Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 84276 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 3: The Werehouse District
« Reply #1110 on: March 29, 2021, 01:29:47 pm »

i'm not muddying anything, i'm just saying my analysis was, although modest in extent, essentially correct on the main point i made in it. by all means continue. i'm enjoying you all muddy things well enough on your own...

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 29, 2021, 01:34:37 pm »

i'm not muddying anything, i'm just saying my analysis was, although modest in extent, essentially correct on the main point i made in it. by all means continue. i'm enjoying you all muddy things well enough on your own...

You want to lynch Reverie, right?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 29, 2021, 01:37:27 pm »

no i want to lynch vector but you all won't realise she's 3rd party Outsider until the game ends prematurely tomorrow

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 29, 2021, 01:40:16 pm »

no i want to lynch vector but you all won't realise she's 3rd party Outsider until the game ends prematurely tomorrow

oh you crack me up

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 29, 2021, 01:46:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure Jim's been holding his doubles action since day one. Kinda like how I got an upgraded action on day 2. Dorf getting two wands might be linked, as would Blue's double-track trick he says he now has. My Transfig is P10, so it goes last.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 29, 2021, 02:04:29 pm »

only joking. can't argue with vector and tric's mason claim. let's hammer BluarianKnight

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 29, 2021, 02:07:05 pm »

only joking. can't argue with vector and tric's mason claim. let's hammer BluarianKnight

oh no, such wifom T_T

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 29, 2021, 02:07:40 pm »

Aren't you just a bundle of WIFOM today.  :P

Ninja'd lmao

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 2: Hats Off For The Shakeragician
« Reply #1118 on: March 29, 2021, 02:21:24 pm »

I'm not sure why you're looking for my case on Reverie when I posted it yesterday.  TLDR NQT and Reverie spent D1 distancing.

I 100% believe Vector and TricMagic's claim of masonry.  I've been getting town vibes from Tric since this post:

I received the effect of the wand, and it is indeed positive. Not a divination spell, but a warding spell against something specific (which I’ll keep to myself in case I need it) until the “Night of the Full Moon”. The ability doesn’t specify when this night might be.

I’d say this clears Secret for sure.
I can actually answer this. That would be night 2 and 5. And suppose so. Also clears the one to cast it of the countdown?

He didn't need to volunteer this information, and yet there it is.  This is a solid towncred post. Bump him up to Town with Vector in said prior read list.

I can (and should) build up a longer form case on Reverie, but I'm quite convinced on it at this point.  Lynch Reverie, wrap this up in a bow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 29, 2021, 03:15:44 pm »

4mask, you here?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 29, 2021, 03:23:52 pm »

probably just as well 4mask isn't about tbh

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 29, 2021, 03:32:47 pm »

I'm about to make a fuckton of posts. Apologies, all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 29, 2021, 03:45:39 pm »

Starting here. Jim: You don't get information and your targets don't know that they have been targeted. Would you like to claim further? Otherwise, I am going to press a fullclaim if we mis-eliminate today.

I actioned both ToonyMan and Secretdorf during Night 2. I can spend points to power up my abilities which I used to target two people last night.

My targets don't know I target them and I don't get any information from targeting them so I have nothing else to report on that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 2: Property Values Plummet
« Reply #1123 on: March 29, 2021, 03:54:13 pm »

About BK.

Here is NQT pocketing BK by mirroring the beliefs in their post:

Blu
4mask, definitely. I can usually somewhat get a feel of scum or town off most people, but 4mask has always just read.. 4mask to me. I cant distinguish his scum and town play easily, if at all, without heavy digging.
I'd second Vector - still don't know how to read them too well either.
NQT - Who'd you prefer least to be 3rd party?
I think 4mask has a less legible style now he's been playing a lot elsewhere. Vector always seems pretty town to me... though maybe less so if they don't turn up. 4mask is the more dangerous 3rd party as recent experience has shown.

Here's an old Fallacy post. Yes, I'm quoting the whole thing. Note the three targets of choice: Caz, Secretdorf, BK.

Attacking BK for voting NQT instead of FoU in light of my copclaim is absurd;
Spoiler: longpost (click to show/hide)

Here is a choice FoU/BK interaction.

They've dug their own grave, and it's ludicrous you don't see that at this point.
I'm trying to avoid tunnel-visioning.

But uh. What is scummy about NQT? Aside from Vector's claimed cop result. What other evidence is there? It's genuinely possible I just... you know. Missed it.

In light of these three posts, I don't presently think that BK is scum.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is Toaster on D1:

Scummy:
NQT.  I'd love more hard data, but he's pinging my scumdar pretty hard.
FallacyofUrist.  What Jim said, pretty much.  He spend D1 BYOR15 threatening the town, and here he goes again.  He was scum there, he's probably scum here.
Secretdorf.  He's spent all day going on about day actions and hasn't actually espoused a case on anyone, really.  Got in on the ground floor of a Lucky Lynch.  The wand shenanigans is null for me.

[...]

Other Things:
Probably at least one scum on the Lucky wagon, regardless of Lucky's alignment.

Yeah, the more I read this feels like Scum NQT.  His analysis is there and looks useful, but it's not actually generating cases, per se?  He's using it to get to the conclusions he wanted to start with; which appears to be an easy Lucky lynch.  The worst part is this works even if Lucky is scum or town; ScumLucky and NQT looks great, TownLucky and oh well he wasn't doing anything anyway.  Plus, he says what I quoted above then he votes Vector, contradicting his own concern.  He does at least comment on that and back off it, but crucially before he gets any reply out of Vector.

I don't presently think that Toaster has the guts to bus his other two scumbuddies D1 when Lucky is on the block. If we were talking about Jim -- yes, perhaps. But I don't believe Toaster is scum. Unvote.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97