Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 84298 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 3: The Werehouse District
« Reply #1125 on: March 29, 2021, 04:02:22 pm »

Unvote Reverie is the most likely of everyone. But I do still want to here from certain people.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 29, 2021, 04:04:53 pm »

About Reverie.

Here is FallacyOfUrist's townlist. Note that TM, 4mask, and myself are all but confirmed town (TM and 4mask by death, me by killing two members of the scumteam). Therefore, in order for this readslist to serve a purpose, it is likely that one of the scumteam is in here.

My favored town-suspects are Reverie, ToonyMan, 4maskwolf, and Vector, in order of 'I trust this person the most.' The rest are somewhere in the null middle.

My favored town-suspects are Reverie, ToonyMan, 4maskwolf, and Vector, in order of 'I trust this person the most.' The rest are somewhere in the null middle.

I've been suspicious since D2 of Reverie due to their offer to referee in the me-NQT thunderdome:

There's a reason I asked to be hit by the wand. I'm an Oracle. I was hoping to get more mileage out of being circumstantially targeted, but if you guys are willing to have a mediator to claim against, I'll do my best.

Here is an attempt to rescue FoU:

I'm now also operating under the assumption that scum!FoU being soft on an unaffiliated Lucky doesn't feel likely. On the other hand, scum were almost definitely on that wagon.

Some (potential) muddying of the waters:

If Jim confirms Toaster actioned on him then everyone except Reverie has a provable night action. Is that right?

No. If we take everyone at their word, this is the case.

Here is FoU on Reverie:

At least one of reverie/caz is mafia.
I'm thinking Caz. I haven't seen anything sus out of Reverie yet.

We recall that Reverie claimed to None N1. Here is Toony's helpful legacy post + synopsis of night actions. Below is Reverie's claim + breadcrumbing of the claim D1; comment on FoU kept in for the purpose of transparency:

Alright, my turn. I am a Temporacle, an oracle with the power to bend time. I breadcrumbed my element in the first post since game start.

[...]

I had my own reasons for wanting FoU to claim first. I targeted him last night with the delay power, which means he's lying. Secret did attempt to block me with his power absorbing trick, but it was delayed. Both the block itself, and the retrieval of the wand. I won't be able to use my powers today.

RVS sucks and RVS voters are dillweeds.

To be honest, I've played enough D1s to almost agree with you, but it's much better than the non-starter of sitting on our hands waiting for something (often bad) to happen. It's illuminating to watch who bandwagons who anyway.

My curiosity right now has mostly to do with Fakerag. Everything good and ominous over there, can you talk?

Here is the breadcrumbing post. Please recall that this particular style of breadcrumbing is NQT's specialty as scum.

Recall the giftbasket sequence. Fallacy openly claimed the mansion; here, NQT is outed scum and claims to action Reverie. Either Reverie gains towncred/distancing or we get a cover for a day action boost; either way, it's a fairly similar strat to FoU's:

This just in, I received nothing from NQT. Either he’s lying or was blocked.

Final post incoming.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 29, 2021, 04:12:41 pm »

Pièce de Résistance:
Here is the point I made on D1 about Reverie's weird post formatting. Let's see the code on the first weird post:

Code: [Select]
[quote author=Reverie link=topic=178237.msg8260840#msg8260840 date=1616167036]
[font=verdana][size=1em]Snark or no, shotgun-RVSing the entire lobby comes across as an easy return of investment in the art of looking busy. It's fluff in its own way.
Whether or not you do it as town doesn't change the fact that it [i]does[/i] get my attention (as someone who talks too much when nervous), and Jim's point resonates with it. But point taken. [color=#ff0000][b]Unvote.[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

[quote author=Reverie link=topic=178237.msg8261288#msg8261288 date=1616277025]
I have an ability with post restrictions, so discount nothing.

I’m going to give the current development another look tomorrow, but I have to say that [b][color=#0000ff]FoU[/color][/b] is on my radar after mulling over his towntell question. The mansion thing is not helping, but my vote is not budging until Lucky makes his case.
[/quote]

Here is Reverie's claim that nothing strange is going on:

Finding the random and apparently deliberate switch to Verdana here interesting, along with writing out the individual colors as hexes.

I am not fond of the apparent abundance of careful/cautious play/overtalking things, or of these copouts:

What you're seeing there is my ongoing battle with the forum's rich text formatting. I assure you that I'm not being cute and passing messages along with my font choice or via hex code. As for my cautious play, that has always been my style.

A more recent post from Reverie:

Also, [color=red][b]unvote[/b][/color].

And yet, here, Reverie claims an ability with post restrictions:

I have an ability with post restrictions, so discount nothing.

Here is the Reverie roleclaim again:

Alright, my turn. I am a Temporacle, an oracle with the power to bend time. I breadcrumbed my element in the first post since game start. I've already shared my main ability, the one which feeds me info about spells that target me (via looking into the future to see what happens), but I left out the part where those spells are delayed by one phase. The wand that was fired at me on D1 (whose protection against familiars and conjured beings expired last night), thus didn't take effect until N1. My night ability, which I didn't use on the first night because its utility was questionable at the time, blocks a player and delays the result by one cycle. That is, anything I block on a particular night doesn't resolve until the next night. My last ability is a one-shot panic button, which allows me to escape any harry situation once -- be that a dangerous wand (hence being confident in my ability to "eat the risk"), or even a lynch or a nightkill. I've mentioned the downside early on D1 when Jim mentioned post restriction abilities. If I use this power, I would not be able to speak for a full cycle. I'd be absent for a whole day.

If we're talking about post restrictions Web doesn't like, "can't talk at all" is high on the list.

But even after I called Reverie on the weird posting, here's Reverie "amending one of Toony's posts", back to D1:

Editing Toony's list:
Caz - 1 - FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist - 4 - ToonyMan, Jim Groovester, Reverie, 4maskwolf
Jim Groovester - 1 - Luckyowl
Luckyowl - 6 - notquitethere, Caz, Secretdorf, TricMagic, Vector, BluarianKnight
notquitethere - 1 - Toaster

Code version:

[color=red][b]Caz[/b][/color] - 1 - [color=rgb(255, 0, 0)][font=verdana][size=10px]FallacyofUrist[/size][/font][/color]
[color=red][b]FallacyofUrist[/b][/color] - 4 - [color=green][b]ToonyMan[/b][/color], [color=green][b]Jim Groovester[/b][/color], [color=green][b]Reverie[/b][/color], [color=green][b]4maskwolf[/b][/color]
[color=green][b]Jim Groovester[/b][/color] - 1 - [color=green][b]Luckyowl[/b][/color]
[color=green][b]Luckyowl[/b][/color] - 6 - [color=red][b]notquitethere[/b][/color], [color=red][b]Caz[/b][/color], [color=green][b]Secretdorf[/b][/color], [color=green][b]TricMagic[/b][/color], [color=green][b]Vector, [/b][/color][color=rgb(0, 128, 0)][font=verdana][size=10px]BluarianKnight[/size][/font][/color]
[color=red][b]notquitethere[/b][/color] - 1 - [color=green][b]Toaster[/b][/color]

Note that whereas we previously had colors written, strangely, as hexes, now they are written according to RGB codes. Verdana is used again on Fallacy and on BK. For the two people involved, font, size, and color are written differently than they would be with the forum default; and according to the standard of Reverie's first post (if they really did want to do this manually), for unknown reasons they mess with the formatting between these two posts; so we cannot say that this is about being more accustomed to some other style.

This does not seem to me like Reverie is "struggling" with the forum code. No one switches to Verdana by accident. No one manually sets the size of the text to the forum default, adding additional tags and additional work, by accident.

As such, I believe that Reverie is lying about their role and actions, and urge us to eliminate them today. Reverie.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 29, 2021, 04:24:55 pm »

...the post formatting stuff is going over my head. also, a very weird post restriction if it even is one. maybe they just use different bbcode as a habit? but, even being able to notice this is insane to me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 29, 2021, 04:31:00 pm »

this is galaxy brain stuff

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 29, 2021, 05:20:37 pm »

I'm not too sure Reverie is the last scum - Tric's desperation, and constant posts, evaporating once he's hooked still makes him look worse in my eyes. I'm down lunch Rev, but I'd rather lynch her second.

As for my lurking - I was busy today. I'll toss out my personal case to my suspicions tonight.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 29, 2021, 05:23:29 pm »

I'm not too sure Reverie is the last scum - Tric's desperation, and constant posts, evaporating once he's hooked still makes him look worse in my eyes. I'm down lunch Rev, but I'd rather lynch her second.

As for my lurking - I was busy today. I'll toss out my personal case to my suspicions tonight.

Just reread deadchat. Missed Tric was cleared.

Reverie.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 29, 2021, 05:24:46 pm »

? Might want to read more closely BK, unless you propose I'm a cultist. And that is going to not hold up at all given there really isn't a way to win in that case once the last mafia is dead.

Just reread deadchat. Missed Tric was cleared.

Reverie.
Very fast ninja.(4minutes, but still.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 29, 2021, 05:30:36 pm »

Well, Vector summed it up way better than I ever could.

Vector and Tric:  Are you two confirmed town or confirmed not mafia to each other?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 29, 2021, 05:32:44 pm »

4mask, you here?
Technically I'm alive.

I've in the hospital right now so post level may vary.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 29, 2021, 05:33:36 pm »

Get well soon!  Focus on yourself over some silly forum game.  (But let us distract you if you need distraction!)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 29, 2021, 05:34:40 pm »

Toony said it has to be Rev or Blue, and his preference is red over blue.

Since he's been better at reading people this game than I have I'm inclined to sheep it. Reverie.

He also gives his completements to how cool Rev has been playing it if they're the last maf.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 29, 2021, 05:42:32 pm »

I don't mind either Rev or Blu. I want it on record that I think it's more likely Blu tho. :P

Not gonna vote yet due to hammer. And hope you are feeling better soon 4mask.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 29, 2021, 05:46:46 pm »

He also gives his completements to how cool Rev has been playing it if they're the last maf.

Oh yeah if it turns out that way, they def need some applause.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 29, 2021, 05:48:06 pm »

Well, Vector summed it up way better than I ever could.

Vector and Tric:  Are you two confirmed town or confirmed not mafia to each other?
Confirmed Town, no chatroom.

Block Caz, track Toaster.(And dorf) If someone dies, it's blue or toaster. That would be my suggestion if Rev somehow isn't mafia. And please tell us what Caz's role is?

Certainly cool under pressure, but the mason rings true.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 97