Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82779 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 2: Property Values Plummet
« Reply #720 on: March 24, 2021, 09:04:26 pm »

But uh. What is scummy about NQT? Aside from Vector's claimed cop result. What other evidence is there? It's genuinely possible I just... you know. Missed it.
Many things. I had a lot of flags go off on D1 and I'll explain why in a bit.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 24, 2021, 09:08:54 pm »

PS: I'd be good with hammering NQT and moving things along.
Look, as much as you claim to have your cop result on NQT, you may be lying. Or you might not be. Or it could only be a partial truth.

If you want us to hammer NQT, back up your result. Do a day-game analysis of their posts. Tell me who NQT's partners are.
[...]
They've dug their own grave, and it's ludicrous you don't see that at this point.
I'm trying to avoid tunnel-visioning.

But uh. What is scummy about NQT? Aside from Vector's claimed cop result. What other evidence is there? It's genuinely possible I just... you know. Missed it.

Furthermore, we should at least try to back up the inspect claim with some evidence of scummy behavior from NQT, just so we have redundancy. (Remember back in the most recent BYOR, where one mafia frame threw three townies into the shredder through sheer momentum? Yeaaaah.)

Go look at my "espresso-like" posts from yesterday for behavioral data on NQT.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 24, 2021, 09:12:55 pm »

Are you going to cast NQT's wand on me, btw?
Maybe, I asked Web a question first.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 24, 2021, 09:16:05 pm »

At least one of reverie/caz is mafia. Jims demon flavour doesn't sound good to me. What type of abilities do you have, jim? Not rolefishing here.

Blu's posts feel town to me but i am not sure. I think we'll surely win if we can lynch NQT/jim/reverie/caz/blu. NQT can be roleblocked.We could lynch someone else

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 24, 2021, 09:17:47 pm »

Furthermore, we should at least try to back up the inspect claim with some evidence of scummy behavior from NQT, just so we have redundancy. (Remember back in the most recent BYOR, where one mafia frame threw three townies into the shredder through sheer momentum? Yeaaaah.)

Go look at my "espresso-like" posts from yesterday for behavioral data on NQT.

I checked.

So... he's bad at RVS. Or executed RVS badly. What else?

Honestly it seems like Toony has a lot more analysis in mind of NQT's behavior, though, so I'm going to wait on that.

What type of abilities do you have, jim? Not rolefishing here.
This is literally rolefishing.

Jims demon flavour doesn't sound good to me.
Flavor is flavor.

At least one of reverie/caz is mafia.
I'm thinking Caz. I haven't seen anything sus out of Reverie yet.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 24, 2021, 09:23:10 pm »

I'm calling NQT/FoU/Jim. Aye.

Yes, I will go reread the game a third time. Later.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 24, 2021, 09:24:32 pm »

FallacyofUrist stop dodging Reverie's and my questions about Luckyowl.

FoU -> blocked Caz
Caz -> action blocked by FoU
I have no action to claim either. Want to see NQT's counterclaim though.

Caz, what gives? You were jailed but did you try to action or not?

CLAIMS

Reverie does nothing

Caz does nothing, gets jailed
FallacyofUrist jails Caz

Jim Groovester actions ToonyMan
Toaster actions Jim, gets redirected to ToonyMan, also shrooms notquitethere
ToonyMan does ??, gets speed boost from Toaster
BluearianKnight tracks Jim Groovester, sees him visit ToonyMan, also gets correct flavor about Jim

TricMagic tracks Vector, Vector visits notquitethere
Vector inspects notquitethere, sees mafia
Secretdorf blocks notquitethere, captures two actions
notquitethere tries to rolecop Vector, gets blocked

Is this all of them? I think the only things that seem to be unexplained are who killed 4maskwolf and who redirected Toaster. This might prove futile because as Luckyowl's flip shows there exists the possibility of actions having delayed effects, and there's also the possibility of players doing double actions, and also priority effects. Nevertheless let's make an attempt.

The obvious suspects would be people who have no alibi, which would be Reverie. Reverie seems to know when they get targeted so if nobody targeted them they'd be in a perfect position to claim whatever they wanted in regards to Night 1 actions. I don't read Reverie as scum, however.

BluearianKnight's and my claims corroborate each other, especially since BluearianKnight claimed my target and my flavor before I posted in Day 2. ToonyMan, Toaster, and I corroborated Toaster's actions. I guess ToonyMan could have shot 4maskwolf but that seems unlikely given the mason claim and the breadcrumbing of the mason claim on Day 1 that notquitethere also seems to know about. I think it unlikely that the redirector or 4maskwolf's killer is in this group.

notquitethere corroborates Secretdorf's block, so they could be working together but given their interactions I don't think it's likely both of them are scum. notquitethere could have shot 4maskwolf or done the redirect through his block somehow. TricMagic claimed a track on Vector but after Vector claimed her result. TricMagic could be fakeclaiming the follow on Vector but TricMagic is also playing to their normal town meta so I don't think that's likely. Vector's claim is corroborated by TricMagic and it's pretty poor timing to be fakeclaiming a guilty result.

Caz and FoU could be working together but based on their interactions I think there is at most one scum between the two of them. Caz could have escaped his jailing somehow maybe, or FallacyofUrist could act at night after doing the mansion. Of the two situations I would find FallacyofUrist being able to act at night the likelier of the two possibilities.

I'd have to point the finger at the Caz/FallacyofUrist group for the source of at least one of our unclaimed actions and I'd put it more towards FallacyofUrist then I would Caz.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 24, 2021, 09:28:55 pm »

Yes, I will go reread the game a third time. Later.
No way Jim is mafia in that group.

I could see NQT and FoU together.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 24, 2021, 09:41:23 pm »

At least one of reverie/caz is mafia. Jims demon flavour doesn't sound good to me. What type of abilities do you have, jim? Not rolefishing here.

Awesome abilities. Glorious abilities.

No.

I did not spend Day 1 harassing FoU and encouraging people to lynch him over Luckyowl for something I could just as easily have said nothing about.

PS: I'd be good with hammering NQT and moving things along.
Look, as much as you claim to have your cop result on NQT, you may be lying. Or you might not be. Or it could only be a partial truth.

If you want us to hammer NQT, back up your result. Do a day-game analysis of their posts. Tell me who NQT's partners are.

I'm perfectly happy with my Caz vote currently.

Once again I am confused by your play. What's your angle here? I hope you're not trying to stick your neck out for notquitethere because that doesn't seem like the greatest of ideas.

Why is Caz a better choice than NQT?

Also answer my question about Luckyowl:

Y'all aren't going to be happy about this, but I don't actually currently have a daykill. If my hunch is correct I might get one, but I didn't start the game with one. (It was a lie to push Lucky to participate. It didn't work very well, did it.)

You should have just said so when Jim made his argument. What possessed you not to? D:<

Yeah I'm still caught up on this as well. Why?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 24, 2021, 09:47:49 pm »

Look, my jailkeeping is a night action. I do not have the ability to act more than once a night. The mansion is a day action only.

Fineeee.

In retrospect, false claiming a day kill was kinda stupid. I could just as easily threatened to roleblock Lucky every single night until he's inevitably lynched. It would have given away some information about my role, but I have the defensive version of my night action to help with being made a target.

As for why I didn't say so earlier? I didn't feel like it.

Once again I am confused by your play. What's your angle here? I hope you're not trying to stick your neck out for notquitethere because that doesn't seem like the greatest of ideas.

I don't think you understand me, Jim. I am a being of chaos. I do as I please. I don't have years and years of mafia day game experience to think of twisty little schemes, so instead I just take my role and my alignment and I make a hodgepodge of soup with them. It isn't always perfect, but sometimes, chaos works. I never have a proper angle.

I can be logical too though, so here's the gist of what I'm saying.

NQT is putting more effort into the game than Caz. Higher investment with the game is a towntell. (Though this might change if NQT stays silent) Caz literally just talked about a counterargument to my attack that they had but weren't willing to try and give. Caz is being me, but evullll. About half the chaos and much less investment. Tell me, what is Caz doing right now? With regards to this game. What does their productivity look like?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 24, 2021, 09:52:30 pm »

... actually, I can sum up my case in a few words.

Caz is active lurking. NQT, for all their scumminess, is at least somewhat invested in the game.

But yeah, I could still be persuaded to switch my vote to NQT. In fact it's likely I will at some point.

But aside from my mansion, my vote is the only day game tool I have. If nobody pays attention to how Caz is being scummy because NQT is throwing up cotton candy fireworks and Secret is selling wands, how else am I supposed to make people look?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 24, 2021, 09:56:45 pm »

Caz I'm going to zap you with this new Wand now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 24, 2021, 09:58:06 pm »

haha im being a dillweed on purpose

haha

NQT is putting more effort into the game than Caz. Higher investment with the game is a towntell. (Though this might change if NQT stays silent) Caz literally just talked about a counterargument to my attack that they had but weren't willing to try and give. Caz is being me, but evullll. About half the chaos and much less investment. Tell me, what is Caz doing right now? With regards to this game. What does their productivity look like?

I guess if you ignore the big fat guilty inspect on notquitethere this makes some semblance of sense, but to your point about Caz, he's been very engaged during Day 2.

Caz is active lurking.

Yeah by making 35 posts during Day 2, compared to your 11 (or 12) and notquitethere's 10.

Yeah nothing you're saying is making any sense or coming anywhere close to reasonable. I'd call you scum but I actually suspect you of being something else instead. You might still be scum though.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 24, 2021, 10:08:15 pm »

I guess if you ignore the big fat guilty inspect on notquitethere this makes some semblance of sense, but to your point about Caz, he's been very engaged during Day 2.
Earlier Day 2. I don't know where all that stuff went now.

Why is everyone treating Vector's result like a certainty? Of course NQT looks bad. I won't be surprised by him being scum. But it's a claimed result, not word of mod.

Yeah by making 35 posts during Day 2, compared to your 11 (or 12) and notquitethere's 10.
Come on Jim, we both know that it's content that matters, not quantity so much.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 24, 2021, 10:27:06 pm »

No.

I did not spend Day 1 harassing FoU and encouraging people to lynch him over Luckyowl for something I could just as easily have said nothing about.

Good point, I had forgotten about your FoU interaction. I should actually make a proper readslist, it usually helps me avoid these kinds of dumb mistakes.

Look, my jailkeeping is a night action. I do not have the ability to act more than once a night. The mansion is a day action only.

Fineeee.

In retrospect, false claiming a day kill was kinda stupid. I could just as easily threatened to roleblock Lucky every single night until he's inevitably lynched. It would have given away some information about my role, but I have the defensive version of my night action to help with being made a target.

As for why I didn't say so earlier? I didn't feel like it.

I don't think you understand me, Jim. I am a being of chaos. I do as I please. I don't have years and years of mafia day game experience to think of twisty little schemes, so instead I just take my role and my alignment and I make a hodgepodge of soup with them. It isn't always perfect, but sometimes, chaos works. I never have a proper angle.

I can be logical too though, so here's the gist of what I'm saying.

... actually, I can sum up my case in a few words.

Caz is active lurking. NQT, for all their scumminess, is at least somewhat invested in the game.

But yeah, I could still be persuaded to switch my vote to NQT. In fact it's likely I will at some point.

But aside from my mansion, my vote is the only day game tool I have. If nobody pays attention to how Caz is being scummy because NQT is throwing up cotton candy fireworks and Secret is selling wands, how else am I supposed to make people look?

Earlier Day 2. I don't know where all that stuff went now.

Why is everyone treating Vector's result like a certainty? Of course NQT looks bad. I won't be surprised by him being scum. But it's a claimed result, not word of mod.

Come on Jim, we both know that it's content that matters, not quantity so much.

So, I want you to remember that NQT's case on me is 1. I was lurking (right after finals), 2. I didn't bother to answer their dumb RVS question, and 3. I claimed an inspect result on them. Therefore, OMGUS right back at me.

It's true that my result is a claimed result rather than a mod PM posted in thread, but I want you to remember a few things.

- I came back from the dead (meaning, a depressed stupor) and posted a few times. I posted largely about NQT, Reverie, 4mask, and you.
- You said that my posts were high-quality and "espresso-like." Shouldn't have said that, it made it memorable.
- That would suggest, to me, that you had read my posts; that they weren't full of BS and hot air.
- You show up in your first post today saying "someone needs to make an analysis of NQT."
- I said, "Hey, I did."
- You say, "someone needs to make an analysis!!"
- I say, "Yeah, I did."
- You come back and said, "OK, it's just RVSing badly, anything else?"

So here's the concept:

-> You lie about having a daykill in-thread and do a big runaround.
-> You state that bringing out the house is for the purpose of sparking conversation (claiming the action) and then proceed to get mad at people who discuss it.
-> You compliment my case on NQT and then conveniently forget it.

This doesn't look good; or make sense, Fallacy.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 97