Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82903 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 2: Hats Off For The Shakeragician
« Reply #675 on: March 24, 2021, 02:47:02 pm »

Meanwhile, a question for Fallacy. I've revealed the existence of two nights of the full moon, but on what day is the final one?
I received the effect of the wand, and it is indeed positive. Not a divination spell, but a warding spell against something specific (which I’ll keep to myself in case I need it) until the “Night of the Full Moon”. The ability doesn’t specify when this night might be.

I’d say this clears Secret for sure.
I can actually answer this. That would be night 2 and 5. And suppose so. Also clears the one to cast it of the countdown?
I think you've told me yourself that the last Night of the Full Moon is on Night 5?

Unless you mean something else.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 24, 2021, 02:50:49 pm »

Meanwhile, a question for Fallacy. I've revealed the existence of two nights of the full moon, but on what day is the final one?
I received the effect of the wand, and it is indeed positive. Not a divination spell, but a warding spell against something specific (which I’ll keep to myself in case I need it) until the “Night of the Full Moon”. The ability doesn’t specify when this night might be.

I’d say this clears Secret for sure.
I can actually answer this. That would be night 2 and 5. And suppose so. Also clears the one to cast it of the countdown?
I think you've told me yourself that the last Night of the Full Moon is on Night 5?

Unless you mean something else.

If you have an ability linked to the full moon, you can ask webadict what days it is on. If you can tell me the correct answer, that confirms that ability exists. I really don't think those abilities are a good idea though.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 24, 2021, 02:53:12 pm »

If you have an ability linked to the full moon, you can ask webadict what days it is on. If you can tell me the correct answer, that confirms that ability exists. I really don't think those abilities are a good idea though.

Are you suggesting your moon related abilities aren't a good idea? Elaborate.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 24, 2021, 02:58:40 pm »

Are you suggesting your moon related abilities aren't a good idea? Elaborate.

It's Transmutation, under the full moon. That ability screams werewolf to me. Not something I want to unleash when I have perfectly valid abilities that won't introduce a dangerous factor. A permanent buff like Fal suggests makes me think my Werebear idea wasn't so far off last time. They're just dangerous in general. And given Luckyowl's last ability I'd think Chaos would be a counter to so many tracks.

I would not use that gift basket either in NQT is mafia, if it isn't just transmutation or secretly lethal.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 24, 2021, 03:02:50 pm »

I'm just really wary of it given last game. It's definitely an Ace, but not one I can trust not to backfire.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 24, 2021, 03:38:52 pm »

... I didn't say anything about it being a Transmutation spell.

Did you get information off my role somehow, or is that just a really good guess?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 24, 2021, 03:42:00 pm »

Also, regarding Toony and the Mushrooms:  As far as I can tell, the mushrooms will be on me as well still?  I don't have a lot of info except that I must select an additional target to be mushroomed.

Why did you target me?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 24, 2021, 03:44:12 pm »

It's really fortunate that Luckyowl fell off the face of the earth because if he had bothered to post at all he probably would have won the game.

To assist my claim - the flavor mentioned he was a warlock with a demon pact.

Missed this but this is correct.

Y'all aren't going to be happy about this, but I don't actually currently have a daykill. If my hunch is correct I might get one, but I didn't start the game with one. (It was a lie to push Lucky to participate. It didn't work very well, did it.)

You should have just said so when Jim made his argument. What possessed you not to? D:<

Yeah I'm still caught up on this as well. Why?

Claims

How did you rolecop ToonyMan on Day 1?

I tried to rolecop Vector last night but I was blocked. Vector must know I was going to cop them (I softclaimed rolecop yesterday, they might even have abilities that show what was attempted on them, they could have been the blocker) and this is a pre-emptive strike before I've even woken up and looked at the thread.

Mmmmmm, no scum caught, not lylo. Not a great time for a fake scum read.

@NQT:
Toaster says he sent my mushrooms to you, is this true?
Not sure. What would that look like?

So there's an unclaimed redirect on Toaster, or somebody randomized all Toaster's actions, which would also be unclaimed.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 24, 2021, 03:50:38 pm »

... I didn't say anything about it being a Transmutation spell.

Did you get information off my role somehow, or is that just a really good guess?

Transmutation, Full Moon, Werewolf. Just keep to Jailkeeping is all I say. Or the trap. And no, that's just cause I have something similar.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 24, 2021, 04:07:06 pm »

Why did you target me?
NQT was under too much obvious suspicion to perform the kill (and that was the right choice, Secret probably blocked them) so I looked for people who were:

1. Quiet
2. Not under suspicion
3. Didn't have any connection to Day actions going on

This led me to decide to either mushroom Toaster or Blue. I ended up going with Toaster since I'm more wary of them.

I didn't pick FoU or Caz because I wasn't feeling great about them as scum after Day 1 ended.

Also, regarding Toony and the Mushrooms:  As far as I can tell, the mushrooms will be on me as well still?  I don't have a lot of info except that I must select an additional target to be mushroomed.
I checked back on what the heck was going on here and it looks like my mushroom buff went off as well. This makes my target choose an additional target to get my mushrooms. To be honest I didn't fully understand the wording when I got this enhancement, but this must be what happened.

The must important thing about this revelation:
NQT shouldn't know about this change because I was given this buff during Day 1, before Secret gave me the wand.

@NQT:
Toaster says he sent my mushrooms to you, is this true?
Not sure. What would that look like?
So there's an unclaimed redirect on Toaster, or somebody randomized all Toaster's actions, which would also be unclaimed.
No, it's even better. Either Toaster or NQT is lying. My mushroom buff I got during D1 had Toaster choose somebody else to get mushrooms (on N1?). Toaster claims to have given NQT my mushrooms as well. NQT said they got nothing. One of them is lying.

So which is it NQT, did you get mushrooms or not?

Be very clear.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 24, 2021, 04:21:10 pm »

For clarification, NQT saying "Not sure. What would that look like?" is a negative response, a no answer.

It should be remarkably obvious if you were mushroom'd, so that quote can be translated as a clear "No." response, a no answer.

I think he hid whether he was mushroom'd or not by Toaster because he didn't know about my buff and wanted to add more chaos, since I didn't seem to be aware either.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 24, 2021, 04:33:39 pm »

All around you, the earth begins to shake again. This time, you look towards the mansion immediately, watching it begin to fold in on itself. In seconds, the space it took up looks unscathed, as though there was never a mansion there to begin with.

The Mansion has disappeared.

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Caz - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
notquitethere - 4 - Reverie*, Vector*, FallacyofUrist*, Toaster*,
Reverie - 0 -
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 1 - notquitethere*,
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 7 - Caz, ToonyMan, Secretdorf, Jim Groovester, TricMagic*, BluarianKnight, Fakerag,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on March 22, 2021 at 19:00 CDT (-45 hours and -33 minutes remaining.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 2: Property Values Plummet
« Reply #687 on: March 24, 2021, 04:41:28 pm »

So Rev, what's the verdict on the basket?

I don't really want to wait 36 hours by the way. We've pretty much put everything from last night together.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 24, 2021, 04:41:58 pm »

NQT is 99% mafia. I'm going to go back and try to figure out who their buddies are while I'm alive today. I suggest everyone else do the same.

Quick gut feelings first...

Town:
Vector
Jim
Toaster

Maybe Town:
Reverie
FoU
Secretdorf
TricMagic

NQT allies:
Caz
Blue

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 24, 2021, 04:43:52 pm »

So Rev, what's the verdict on the basket?
I don't really want to wait 36 hours by the way. We've pretty much put everything from last night together.
No.

I want to determine 4mask's killer. It wasn't NQT if Secret is legit and I just got a Wand from Secret.

I have Caz and Blue listed as NQT allies, but Caz was jailkeep'd and Blue has an actual confirmable action so they're both clean of murder. We need to look deeper.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 97