Hammer. Day ends on April 05, 2021 at 19:00 CDT (~31 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 04, 2021, 11:41:41 am »

Come on tric, I had used it on reverie N3.
Why though? Why target someone it wouldn't effect? Oh, and there is also the case that you could have cleared Rev? And does not change much.

You've also got an issue, if you blocked Blue, who did the kill? And yet you vote Blue. If you don't get rid of him, you have to kill him to have a chance tomorrow. But you also have to kill a Mason to have a chance. Lynching him or one of us is your win condition, lynching toaster, the only one who could have killed N1 from your perspective, doesn't actually let you win tomorrow. Also, another Day of the Dead is your nightmare made reality.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 04, 2021, 11:44:20 am »

If you aren't mafia,  Toaster is your only option. If you are, Blue and us are your only options to take out.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 04, 2021, 12:05:13 pm »

OK. Secret gave me the wand and I used it on BK. There is now a skeleton acting on BK.

However, the flavor for the skeleton said that if BK tried anything out of order it would “break his arms.”

BK, you have an auto letting you action once while dead. Why can’t you just use Day of the Dead from the grave, then?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 04, 2021, 02:25:04 pm »

OK. Secret gave me the wand and I used it on BK. There is now a skeleton acting on BK.

However, the flavor for the skeleton said that if BK tried anything out of order it would “break his arms.”

BK, you have an auto letting you action once while dead. Why can’t you just use Day of the Dead from the grave, then?

Because I was hoping to save that ability - but you're right, I can.

Also, dunno why Mambo didn't count my vote on Secret.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 04, 2021, 02:36:20 pm »

Also, dunno why Mambo didn't count my vote on Secret.
Because Secretdorf's name is Secretdorf, and I have to manually add in aliases.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 04, 2021, 04:19:23 pm »

Secret, providing items is fine and all, but you must bear the burden of proof against the Blue Knight. Also, roleblocking shows that it forms a skeleton to follow.

Blue, can you ask Toony what his wand's result said? Was there anything menacing in it's flavor when it was used?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 04, 2021, 05:38:21 pm »

Secret, providing items is fine and all, but you must bear the burden of proof against the Blue Knight. Also, roleblocking shows that it forms a skeleton to follow.

Blue, can you ask Toony what his wand's result said? Was there anything menacing in it's flavor when it was used?

He's going to check now - I'll send it when he passes it over.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 04, 2021, 05:51:29 pm »

OK. Where we are is that all of us appear to have confirmable actions. This is certainly a puzzle.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 04, 2021, 05:52:39 pm »

Secret, you can confirm that when you block someone they are messaged that it was you?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 04, 2021, 06:04:52 pm »

Main issue with secret is the lack of auto followed by no day actions on the days Rev were to be lynched. And his tool would have let him know who Blue targeted, but he's still voting him without outright saying they targeted Jim, and brought it up way too late in the day.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 04, 2021, 06:08:18 pm »

He can't be voting Blue if his tool would let him know who blue tried to target. As not only is it confirmation the block worked, but tells who they targeted.

Toaster is town for reasons is also a very silly reason, he's town cause keeping Blue and we Masons alive going into the night is guaranteed to catch him out. Either from blue proccing day of the dead. Or from us just voting him out tomorrow when Blue is dead and he is alive.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 04, 2021, 06:43:16 pm »

TricMagic:
Also, Toaster, you only have 1 superspeed to give, ask web about that redirect action being used multiple times. Blue doesn't have speed, so you should be fine.

It very specifically says I can use different actions.  Trust me, I tried.

Going to have to go with SecretDorf here.  (Purple because FoS plus vote but not actually vote because I'm willing, but not ready to hammer.)

Basically, everyone agrees BK was blocked.  If he was blocked, who did the kill?  The only way is if BK had two actions he took last night, one of which was blockable and one which not, and that Secret didn't get any wandage from the unblocked kill.  This does still assume that Secret has a way to block BK without taking his action away, but given how much Secret seems to be able to do, I find this more plausible.

Behaviorally, Secret's best case here is that BK is scum by process of elimination.  He gives quite a lot of reasoning of why he is town, but not one speck of reasoning why BK is scum.  I don't like the way he casually says to "keep an eye on Tric" either.  BK, meanwhile, opens up on a case why Secret is scum, and only later brings up the process of elimination.

I assume that either Vector or Tric will get targeted with a kill tonight, and I'll do my best to intercept it.  I'll probably just flip a coin on which I guard.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 97