Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82877 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I received the effect of the wand, and it is indeed positive. Not a divination spell, but a warding spell against something specific (which I’ll keep to myself in case I need it) until the “Night of the Full Moon”. The ability doesn’t specify when this night might be.

I’d say this clears Secret for sure.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Definitely not a clear, but it's a couple points in his favor, at least.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

In terms of town reads I'd say ToonyMan reads town, 4maskwolf leans town, TricMagic reads as usual, and then everybody else is pretty null.

The same 4mask that everyone was convinced was pro-town survivor in Supernatural 10 until we all died?

If you're saying I should be more wary about him because 4maskwolf is really good at the game, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I received the effect of the wand, and it is indeed positive. Not a divination spell, but a warding spell against something specific (which I’ll keep to myself in case I need it) until the “Night of the Full Moon”. The ability doesn’t specify when this night might be.

Cool so it worked and it's a positive thing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Jim:  Do you think FoU actually has a day kill?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can actually answer this. That would be night 2 and 5. And suppose so. Also clears the one to cast it of the countdown?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The day end timing is kind of unfortunate since I’m off to sleep now. I don’t think I had too much more to add anyway. Goodnight and see you all on D2 o/

Also, thanks for clarifying, Tric.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Web:  I suppose a quick Lucky force replace plus a day extension or so is out of the question?

NQT:
I think we're at 6 lynch candidates at maybe ten hours to go? Am I counting that right?

Only if you're counting people with one vote on them as a vote candidate, or if you're using some metric you made up to support your conclusion (the more likely one.)

Yeah, the more I read this feels like Scum NQT.  His analysis is there and looks useful, but it's not actually generating cases, per se?  He's using it to get to the conclusions he wanted to start with; which appears to be an easy Lucky lynch.  The worst part is this works even if Lucky is scum or town; ScumLucky and NQT looks great, TownLucky and oh well he wasn't doing anything anyway.  Plus, he says what I quoted above then he votes Vector, contradicting his own concern.  He does at least comment on that and back off it, but crucially before he gets any reply out of Vector.

It's too bad about the Toony thing; it's clear that neither's alignment is indicative of the other's.   But I do want to ask:

NQT:  Knowing what you know, what is the likelyhood that Toony is third party?

Toony:  Knowing what you know, what is the likelyhood that NQT is third party?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Web:  I suppose a quick Lucky force replace plus a day extension or so is out of the question?
I'm afraid it would be, yes, unless you can get a ridiculous number of players to object. Extended Days lead to stagnation, and last second changes to that are extremely unsavory and should be reserved for extenuating circumstances.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Addendum: Luckyowl can be replaced, if need be, but I won't extend the Day to do so unless it was an extreme scenario.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Toaster
I think we're at 6 lynch candidates at maybe ten hours to go? Am I counting that right?

Only if you're counting people with one vote on them as a vote candidate, or if you're using some metric you made up to support your conclusion (the more likely one.)
You're so unrelentingly hostile, like you're twisting my words to find something that isn't there. Not a good look. I just meant the vote was split 6 ways. Which it was. I should have used more precise language, but was my point about the spread being bad incorrect?

He's using it to get to the conclusions he wanted to start with; which appears to be an easy Lucky lynch.
Uhh.... no? The analysis clearly points to Vector being the best candidate, which I said at the time. It's just that that's not possible today, so getting rid of a player that tanks town's chances is the best bet.

but crucially before he gets any reply out of Vector.
I would love a reply from Vector, but I didn't even get a reply from them from my very first post in this game, I don't have high hopes that they're about to start engaging at this stage.

NQT:  Knowing what you know, what is the likelihood that Toony is third party?
Almost nil. There are some edge cases where it could be true.

Jim
NQT voting Vector for his analysis that successfully caught the least threatening third party in Supernatural 10 was weird but I'm at work so I haven't pondered that much. There's also that day start weirdness that me and 4maskwolf pointed out that I shouldn't forget about.
No, if you check the link through my approach in Supernatural also clearly showed the difference in Blu's behaviour after ressing as 3rd party.

I agree with Web about extended days. Hate them. So incredibly anti-game. Moving away from endless extensions was the best thing that happened to forum mafia on Bay12.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Toony:  Knowing what you know, what is the likelyhood that NQT is third party?
It's possible.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

I trust there's enough of you around to protect against last minute vote shenanigans, right?

Jim:  Do you think FoU actually has a day kill?

Maybe. He hasn't denied having one at least.

It's a pretty bad thing to fake claim since it's immediately provable but I suppose there might be certain scenarios where it might be reasonable to do that. Spending the day action on something else entirely is not very high on that list.

BYOR 15 had a mafia day kill so that's not out of the realm of possibility either.

Tough to say. I don't think the substance of my complaints changes whether he actually has one or not, however, since one way or the other he never intended to shoot Luckyowl.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am but given I'm currently voting Lucky can't do much.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I think we've all probably learned the lesson about CFDs by now. I'm curious to see if the Fakerag will vote though.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 97